New cruise line

Hobar

Compagnie Du Ponant: My cruise agent just told us about this new cruise line. Seems to be on par with Seabourn and Silversea. Anyone know anything about it? Not sure if it's all inclusive like SB and SS, but they are small ships, and not sure if they will be dominated by French passengers.

Thanks for bringing this line to our attention Hobar and thank you Jennifer

for posting the link to Tillylovesseabourn's candid CC review of a very frustrating cruise

experience on Du Ponant.

Hi, I am pleased to see people have seen my candid, and at times restrained review of Ponant, I cannot stress to anyone considering this line that if they have travelled SS or SB and are used to that service and quality that in my humble opinion they will be disappointed, not only on a value for money basis, but on a service/food/quality basis.

Beautiful ship, but it feels empty with this line managing and running it, very little warmth and friendliness, no willingness to help or maintain the happiness/repeat business of the customer.

They are used to running good, but not fantastic quality 4* ships and this showed. They should have sought more skills and training before entering this market, considering what they charged for a week for a tiny (suite) cabin.

Compagnie Du Ponant: My cruise agent just told us about this new cruise line. Seems to be on par with Seabourn and Silversea. Anyone know anything about it? Not sure if it's all inclusive like SB and SS, but they are small ships, and not sure if they will be dominated by French passengers.

Wine/tea/coffee only with meals, tipping not included, no other drinks included, same wine every day and every night!! Not even the good stuff, only at the one cocktail party, Mumm champagne served once. French dominated, they want to keep it for themselves, they are welcome to it. :D

Very interesting Tilly. After reading your post I wondered why Tauck uses this boat for some of their European small ship cruises. They are all inclusive on their river cruises so I wonder how people who like Tauck(me included)adjust.

Very interesting Tilly. After reading your post I wondered why Tauck uses this boat for some of their European small ship cruises. They are all inclusive on their river cruises so I wonder how people who like Tauck(me included)adjust.

Hi,It may be different and all inclusive if Tauck are taking the whole ship??, its just like for like independantly you do not get all of your drinks included.

English tour operators Abercrombie &Kent are taking LeBoreal for the antarctic, they may be similarly all inclusive and if company reps from Tauck/A&k are on board the Ponant staff might be better behaved??

Archived