Booking from the UK

wishful thinking

I have a close friend who is a very good cruise agent in Orlando and he WON'T book a Princess cruise for me - they don't like it and it has been known for Princess to prevent boarding at the port of embarkation and none of us would want that to happen!!! I know we Brits don't like it and feel disadvantaged amongst other things, but being Platinum now I really wouldn't like to take the risk. However, I know some do............

I have a close friend who is a very good cruise agent in Orlando and he WON'T book a Princess cruise for me - they don't like it and it has been known for Princess to prevent boarding at the port of embarkation and none of us would want that to happen!!! I know we Brits don't like it and feel disadvantaged amongst other things, but being Platinum now I really wouldn't like to take the risk. However, I know some do............

Thanks Cosmic. Know what you're saying. Would not want to be in a position where boarding is denied! Would book other cruise line but Princess is the only one with the itinerary we want. This will be a VERY special cruise for us, so looks like we'll have to pay the £££££££££s!! Thanks for your response. :D

Hi wishfulthinking

For my ruby crusing I got US TA prices for US folks booking my UK was a little cheaper, so why do you think you are going to get done booking in the UK

yours Shogun

There have been a few threads on these boards recently re. British, Australian not being able to book through the USA and take advantage of much lower prices. I had booked for over ten years with a USA TA and now the cruise lines will not allow them to take bookings outside the USA and Canada. When I told them we could supply a USA address they asked for utility bills too. I think some American TA's well known in Europe must have lost a lot of business because of this policy by the majority of cruiselines,

Anyone from the UK booked a Princess cruise recently from a US agent? My usual US agent can't/won 't book one for me. Don't want 'flaming'. Just asking please. Thanks a lot in advance.:D

We have been trying for the last 3 months to book an Australian Sun Princess cruise for April 2011 that is open in every other country but the UK. I've tried to book with US TA's but have been denied unless I supply a US address. Princess UK are advertising on their website that Far East, Australia and New Zealand cruises are now open for 2011/12 which infact is not totally true. Only certain Diamond Princess cruises are open at present (ironically until April 2012 which totally contradicts the statement made by their sales office that the flight release dates determine when the cruises are opened i.e. so they have April 2012 flight details but not April 2011!!!:mad:) and they can't confirm when the other schedules will be released here. This probably means that the UK gets whatever is left after the rest of the world has chosen the most desirable cabins???

We have been trying for the last 3 months to book an Australian Sun Princess cruise for April 2011 that is open in every other country but the UK. I've tried to book with US TA's but have been denied unless I supply a US address. Princess UK are advertising on their website that Far East, Australia and New Zealand cruises are now open for 2011/12 which infact is not totally true. Only certain Diamond Princess cruises are open at present (ironically until April 2012 which totally contradicts the statement made by their sales office that the flight release dates determine when the cruises are opened i.e. so they have April 2012 flight details but not April 2011!!!:mad:) and they can't confirm when the other schedules will be released here. This probably means that the UK gets whatever is left after the rest of the world has chosen the most desirable cabins???

Why don't you just book the cruise and book your own airfares? Is it that much cheaper to book with the cruise company? We very rarely get cruise/fly deals here and usually they work out the same as if you booked them independantly. I like to be able to book when and with whom I fly especially if we want to stay a few days before and after a cruise, which we usually do.

Why don't you just book the cruise and book your own airfares? Is it that much cheaper to book with the cruise company? We very rarely get cruise/fly deals here and usually they work out the same as if you booked them independantly. I like to be able to book when and with whom I fly especially if we want to stay a few days before and after a cruise' date=' which we usually do.[/quote']

We want and intend to book our own flights. Infact we have already priced the Emirates flights but can't book them until the cruise is open for booking i.e. it's on their system but not released for sale as a cruise only or with flights - we are unable to book it fullstop!! :(.

We're in the same situation, we are looking to book a cruise to Hawaii for our 20th Anniversary next September.

I got all excited when I saw the press release on the Princess website but having spoken to TA and Princess in the UK they don't know when the "exotic cruises" will be released here.

When I queried why it was open for booking in America I was told that UK passengers only account for 3% of Hawaiian cruise booking so there is no imperative for them to open early.:(

It's only the fact that we like Princess and the itinerary is what we want that has stopped me being tempted to look elsewhere ......

We're in the same situation, we are looking to book a cruise to Hawaii for our 20th Anniversary next September.

I got all excited when I saw the press release on the Princess website but having spoken to TA and Princess in the UK they don't know when the "exotic cruises" will be released here.

When I queried why it was open for booking in America I was told that UK passengers only account for 3% of Hawaiian cruise booking so there is no imperative for them to open early.:(

It's only the fact that we like Princess and the itinerary is what we want that has stopped me being tempted to look elsewhere ......

It's the itinerary and time frame that's also drawing us to this specific cruise. What's more infuriating is when Princess UK refer to releasing this schedule as early booking. I wouldn't exactly call April 2011 (9 months away) early booking, especially when you can already book April 2012 on Diamond Princess:mad:???? I'm still awaiting an email reply from Princess with an explanation to how they can advertise cruises are open on their website, but this not actually be the case.

You sum it up perfectly...................we too like Princess and their itineraries, hence my added view that we are discriminated against here in the UK year on year. We had exactly the same problem last year when trying to book a 'not inexpensive' Alaska trip several months AFTER the programmes went on sale in the US!!

C'est la vie I'm afraid..............

In reply to the OP, YES, we HAVE booked via our usual USTA a couple of months ago for our 2011 Med cruise.

Although unsubstantiated suggestions abound, I have never heard of anyone being denied boarding BECAUSE they are Brits who have booked using a USTA

Why do I use a USTA ? Amongst other reasons, I can cancel without losing my deposit, I can book earlier with best cabin availabilty and can benefit if the price drops before final payment is due.

Just thought I'd update you on the reply from Princess.

Apparently, the remainder of the Exotics cruises will be opened on 16th August, 2 weeks before the official date. They also replied their website states Far East, Australia and New Zealand on Diamond Princess ONLY. I think if they actually checked their home page and viewed the large text box on the bottom right, they would probably retract this comment as there is no mention of Diamond Princess until you click for further information. Check it out, it's rather misleading!

I'm sorry, but that is rumour and innuendo. There has been no proof that anyone has been denied boarding by Princess. It is a rumour being put out by TA's in Australia and it has blown up into fact.

If you have any proof for your statement please give it. We would all be interested.

I'm sorry' date=' but that is rumour and innuendo. There has been no proof that anyone has been denied boarding by Princess. It is a rumour being put out by TA's in Australia and it has blown up into fact.

If you have any proof for your statement please give it. We would all be interested.[/quote']

I just KNEW those dang Aussie TA's were a shady lot! ;)

I'm sorry' date=' but that is rumour and innuendo. There has been no proof that anyone has been denied boarding by Princess. It is a rumour being put out by TA's in Australia and it has blown up into fact.

If you have any proof for your statement please give it. We would all be interested.[/quote']

My friend WOULD if he COULD is what I can say, and I take what he says in good faith from a friend I have known for several years and helps me in other ways with his experience!!!! He's in business to sell cruises so why not to me? I discussed this with him again last Sunday when the Crown Princess was in Liverpool doing a round Britain cruise......

Has he actually tried to book you with Princess or is he falling for the hype that is going around that you'll be denied. Has anyone come here to report that they have actually been denied boarding - not heard from a friend of a friend of a neighbor that saw someone being denied.

The people you deal with landside when you check in dont even work for princess, they are all agents, all they are there for is to check passports collect cc details, you are 1 of 2 of maybe 3000, they dont care when there is a line of however many

For what it's worth our last two Princess cruises have been booked through a UK cruise club (Clue; you'll never walk alone). We booked cruise only, bought our own flights and saved over £1000 on full cost of both. Four passengers for the price of three, that's a good enough deal for me!

Archived