Best time to cruise Caribbean??

Hi there,

We are looking into a caribbean cruise for our honeymoon.:D (we have not set a date yet but prob June or August 2012) Can anyone suggest when its best to go to caribbean. I know nothing about when hurricane seasons are etc, etc.

We are looking to cruise on the Oasis of the Seas so any comments on this ship would be great, we would like it to be special obviously as its a special occasion but have cruised Royal Caribbean (Voyager of the Seas) before so maybe time to try something different??

Any comments appreciated!! :D

I would probably go for June over August just because it might not be as crowded in June and it will be a little less humid. Hurricanes are a fact of life. Probably more likely to occur in August but if I was going in August that would not stop me from going.

Keith

I live in FL and would NOT recommend taking a Caribbean cruise in August. Of course, as the prior post says, hurricanes are a matter of fact in the summer in the Caribbean. They do occur much more frequently in August and September though.

If you want to go on your honeymoon right after your wedding, I'd recommend going in June rather than August as others have said.

Another idea would be to get married when you want, and then wait until the Spring time to go so it's not as hot and humid (and obviously no hurricanes). Spring time is when we always go because it's in the upper 70's - mid-80's...*sometimes* 90's.

Also if you do this, you have more time to save for spending/excursions, but it sounds like you're giving yourself enough time as it is planning for a Fall 2012 wedding/honeymoon.

Archived