Hope Princess doesn't follow NCL Epic...

3LittleBirds

We went on NCL twice. Once on the old "Norway" former SS France; again on the Noreign Star prior to the freestyle approach. We were not happy with the food on either cruise, so have not been back.

Recently our TA said NCL was trying hard, translation the TA can make some money on these cruises. WE passed on the promotion.

The design of the new cabins and the ugly exterior plus less than satisfactory food and freestyle cruising will keep us from booking NCL forever.

Hope Princess, Celebrity and HAL do not follow NCL's and RCCL directions.

Looking at the Epic's room configuration was interesting. I'd like to know how the bunks in the "family" cabins come out of the ceiling or are people supposed to sleep on that curved couch.. :p Also, way too much hardwood flooring in some of the deluxe cabins... that's gotta be noisy to the people in the cabins below.

Looked a little closer at the enlargements of the cabin photos. There does appear to be doors that close to the shower and toilet areas. The issue for me is there is no place to dress in privacy.

One thing I did find intriguing... The Epic has "studios" (100 sq.ft.) designed for the single travelor, and they were actually fairly reasonable, about 25% over the fair for an Inside.

That's the ugliest and weirdest ship I've ever seen!

A huge floating box with another box sitting on top of it. Then curvy rooms where everyone in the room can watch you pee and shower!!! :eek:

Definitely not my idea of how to spend my vacation. :rolleyes:

Looked a little closer at the enlargements of the cabin photos. There does appear to be doors that close to the shower and toilet areas. The issue for me is there is no place to dress in privacy.

One thing I did find intriguing... The Epic has "studios" (100 sq.ft.) designed for the single travelor, and they were actually fairly reasonable, about 25% over the fair for an Inside.

The single passenger studio cabins is the one thing that I hope that Princess emulates on their new ships.

The Epic has "studios" (100 sq.ft.) designed for the single traveler, and they were actually fairly reasonable, about 25% over the fair for an Inside.

Can we say "c-l-a-u-s-t-r-o-p-h-o-b-i-c"? My laundry room is bigger than that. :p I would go nuts in a closet-sized room. I think the Princess Inside rooms at 143 sq. ft. are tiny, but there's no way I could stay in the Epic's.

My question is: When you a shower you need to dry off, so you need to keep your towel dry OUTSIDE of the opaque shower, which leaves you drying off esentially in the middle of cabin. Could this be? I see the need for the solo cabins. And how does it work for the "Family" cabins for 4 people? How would your teenagers like that? Just a couple of thoughts.

Harvey

Looked a little closer at the enlargements of the cabin photos. There does appear to be doors that close to the shower and toilet areas. The issue for me is there is no place to dress in privacy. One thing I did find intriguing... The Epic has "studios" (100 sq.ft.) designed for the single travelor, and they were actually fairly reasonable, about 25% over the fair for an Inside.

TRACIE: These Singles ARE insides. The windows lets you look out onto a hallway with pax walking by.

:eek::eek:;):eek::rolleyes:

I do think that the concept of having some single cabins is an excellent idea. There have been times we have been prohibited from booking a cruise because at that time we had an odd number of travelers.

There are a half dozen questions in here that have been answered ad nauseum in other threads. There are also multiple threads on the bathrooms, the rooms, etc. I suggest a bit of searching for posts and pictures that answer the questions.

Not trying to be a jerk, but there's tons of information in these forums. You just have to look a little.

The rooms are shaped like this in order to fit more of them on the ship. The bathroom is like this because you can't fit a "normal" bathroom in the narrow room. Some love it, some hate it. Personally, my family of 4 will love this. We can shower, brush teeth, poop and change without getting in each other's way.

As for privacy, read the other threads. Some are funny, some are surprising, and most are unbelievable. I personally think that anyone who will avoid a specific ship because of the bathroom layout needs more things to worry about in their life.

If you ever wanted a situation that could cause Norovirus to spread really fast, just put the sink far away from the toilet in everyone's stateroom. By the time you get to the sink, you've contaminated your stateroom so your room mate will get it for sure. Great idea.:eek:

Copied from the Net.....

How do people become infected with noroviruses?

Noroviruses are found in the stool and vomit of infected people. People can become infected with the virus in several ways:

by eating food or drinking liquids that are contaminated with norovirus,

by touching surfaces or objects contaminated with norovirus, and then placing their hand in their mouth, and

by having direct contact with another person who is infected (for example, when caring for someone with illness, or sharing foods or eating utensils with someone who is ill).

Persons working in day-care centers or nursing homes should pay special attention to children or residents who have norovirus illness. This virus is very contagious and can spread rapidly throughout such environments.

Just my humble opinion, but I truly hope that Princess doesn't build their new ships with staterooms like the NCL Epic. A friend is booked on the Epic later this year and just told me about the "Wave" staterooms. The shower and toilet are separate on opposite sides of the door, and open to the rest of the room. The sink is in a 3rd location at the end of the bed. Who came up with a design like that??? :confused:

Really? I had no idea! One would think someone would have discussed this on the forum by now.

Really? I had no idea! One would think someone would have discussed this on the forum by now.

Well, those of us who don't follow NCL closely might not have been aware. This thread was posted under the Princess threads and got moved incorrectly. Ie. "Hope PRINCESS doesn't do this". Thanks for the sarcasm.

Most of the questions here have all been discussed in many threads on here already and in detail with pics...

Double check the other threads like:

*Epic shower

*Frosted door thread..gives you lots of ideas about handling your frosted door.

and the list goes on.

Lots of humor is also interjected there as well....so don't be offended when reading many of the pages..

Well, those of us who don't follow NCL closely might not have been aware. This thread was posted under the Princess threads and got moved incorrectly. Ie. "Hope PRINCESS doesn't do this". Thanks for the sarcasm.

That's funny. I was reading through this thread thinking - where did all these people come from (so suddenly) - I don't recognize any of the names and it's mostly all negative.

Don't mind the sarcastic one. Does not have that many posts on CC and every one I've seen has been negative, mean, rude......

I like to read both sides of the story and different opinions. I usually ignore this type of poster and am a little embarrassed now that I responded directly to them.

Yet us solo folks who are staying by ourselves in studio cabins get normal bathroom doors you can't see through.:D

I guess someone realized that the solo persons might be "dating" a bit??? Pehaps there was some thought applied to this whole door discussion???

No problem! I'm known for my wit.

Archived