Miami Hotel Recommendation??

Dpeeps

Since rates may change based on time of the year and demand, I'm not sure I'd advise booking it based on it being $84. Yes, also 5 star and Downtown, but another way is to click "more info" on Lastminutetravel's website and look at the URL address. It should say within that address hotelID=917. 917 is the Intercontinental.

I really was not telling someone to book on just what I posted but TO LOOK at what I posted, this is the InterContinental and if they would simply go look at the rest of the MORE INFORMATION they would see the rest of the description, which is the InterContinental. I guess I give people more correct.:rolleyes:

Laura

Hi Guys - I too am looking for a Miami hotel... Just double-checking... Is this the right one? it says "NEXT TO" not ACROSS...

Is this it? My date 11/18 shows $116, JUST CHECKING THAT THIS IS THE RIGHT ONE... THANKS MUCH!

Centrally located next to Bayside Market Place

Yes, that's Intercontinental Hotel. But I'm showing a price of $84 for your date of 11/18. That's for double occupancy. Are you putting in more than 2 guests?

Jo-Ann

Ok, I am going to lastminutetravel.com

select hotels

then typing in Miami

it will give a list of areas, pick Miami FL, USA

select 5 stars

downtown area

hotel should be the first one for 84.00

is this what you were doing???

I did this one again so I could see what I was picking and got the hotel again with no problems.

I told you I was a "RETARD"...LOL I did exactly as your wrote it and got it for $96.31. Then I read a post about $34 a night to park... oh well. Do most people leave their vehicles at the port?

I told you I was a "RETARD"...LOL I did exactly as your wrote it and got it for $96.31. Then I read a post about $34 a night to park... oh well. Do most people leave their vehicles at the port?

Glad you got the hotel info figured out. As for parking, well it is $14 per day cheaper at the port... according to the port's website anyway: http://www.miamidade.gov/portofmiami/directions_parking.asp. If I had a car with me, that's where I'd park it! Parking at the port would also save you the taxi fare from the Intercontinental - even though it's a small fare those dollars do add up!

I am so glad you got it for 96.31.:) It would be much cheaper to park your car at the port. But this is a very beautiful hotel and I know you will just fall in love with it as alot us have.

Laura

It is the one that is listed for 84.00 dollars. The first one that shows up after you just pick 5 stars and downtown only. Just saw it for this price.

5-star hotel in Downtown Area/Miami spacer.gifudcv_arrow.png

Where’s the hotel name? The price is so low, we can’t reveal it yet. Learn more

Superior accommodations at the hotel is the ideal choice for your next unforgettable getaway Amazing city views and city excitement in walking distance, we await your arrival more info

Check Rates and Availability

$84

lowest avg nightly rate

You gain 0

TripleDip points

Regular Price:$84 Member Savings$ TripleDip gaining:0Members Pay:$84

bestValue_image_small.gif Room TypeStatusAvg Nightly Rate Standard Available $83.03 show detailsBook It

Got it!!! LAURA -- Thanks BUNCHES !!!:)

Any other nearby parking option for the Intercontinental Hotel? $34 per day is too much for me...

I read in a Travelocity review of the IC that there is a municipal public parking close by that was much less. That might be so as there is a nice park by the name of Bayfront Park. Might be worth doing some research on that option.

Since I am flying I am not concerned about the parking issue, but would be just as you IF I were driving. That is really pricey parking, not to mention the tip as I expect is valet parking also.

I read in a Travelocity review of the IC that there is a municipal public parking close by that was much less. That might be so as there is a nice park by the name of Bayfront Park. Might be worth doing some research on that option.

Since I am flying I am not concerned about the parking issue, but would be just as you IF I were driving. That is really pricey parking, not to mention the tip as I expect is valet parking also.

My DH and I were kinda laughing at this. The IC in Chicago is 52.00 per day so we thought that was a great priceat 34.00. Guess it just depends on where you live. lol :rolleyes:

Laura

We are looking at IC for the night before our cruise in December. We are both bringing carryon bags only when we fly, so we are hoping for a place nearby that sells the liquids we can't bring on the plane...shampoo, hair products, ect. Is there anywhere near by (walking distance) that we might be able to pick these things up?

We are looking at IC for the night before our cruise in December. We are both bringing carryon bags only when we fly, so we are hoping for a place nearby that sells the liquids we can't bring on the plane...shampoo, hair products, ect. Is there anywhere near by (walking distance) that we might be able to pick these things up?

Both Walgreens and CVS are near the IC -- They both open early each day (6am & 7am) so plenty of time to get the items and board early!

Oct. 10,2010

InterContinential Downtown

taxes 173.35

4 adults

Lastminutetravel dot com

5*

needed room for just the day till we fly out at 6pm.

website lowest price for 4 adults 321.00

Very happy with this:D

i booked this hotel again for our last day in Miami. Our flights do not leave till 6pm so was looking for something to do or for a hotel for the day. When it dawn on me to book this hotel again for the day. Thought we could just lazy around the pool or whatever than use the room for showers and to get ready to fly home.

Laura

Okay - I tried the website for the hotel deal - the best price I got for my dates was $300+ per night for 2 persons - Feb 23 - 25/11. Wow, the $84 is looking really sweet! Again - does not give the option of selecting downtown as option. Am I missing it also? Feeling dense here! Thanks for any help!

Okay - I tried the website for the hotel deal - the best price I got for my dates was $300+ per night for 2 persons - Feb 23 - 25/11. Wow, the $84 is looking really sweet! Again - does not give the option of selecting downtown as option. Am I missing it also? Feeling dense here! Thanks for any help!

Sorry, I don't see anything for those dates. It could be to soon to book for those dates or something could be going on at that time. You could always book something now that you can cancel and keep trying to book those dates. At least that is what I would do. Good Luck!

Laura

Star RatingAll 1 2 3 4 5

Show Hotels by: Best Value Prices (low to high) Star Rating Name (A-Z) Name (Z-A) Show only available results

All Cities/LocationsMiami Locations

Coconut Grove

Coconut Grove -Coral Gables

Coral Gables

Downtown Area

Miami Beach -Middle Beach

Miami Beach - South Beach

Miami International Airport Area

Miami Lakes

North Miami Beach

South Miami Other

Other

Boca Raton

Deerfield Beach

I know people are having trouble finding where to pick for down town only so I thought I would copy this to show you where it is located. Hope this helps whoever needs it.

Laura

Archived