12 undies (no bras while cruising! :) )

2-3 t-shirts; 2 tanks tops

2-3 sundresses for the pool/shore excursions

tanning lotion

meds

toiletries (no make up while cruising!)

maybe 1-2 cargo-type pants/ maybe 1-2 casual tops

3-4 gallon size ziplock baggies

a fan (this is put in the large suitcase since it's a box fan)

Everything for the entire week. :)

ETA:

3 swimsuits

3 flip flops

3 sarongs

4-5 sundresses (for MDR)

tanning lotion

meds

You must have one huge carryon bag!!!

Seriously you cannot bring liquids like sunscreen and toiletries in a carryon if you are flying. In mine I bring a change of clothes, extra underwear, bathing suit and coverup, extra sandals, meds, camera, documents, makeup, book, toothbrush & paste.

An outfit for dinner in case you don't get your luggage. I actually didn't get my luggage for four days into a seven day cruise. I had my dinner outfit but my shoes were in the checked luggage. Complete outfit in carry on! Lesson learned. I also pack a swimsuit in the carryon.

Kim

Medications that you must have. Your passport (or identification and birth certificate). Any electronics or high value items that you want to see later (computer, camera, jewelry, etc.) Credit cards. Cash. One change of underwear and one change of clothing.

Ask yourself: If my bag doesn't make it, what is the impact to my health or cruise if I don't have this item with me? Will my health be adversely affected? Will I be able to board the ship if I don't have this with me? Can it be replaced on board? Could it be replaced at the first port and can I wait until then? Is the item highly pilferable? Are there items which I must have immediately when I get on the ship without waiting for my checked bag? Based on answers to these questions, make your decision. We probably will all come up with a different list.

I know all the paper work, wine, maybe bathing suits, sunscreen?

What do you pack in your carry on?

Thanks! :)

Are you asking what people carry onto the ship the day of the cruise (versus what they pack in their carry-on luggage if flying in)?

If so, the only things I carried onto the ship last time were:

paperwork (passports, cruise line/airline info and phone numbers, etc.)

cash/credit cards

medications

camera

cell phone

Mostly just things I couldn't replace if my luggage didn't shop up for some reason. Luggage may be delivered to your cabin late, but I think it's rare for it to be lost for the entire cruise. I figure I can buy clothes and a toothbrush. :D

We fly in (now a day early... lesson learned) so our carry-on for the plane differs from our carry-on for the ship.

The trip we flew in same day, our carry-ons included enough choices to cover us ... literally!... if our luggage never turned up.

This trip will be the same with the addition of the liquids.

- bathing suit

- formal outfit w/shoes

- casual outfits (two shirts, one bottom)

- docs for entire trip

- cameras

- girlie hair/makeup stuff

- undergarments

- medicine cabinet stuff

- travel journal

- spare contacts & solution

This would be enough to get me by until our first port in Nassau to buy a few extra clothes.

~ Sheryl

You must have one huge carryon bag!!!

Seriously you cannot bring liquids like sunscreen and toiletries in a carryon if you are flying. In mine I bring a change of clothes, extra underwear, bathing suit and coverup, extra sandals, meds, camera, documents, makeup, book, toothbrush & paste.

It's a Vera Bradley large duffel. If you roll up all of the items, there is a LOT of space, and all of these items fit in about 1/2 of the duffel.

We drive, so no worries about liquids. My purse doubles as my beach bag, so documents, camera, books, etc go there. :)

I'm just jealous that someone is packing for a cruise and I'm not!

Change of clothing for both of us

Change of undergarments for both of us

Passports

Cruise paperwork (Fun pass, confirmations for excursions, etc)

Medication

Suntan Lotion (me) and spray (husband)

Towel clips (to help us spot our chairs when we either get out of the pool or back from eating breakfast/lunch - purchased at Bed Bath & Beyond for $5.99/2 and they are so adorable!)

Beach books to read

Mini USB charger (plugs in the wall, three outlets for charging electronics)

Chargers for cell phones (used in airplane mode only while at sea), camera, camcorder

Jewelry

Toiletries

Makeup bag

Spare pair of glasses (for me) just in case something happens to my everday pair

Change of clothing for both of us

Change of undergarments for both of us

Passports

Cruise paperwork (Fun pass, confirmations for excursions, etc)

Medication

Suntan Lotion (me) and spray (husband)

Towel clips (to help us spot our chairs when we either get out of the pool or back from eating breakfast/lunch - purchased at Bed Bath & Beyond for $5.99/2 and they are so adorable!)

Beach books to read

Mini USB charger (plugs in the wall, three outlets for charging electronics)

Chargers for cell phones (used in airplane mode only while at sea), camera, camcorder

Jewelry

Toiletries

Makeup bag

Spare pair of glasses (for me) just in case something happens to my everday pair

I have to ask. What is a Towel Clip? Thanks!

I have to ask. What is a Towel Clip? Thanks!

My guess is it's a giant clothes pin to attach towel to chair, keep the wind from blowing the towel away.. To help me spot my chair when I get out of the pool, I put a banana on it. They're free on the ship and they are yellow.

ETA:

3 swimsuits

3 flip flops

3 sarongs

4-5 sundresses (for MDR)

tanning lotion

meds

OOhhhh, I didn't think about going make up free!! But that sounds like a fabulous idea!! However....have to have the bras! :D

OOhhhh, I didn't think about going make up free!! But that sounds like a fabulous idea!! However....have to have the bras! :D

LOL! :)

No make up for me...that's what a tan's for, right?! That would be like wearing panty hose! :eek::eek::eek:

I am not trying to hijack or turn this into a chair hog thread, but...

Don't spend too much on a towell clip.

It might not always make it to lost and found when someone

snatches your chair after 30 or 40 minutes.

Some people do watch for this and are more than happy to

take an unoccupied chair.

I will have anything that I cannot replace on the ship....prescribed medication, special toiletries, swimsuit, iTouch, cell, camera, undies, and one extra outfit (although that one would be replaceable, and would need to be supplemented if my luggage was lost). I plan on just putting that all in my backpack which serves as my airline carry on (and also includes my book, ear plugs, etc). I wear my sandals and have a sweater on in case the plane is cold. With clothing from the ship/ports, I could easily go w/o my suitcase. Elegant night would be interesting but hey last time we sailed, there were sparkly tank tops in one gift shop onboard and skirts in the other...I could make do.

I will also have a separate rolling bag for water and possibly wine, but that will be collapsed in my checked suitcase. Should that suitcase not arrive, oh well, we can buy both on board.

I know all the paper work, wine, maybe bathing suits, sunscreen?

What do you pack in your carry on?

Thanks! :)

All my clothes for the entire week! I can get my tees, shorts, polos, sox, underwear, bathing suit, hat, snorkel, flip flops, books, extra pair of pants into a carry on, no problem! Fits into a luggage rack on the plane and I can roll onto the ship myself.

I put my meds, travel documents, binoculars & camera into a shoulder bag.

My vacation attitude goes into my head!

All Electronics, camera, camcorder, C-PaP, Laptop, Alarm Clock, Extension cord, Batteries and power strip etc.

One change of clothing with shoes just incase my luggage goes MIA :eek:

Meds

Coleman BBQ Grille for the Balcony

Fireworks.

Fred

One carryon has my cpap. One has my medications, small toiletries, Kindle, misc. small electronics, change of underclothes and socks, bathing suit. Last one has camera and computer gear. This cruise, will also have a duffle with our snorkeling gear. Then we check a big bag with all the major clothing.

ETA:

3 swimsuits

3 flip flops

3 sarongs

4-5 sundresses (for MDR)

tanning lotion

meds

we are living in a couple of weeks and really thinking to just have carry-on as well :D But....why would you take a fan ?!

Archived