Your Top Three

mycruz

I have finally gotten my travel companion to seriously consider sailing with Seabourn and need to close the deal!

Tell me your top three reasons that you choose The Yachts of Seabourn.....

I have finally gotten my travel companion to seriously consider sailing with Seabourn and need to close the deal!

Tell me your top three reasons that you choose The Yachts of Seabourn.....

1. The personable, friendly efficient staff.

2. Cruising with either 208 or 45o maximum fellow passengers, nearly all of whom are friendly and have good manners.

3. On the larger ships, the choice of eating venues, at no extra cost, the casual cafe being very good for every meal, and lovely outdoors when the weather is good, as is the Patio Grill.

However, you might wish to read the review from patinw on their recent cruise on Pride, of which they were very critical to get the other point of view!

1. Ambiance of staff and cruisers. (except for 8 cruisers from Hilton Head in 2002.)

2. Service and cuisine

3. Itineraries and excursions and ability to schedule private tours when in port.

To enjoy time at sea with good friends ~~ both Staff and Guests

Being spoiled and pampered by the excellent Crew

Endless delicious foods and quality wines

Intimacy and comradery of a small ship (I prefer the 'Lit Sister's)

Also, having a knowledgable Travel Agent ~the reasonable rates of sailing solo on a 6 star cruise line

Martita B

I second all the above and especially Marianh. Staff, intimacy of small ship, great people you meet and stay in touch with. You just have to cruise once and you will see. When we did our first cruise, someone told me the Seabourn was a "cult". I didn't know what they meant but I do now...it is just special. Unfortunately in this economy the only thing that is permanent is change. We don't like all of them and miss some of our favorite people, BUT the Seabourn goes on!!

Wish i could afford Seabourn for all my cruise needs. Having sailed on the Spirit last year, what would get me to come back (aside from a great price) is:

1.) All inclusive. There's no worrying about tipping anyone or how many sodas am I drinking or etc. I find that in planning my current cruise on HAL, i'm worrying I'll rack up too many cabin expenses for dumb things like coca cola lol.

2.) The cabins. The worst cabin on Seabourn is still better than the Oceanviews/Interiors/etc on other cruise lines (based on my oceanview in Seabourn. It was a large picture window, not a porthole). The closet was a large walkin closet, the bathroom was also large with dual vanities in all cabins (whereas on major cruiselines you need to be at their "suite" level for those. Yes, seabourn cabins are ALL considered Suites.

3.) The smaller number of people on the ship makes it such that you run into people you "know". I wonder how it will be when I take a ship with 2000 pax when my last cruise was 206 passengers.

Talk them into it. :-) It will be worth it.

1. Ambiance of staff and cruisers. (except for 8 cruisers from Hilton Head in 2002.)

2. Service and cuisine

3. Itineraries and excursions and ability to schedule private tours when in port.

I forgot the breadsticks.

In addition to all everyone has said, the Sky Bar is high on my list, where you can sit above the sun-loungers, and watch the unobstructed scenery (no clouded windscreens up there) while receiving the most friendly service. Caviar is also on my list, which is still included at no charge.

Merril

Thankyou. I agree! Just jesting;)

Uh oh. It appears that someone who administers this site is a little short on a sense of humor. If you're going to cut out posters' comments, at least have the courtesy (to attempt) to explain why.

Uh oh. It appears that someone who administers this site is a little short on a sense of humor. If you're going to cut out posters' comments, at least have the courtesy (to attempt) to explain why.

hmmmm now what could that have been?

you are all contributing some good reasons! Thanks!

Can you tell me what typically goes on at night after dinner? I never go to the big production shows anyway, but is there any live entertainment? karaoke? Or is it 'lights out' at 10 pm?

hmmmm now what could that have been?

you are all contributing some good reasons! Thanks!

This was a lighthearted and innocuous exchange relating to events on two Seabourn cruises. I cannot see that the mutterings would have been offensive to anyone. It is certainly not clear what " rules" for posting would have been breached. By mentioning this of course I could be breaking the rules, albeit unwittingly - if so apologies. But I don't know who I should be apologising to.:confused:

Just trying to learn a bit about SB here. Anyone care to respond to my prior nightlife query (post #18)?

On our recent Spirit cruise it went like this: after dinner there is generally a show of sorts - either the cruise director or Asst CD will perform some type of musical number. One night was liar's club, a game show of sorts with everyone trying to guess which crew member was telling the truth (lots of fun!). They generally show movies in the lounge is the evenings. There was a husband and wife duet that performed singing and playing piano most nights. Sky bar is usually open until about 11 or 11:30 with people just hanging our having drinks. One night they did flambe under the stars with dessert and music.

It's a lot of fun. Of course if it is ice shows and cirque du soliel you are after you won;t find that on Seabourn.

That being said, my top three reasons to sail seabourn:

1. The crew - delightful and friendly, every last person I encountered

2. The food - YUM.

3. The passengers - friendly bunch.

4. Never waiting for anything (except the time it takes for the bartender to blend your pina colada)

sorry... could not keep it to three.

http://www.floridakeysgirl.com

FloridaKeysGirl - Thank you for your response. It does sound like a lot of fun. Personally, I could live without another ice show.

MarianH - Thank you for your suggestion. I will repost my query as a new thread.

The crew seems to come up on everyone's list! I love great service, I work for a company that kind of wrote the book on it so I really appreciate it when I received exceptional service. As long as it comes through as sincere and not overbearing that is.

We are looking at the Quest - 2011 transatlantic from Malaga to FLL, anyone else considering this itinerary?

I haven't been on Seabourn for a year and a half and it's horrible. Simply horrible not being able to sail more often.

My three reasons for choosing them (the first time I ever did):

1. Size of ship. I sailed on Holland America's Amsterdam to Alaska. Lovely ship, really. But at 1800 people, it was far too many for me. And I got tired of bumping into mom, dad, and their ten screaming children. You don't find that sort of "passenger mix" on Seabourn.

2. Cabins. Most cruise ships have cramped little cabins. I love the roominess of them, that huge picture window and the cute little window seat. The first time I ever heard of Seabourn, I saw a picture of their cabins in an ad in Conde Nast traveler. WOW I thought.

3. Elegance/Service. I was thinking about how "at home" I felt on Seabourn after I had sailed only once with them. I think it is their superlative service and the professional crew that make sure that's exactly how you feel when you sail with them. It was always my experience that the crew truly enjoyed their jobs and enjoyed making the passengers feel like they are dukes and duchesses!

Archived