Nautica or Insignia - Need to Decide?

caroak

We are considering one of two possible 2011 Oceania Mediterranean cruises. One is Venice-Rome on the Nautica and the other is Barcelona-Rome on the Insignia. Either itinerary would be great and both cover some ports we haven't visited. It now comes down to which ship.:confused: I know that the Nautica has recently been refurbished with new beds, etc. Not sure about the last Insignia upgrade or if one is scheduled for before our May/June 2011 sailing.

The thought of brand new beds is appealing but some other comparisons to help us decide would be great. Thanks.

Carole

Granted that there are different intineraries, the single major difference is not the food, the furnishings, the service levels, etc, but rather the Cruise Director, who can, and does for me, have a significant impact on my enjoyment of a cruise.

Granted that there are different intineraries, the single major difference is not the food, the furnishings, the service levels, etc, but rather the Cruise Director, who can, and does for me, have a significant impact on my enjoyment of a cruise.

Not us. Barely makes a difference and we have little interaction with the C.D.

Not even different color schemes or different carpeting?

How about different artwork (and I don't mean art for auctions!)

Color schemes, carpeting, upholstery, public areas, etc. are all identical. There are no longer any art auctions on board, so no faux art. The artwork on the ships, however, may well be different -- it is all, or mostly all, personally selected by Frank Del Rio, founder of Oceania and CEO of parent company Prestige Cruise Holdings.

He and Oceania President Bob Binder, along with corporate hotel manager Franco Semeraro personally selected all of the appointments for Marina and Riviera, much of which is being carried through on the Regatta class ships, so there will be a commonality throughout the fleet.

Some of the public rooms differ from ship to ship, some are exactly the same.

The Grand Staircases, for example, differ in the objet d'art displayed on their landings.

On the R ships, the cabins match each other identically in a given grade; although the decor becomes more grand as you go up the spectrum.

Hope this helped-

Stan & Jim

P.S. to Oceans & Rivers:

The tone of your posts seems SO familiar...:o

Have you posted before? Perhaps under another screen name??? :rolleyes:

If there was a difference, it was too minor to remember.

Yes, Nautica has chairs in the laundromat, while Regatta has a sofa.

Haven't been on Insignia, so don't know what she has.

Well, I've been on all three ships although Regatta was the most recent -- and I have to say that I never noticed the seating accommodations in the laundry room! We drop off our laundry and come back when appropriate ...

This is one advantage to being in one of the cabins opposite the laundry room, of course ...

Actually...the difference is the laundry room on Nautica has one tan argyle men's sock...somewhere, maybe the first dryer on the right...

:) :)

You haven't been following the exploits of Brewster Rocket (newspaper cartoon feature), in which they have discovered that tiny black holes open up and swallow things, and that the opposite is true -- tiny white holes open up somewhere else and spit things out. Thus, your sock is now likely on the flagpole on Regatta...

You haven't been following the exploits of Brewster Rocket (newspaper cartoon feature), in which they have discovered that tiny black holes open up and swallow things, and that the opposite is true -- tiny white holes open up somewhere else and spit things out. Thus, your sock is now likely on the flagpole on Regatta...

That means, it is right next to the bra that I can't find.

Archived