Newbie - Does Princess honor price drops?

crzgrl66

I'm having a difficult time navigating the Princess website. Do they honor price drops and how do I find out the cost for 3rd or 4th in the cabin? Do I have to check 2 people and then 4 and do the math? I'm not against doing the math, but I thought I would check to see if there is an easier way. Thx

I'm having a difficult time navigating the Princess website. Do they honor price drops and how do I find out the cost for 3rd or 4th in the cabin? Do I have to check 2 people and then 4 and do the math? I'm not against doing the math, but I thought I would check to see if there is an easier way. Thx

Yes Princess honors price drops. To check the price of a 3rd passenger select 3 from the drop down box select number of people. Click on Reserve and when the next page loads it will list the total cost. Click on Pricing details (in blue) at the bottom of the large box with the total. That will give you the break down per passenger.

When you put in the number of people in the cabin (1,2 3 or 4) and what type/catagory cabin you want, you will see a total price calculated for that cruise. Under the price, there is a link to pricing details......when you click there, it shows what each passenger will pay, including the 3rd and 4th passenger.

Yes, as said before they do honor price drops. For the last few weeks they have been having intermintent problems on their website.

Once you have clicked details and availability, the next screen will let you choose how many people in your cabin. Go through the motions of booking (you don't have to finalize) and it will tell you the total cost. Underneath the cost there is a blue link that says pricing details, if you click on that, it will show you by person.

However, you will probably get a much better price if you book through a TA. We saved about $400 over princess on our last cruise by booking with a TA.

Someone at Princess Customer Service told me they would. I've never gotten to try it, though! Usually they go up in price!

Had I know that just a few short years ago, I would have called after final payment when the honeymoon cruise we bought for DD and DSIL went down after we paid for it.

Princess usually doesn't honor price drops after the final payment date. Our TA worked hard to get us an upgrade after a price drop after the final payment date. Most of the prices that come out after the final payment date are for "new bookings only." It was several years ago that she was able to do that.

Since then, I've wised up and booked most of our cruises after the final payment date. We may not have as many cabins to choose from, but we have gotten deals on prices.

As stated put in 4 people during the pricing.

It depends on the type of fare whether they will honor a price drop.

Will they honor price drops after the final payment has been made?

If you have made the final payment before the required final payment date, yes.

If it is after the required final payment date, it will usually only happen if it is a lower price posted on the Princess web site that is not restricted to new bookings only. It will not happen if it is a "flash" fare that is listed as restricted as only for new bookings. Some posters have reported that a travel agent was able to get Princess to lower their fare when there was a lower "flash" fare, but that has been very rare.

Archived