Insignia Cabin 6051

caroak

Has anyone stayed in this cabin? It's the first cabin next to a lifeboat and I was wondering if that would make it undesirable.

We were in 6053 and there was no problem with the life boats.

We were in 6050 (opposite side of ship) on Pacific Princess (an identical R class ship) and the cabin was fine.

Being next to the lifeboat had no impact on the cabin (you don't see it unless you crane out beyond the barrier). Being midships helps insure smooth travels.

Has anyone stayed in this cabin? It's the first cabin next to a lifeboat and I was wondering if that would make it undesirable.

I would think if the ship sank it would be most desirable:rolleyes:

The lifeboats do not obstruct your view

They tuck into the side of the ship that is why the CAT E cabins are smaller

You may hear some noise on days when they lower the tenders but we hear that in the CAT C that are below also;)

Lyn

1117976215_Cruise2008192.jpg.db0a6f3158888382244ab1e2eac3e91a.jpg

We've been in 6051 on Azamara Quest which is identical ship. On balcony there is solid wall on your left with lifeboat behind it; it does not protrude. On your right is usual opaque panel wall separating your balcony from neighbor. Location is very quiet and stable. It's our favorite cabin!

My first O cruise was 6051, Insignia. I chose it because the aft side of the balcony is a steel partition, so there's no neighbor on that side. The E cabin only shares half the wall of the cabin, in theory there's less noise. Because E cabin is smaller, I have found that it sometimes is used for single occupancy, such as single passengers, or ship's entertainer, or any other single person.

You can't see the lifeboat as it is actually recessed.

There's no crew door across the hall from 6051, so it's in a mid ship, quiet location. The absence of inside staterooms and fewer cabins in total make this a quieter deck than 7, simply because of less traffic.

...we were in 6050 on the Regatta, we had no problems whatsoever being nearer to the lifeboats, you hear nothing from that area, your view is not obstructed at all, and we never really heard any noise from the tenders being lowered unless we were out on our balcony. We wanted to be as close to mid ship as possible on deck 6, so 6050 was it...

cheers,

The Imagineer

Archived