Is there a Free Shuttle in Sorrento?

caroak

Having been to Sorrento I know if there is not a free shuttle available it will be a long walk up a steep hill:mad: or a taxi fare up to the town and then again back down although not as bad of a walk down. I'm not sure if there is local bus service from the port which we would be our last preference.

Interesting that they offered shuttle service in '09 but not in '10. Maybe O is cutting corners. We were in Sorrento on a Crystal cruise in '09 and had free shuttle service. We wanted a taxi to Positano but the drivers were a real rip-off. After some strong negotiations we did find one that was acceptable.

in Sorrento after you tender you walk off the dock to the right there is a parking lot and there

are free shuttles going up the hill to the main street ( and back). They are not exclusive to Oceania..they have been there everytime I've been to Sorrento ( many)..

I have been there many times and have never seen any FREE shuttles. As Jancruz says the small Public Bus runs from the dockside and for 1 Euro you get up that very steep hill to the Town Centre os Station.

Tickets are purchased at the Tobacco Shop a few yards away.

Brian

We were there in May of this year. There was a free shuttle--it is provided by the local chamber of commerce, not Oceania. It only runs until around 4 pm, so if you return later than that you must walk down (not too bad) or take a bus or taxi. The local taxi mafia is very entrenched and overcharge outragously.

So what I gather is that we we can expect shuttle buses at the dock but not ones provided by Oceania. A 1 euro town shuttle to get up that hill sounds like a terrific deal to me!

Believe it or not, the hotel just off the square has an elevator that takes you down to the port (just for the guests)..but if you talk fast and nice you may be able to use it..remember Claudia??

LOL

Jancruz1

Believe it or not, the hotel just off the square has an elevator that takes you down to the port (just for the guests)..but if you talk fast and nice you may be able to use it..remember Claudia??

LOL

Jancruz1

Funny was just remembering that.. it is the hotel right at the left corner where the hill goes up across from the dock.. no need to grovel.. act like you own the place Brian... never fails.. ;-)

We used the free shuttle both in May this year (Regatta) and in June last year (Nautica), provided not by Oceania but by Sorrento. It stops running at 4:30 PM, but walking down slowly is not so far or so bad.

We used the free shuttle both in May this year (Regatta) and in June last year (Nautica), provided not by Oceania but by Sorrento. It stops running at 4:30 PM, but walking down slowly is not so far or so bad.

CintiPam,

It's not been 2 weeks yet - you are having a relaps :D

Better see the doctor in the morning :)

Archived