Problem with Dining Reservations

zaby

Is anyone have any problems - our 75 days just came up and the Reservations came on my proflile but I rec’d a message that I’m not eligible because of the following rules - I’ve noted below. But I am all paid up ... .HELP:(:(:(

• Dining reservations may be made beginning 75 days before the cruise, and modified up until 7 days prior to the cruise.

• Guests' reservation must be confirmed with a full deposit received by Regent Seven Seas Cruises in order to make dining reservations. Cruise reservations which are in Wait List status are not eligible to make dining reservations.

• Guests are only permitted to make one reservation per restaurant per cruise. If another guest has invited you to dine with them, you will not be permitted to make your own second reservation.

• If the day and time you wish to make your reservation for are not available, please visit the restaurant once onboard to inquire about additional space

Thanks, Travelcat.

I stayed up to make the reservations as we’re celebrating a b-day and anniversary - so am disappointed. BUT an glad to hear it’s happened previously.

Were you making the reservations this evening/early morning? We make reservations as soon as we can. . . . when I tried it a half hour after receiving the message, it worked fine. So, be sure to try again tonight (if you are still awake) and first thing in the morning:)

Great to hear that it finally worked. I know how exciting it is to finally be able to make a reservation. . . . then you see the darn message. Hopefully zaby will be up bright and early and can make the reservation.

Had the same problem a week ago when I tried to make my reservation at midnight central time. Contacted Regent the next morning and then suddenly just before Regent opened I was able to book.

Have been in correspondence with the person responsible for this issue and found out that booking currently are available at midnight central time and not eastern. Their server is in the central time zone but, it seems that the link appears at midnight eastern and if you try to book when the link first appears you get the strange message. This will continue until the message comes out of being cached which is hopefully this morning.

Regent is trying to find a solution and has promised me a response once it is resolved and I will posts that here. Regent and this person does monitor these forums and I will send this person an e-mail right now to notify him that the same issue from last week is occuring again.

For anyone else hoping to book, DO NOT click the link when it first appears as it is an hour early for some reason and will cause this glitch. Wait until 1 AM Eastern, midnight Central, etc. before clicking the link and you should be good to go at that time. Any earlier even though the link is there will cause this issue until next morning.

Hopefully I can provide a response from Regent later today

Thanks,

Got a quick response from Regent. They are still debating the pros and cons of how to solve this issue and promised to let me know when they do.

For now, the best thing to avoid the issue is to wait until after midnight central time to click the link. Clicking any earlier will cause you a delay until the next morning so while I am very familiar with you being anxious to book, waiting the extra hour will save you time in the long run.

For the record, I was able to book at 7:45 AM Central after I made the fatal error a week ago so by the time you read this, you should be good to book your B'day/Anniversery dinner.

Have a great cruise and I'l be back once I hear from Regent. Really nice of Regent to respond to me so quickly via Blackberry. And, before the office even opened.:)

REGENT REALLY DOES CARE!!!!!

Is anyone have any problems - our 75 days just came up and the Reservations came on my proflile but I rec’d a message that I’m not eligible because of the following rules - I’ve noted below. But I am all paid up ... .HELP:(:(:(

• Dining reservations may be made beginning 75 days before the cruise, and modified up until 7 days prior to the cruise.

• Guests' reservation must be confirmed with a full deposit received by Regent Seven Seas Cruises in order to make dining reservations. Cruise reservations which are in Wait List status are not eligible to make dining reservations.

• Guests are only permitted to make one reservation per restaurant per cruise. If another guest has invited you to dine with them, you will not be permitted to make your own second reservation.

• If the day and time you wish to make your reservation for are not available, please visit the restaurant once onboard to inquire about additional space

We are on the same cruise we got the same message last night 9:30 PDT. I just when on the RSSC site an booked our reservations this morning. We wanted to book one of our times on the 24th I saw that both restaurants were already booked for that date. Is some thing going on then?

We are on the same cruise we got the same message last night 9:30 PDT. I just when on the RSSC site an booked our reservations this morning. We wanted to book one of our times on the 24th I saw that both restaurants were already booked for that date. Is some thing going on then?

HonTri,

You had the same problem the OP and I had. You tried to book before the allowed time but, after the link appeared.

I have had another response from Regent and they will be deciding on the best approach to solving this issue by Thursday next week. They have promised to inform me of the correction and I will post this information in a new thread with an appropriate title once I am informed.

The Voyager is the only ship sailing prior to this fix and anyone on the Sept 23 Voyager sailing needs to make sure they wait until midnight central time, one AM Eastern, 10 PM Pacific, (everyone else, you can figure from these times) to click the Restaurant Reservations Link or you will be delayed until tomorrow morning making your reservations. After that time, everything should work.

Back the end of next week with the correct restaurant booking times.

Thanks,

Rallydave, do you know if this problem also exists with excursion reservations?

Good question but, don't know the answer so I have already sent an e-mail to my contact and will let you and everyone else know.

Good question but, don't know the answer so I have already sent an e-mail to my contact and will let you and everyone else know.

Another quick response from Regent tc. The answer is, yes, the Shore Excursions also begin at 1 AM Eastern. Regent stated that they believe

"We're sure there is less demand so people haven't noticed that it does not appear at midnight ET."

Believe their above statement is correct as Excursions typically don't fill as soon as dining reservations.

They are close to a decision but, it isn't cast in stone yet so we will need to wait until next week once they make a final decision.

Remember, I will start a new thread with the answers once I get them.

Thanks,

Thanks for the heads-up on the time for making the dinner reservations. I just made our reservations for the Voyager September 23rd cruise at 10:00 PM, PDT. Had no trouble getting dates and times we wanted.

We can't wait to get back on the Voyager.

HonTri

Hi. I saw what you were talking about there were a few nights where both restaurants were BOOKED already - there must be some large group going.

I did get to book my dining reservations but only through my partner’s account - weird - but all worked out.

See you on board ... I’m just watching the History Channel show about the deadly seas - one of them being the Aegean Sea. Can’t wait.

I'm hesitant to ask this here from all you seasoned Regent cruisers. We have never sailed on Regent before; this November will be our first time. Our recent cruises have been on Princess in an Owners suite and we usually have not dined in the dining room but have instead chosen to eat in the alternative dining rooms where we have been able to get off the menu items. We have based our decision on the day's menu and have never had a problem getting a table ( we eat late). From the discussion on here, I'm unclear as to whether should we want to eat other than in the Compass Rose on an evening we may not be able to eat some place else. Can someone please clarify? Can one only eat once in these alternative restaurants?

You can eat more than once in the alternative restaurants. . . . but, in order to know for sure that they have an opening, you need to book in advance. The alternative is to show up or call to see if they have any cancellations. In my opinion, Compass Rose is very good on most nights. . . but, for a first cruise, I would not want to miss out on Prime 7 and Signatures. Suggest booking in advance so you at least have something booked in the alternative restaurants. Then, if possible, you can change days once on board.

Sunviking, you don't say which ship you're sailing on.

On Voyager and Mariner, there is Compass Rose, which mostly has excellent cuisine, and La Veranda, which is a no-reservations, somewhat more casual venue with usually a steak or Italian theme.

Then there are Signatures and Prime 7, both of which are quite small. You can't eat in these restaurants every night, unless you're very lucky and creative with cancellations. They try to make sure that all guests have one night in each of these two venues. You can then try to get a second reservations later. Or, you can stroll by around 7:30 and ask the maitre'd if there are cancellations--this apparently works quite well at times.

I actually enjoy Compass Rose quite a lot, and find it quite enough to eat in Prime 7 and Signatures once each in a week, usually.

On Navigator the situation is quite different--no Signatures, and Prime 7 is even smaller, I hear.

Ann, if Al and you like, Ida and I would be pleased to share a table either in Prime 7 or Signatures--if we are fortunate to get a second opportunity--to dine in these specialty restaurants. We can discuss possibilities at our intimate CC get together on 8 Nov in the Voyager observation lounge. Believe like your special affection for the Sunviking, Al and you will love the Voyager.

Ann, if Al and you like, Ida and I would be pleased to share a table either in Prime 7 or Signatures--if we are fortunate to get a second opportunity--to dine in these specialty restaurants. We can discuss possibilities at our intimate CC get together on 8 Nov in the Voyager observation lounge. Believe like your special affection for the Sunviking, Al and you will love the Voyager.

Thank you for the offer, Wes. We would enjoy dining with you and Ida in one of those venues. We look forward to seeing you on the 8th as we sail away from Barcelona.

I am rather confused about the mention of booking to dine on the Navigator as understood that this is open seating and you just turn up when you wish.

We always eat early and hoped to be able to do so but please can someone clarify this for me. We have sailed disney and NCL and with Disney always had early seating and NCL just turned up when we were ready.

We are sailing next May 2011 from San Francisco to Alaska.

I am rather confused about the mention of booking to dine on the Navigator as understood that this is open seating and you just turn up when you wish.

We always eat early and hoped to be able to do so but please can someone clarify this for me. We have sailed disney and NCL and with Disney always had early seating and NCL just turned up when we were ready.

We are sailing next May 2011 from San Francisco to Alaska.

You are partially correct. Three restaurants on Navigator, Compass Rose, La Veranda, and Prime 7. First two you are correct, open seating and eat when you like but, Prime 7 is reservations only and that's what we've been trying to book 75 days out. Voyager and Mariner have another speciality restaurant called Signatures and if on those ships, reservations 75 days out as well. Before I get told about another restaurant, there is a pool restaurant but, you simply order and sit anywhere, La Veranda, pool deck, etc. and eat your food. Would call that more a snack bar than a restaurant.

Any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Archived