Time Zone change notification

iloverags2

The time zone changes during an Alaskan cruise, I believe. If so, does HAL notify cruisers of this? I'm guessing they would make an announcement and/or put something in the daily activities sheet.

TYIA!

On our cruise they did both. Plus, the wall clock in our cabin changed automatically at 2am on the designated day.

Enjoy Alaska!

Read the little card the steward leaves each night. Most times it says Captain and crew wish you good sleep. Other times it advises the ships clocks will be set forward or back during the night.

We've never had a wall clock in our cabin but we've always had a little card on our bed with the next day's schedule and with the chocolates, etc. at turndown.

It says to advance or turn back your clock...............after saying the Captain and Crew wish us a wonderful night's sleep, etc.

Plus, the wall clock in our cabin changed automatically at 2am on the designated day.

I'm curious as to which of the HAL ships have wall clocks in the cabin. I have been on only five of the ships and not seen them. It is only certain category of cabins?

I'm curious as to which of the HAL ships have wall clocks in the cabin. I have been on only five of the ships and not seen them. It is only certain category of cabins?

You may be right about the category. We were in an SC Dlx Suite on the Zuiderdam. Our first cruise so the only cabin we've ever had and so no other frame of reference.

I was notified on the Oosterdam (earlier this month Alaska) in the activities sheet and I think they announced it at activities and shows too.

One oddity is my AT&T cell phone which is set to auto set time was constantly bouncing timezones while we were at sea. If you are using your phone as an alarm clock you might want to set it to manual time setting.

We were in a SC on the Oosterdam and there was a clock on the wall in there. We have been in Verandas and insides on our other cruises on the Zuiderdam, Westerdam and Zaandam and none of those cabins had clocks... perhaps it is just the type of cabin?

Archived