Payiing before final date

AndyTheK

For various reasons, I want to pay my balance in full a couple of weeks before final payment is due. What would happen if the price drops before final payment date? Would I be entitled to the reduction, and if so, how would this be managed by Princess (OBC?). I'm booked direct, no TA involved, so if I see a price drop, I'll call it in.

Has this happened to anyone?

Shalom, Andy.

Before final payment they will reduce the price if you see a drop and call them. They could probably do a credit to your card, but I've had them put it as an OBC when this has happened. Even after final payment I've had Princess drop the price for me in the past, but there's no guarantee that they'll do this after final payment.

Before final payment they will reduce the price if you see a drop and call them. They could probably do a credit to your card, but I've had them put it as an OBC when this has happened. Even after final payment I've had Princess drop the price for me in the past, but there's no guarantee that they'll do this after final payment.
Thanks. Wasn't sure about this one.

I'm sure that crediting after final payment could be done, but I am kinda skeptical it actually would occurr.....:rolleyes:

Bob

I'm sure that crediting after final payment could be done, but I am kinda skeptical it actually would occurr.....:rolleyes:

Bob

It definitely can be done, I've had Princess drop the price after final payment was made twice over the years. However, I've also had them deny crediting the price drop after final payment also. It doesn't hurt to ask, but be ready for them to say no.

Once again, I thank all of you who have answered. As it turns out, the question is moot: I called Princess to make the payment and had the rep check the fare. Turns out the fare has gone UP from what I paid, so of course we did not do a re-fare now. I'll still look up until the cruise itself, of course. But for now, it's settled.

Shalom, Andy.

Once again, I thank all of you who have answered. As it turns out, the question is moot: I called Princess to make the payment and had the rep check the fare. Turns out the fare has gone UP from what I paid, so of course we did not do a re-fare now. I'll still look up until the cruise itself, of course. But for now, it's settled.

Shalom, Andy.

Did you offer them the difference?

• 1 month later...
It definitely can be done, I've had Princess drop the price after final payment was made twice over the years. However, I've also had them deny crediting the price drop after final payment also. It doesn't hurt to ask, but be ready for them to say no.

I agree. We were all paid up for this November and the price dropped. They lowered our fair and put it back on the credit card we used.

I agree. We were all paid up for this November and the price dropped. They lowered our fair and put it back on the credit card we used.

That's what happened to us on our Mexican Riviera cruise last year..ended up getting about $900 back over the two cruises.

Is there anyway to confirm final payment was sent by TA and received by Princess?

I don't know of a way to see final payment information on the princess web page if you are using a travel agent. The easiest way to confirm payment is to go to your credit card web page and look for a charge from Princess cruise lines, not your Travel Agent.

I don't know of a way to see final payment information on the princess web page if you are using a travel agent. The easiest way to confirm payment is to go to your credit card web page and look for a charge from Princess cruise lines, not your Travel Agent.

This is correct, you would see the debit to Princess on your online credit/debit card account summary. That's where I go to see mine; but my TA has usually sent me an e-mail telling me that she had made my final payment to Princess - or whatever cruiseline that I'm sailing with that time.

Is there anyway to confirm final payment was sent by TA and received by Princess?

I know they will discourage you from contacting Princess directly if you booked through a TA and you are concerened that the TA did not pay the booking then ask to speak with a supervisor at Princess they will at least confirm your money is where its supposed to be.

Unless someone paid by check and the check did not clear yet.

I know they will discourage you from contacting Princess directly if you booked through a TA and you are concerened that the TA did not pay the booking then ask to speak with a supervisor at Princess they will at least confirm your money is where its supposed to be.

Thank you.

Archived