Dam Ships?

sunflower877

I must be slow, but I just don't get it. What does Dam Ships mean and why does everyone want a t-shirt saying it? Also, what does PAX stand for??

Thanks! :o

All the HAL Ships names end in DAM, Dam Ships is a play on Damn Ships

PAX is short for Passengers

I am going on HAL for the first time in a few days. I am looking forward to purchasing a DAMM Shirt. Do they still make them> I have only seen the ones that say "all of those damm ships" What do they read about the PAX????

Many Thanks

melissa

I just brought home a blue apron that says, "Dam Good Cook"...

My husband just bought his second baseball cap, "Dam Ships". A lady in Juneau told him she couldn't figure out why anyone would go on a ship that people keep swearing about...

Cheryl

Got my Dam t-shirt on our cruise. Bummed I forgot to get a Dam mug.

When we were leaving breakfast on our last morning several of the crew were seated and one of them said "hope to see you back on this dam ship someday!"

Our very first cruise on HAL was to Alaska and we splurged and went in a deluxe verandah suite on the Ryndam. We were allowed to use their large umbrellas that were in our closet. It was huge and said "dam rain" so I bought it and still have it. I don't know if they still offer the large umbrellas like that anymore but I love mine.:)

Our very first cruise on HAL was to Alaska and we splurged and went in a deluxe verandah suite on the Ryndam. We were allowed to use their large umbrellas that were in our closet. It was huge and said "dam rain" so I bought it and still have it. I don't know if they still offer the large umbrellas like that anymore but I love mine.:)

that sure works for our rainy weather eh?

ah the "price" of living in lovely vancouver. i'll take it! beats snow for months on end don't you think? :D

... their large umbrellas that were in our closet. It was huge and said "dam rain" ...
Whenever I go into a neighborhood convenience store (about once a month) wearing my Dam Ships cap the same clerk asks me what it means ... EVERY time! :eek:

2192622340099632937S425x425Q85.jpg

that sure works for our rainy weather eh?

ah the "price" of living in lovely vancouver. i'll take it! beats snow for months on end don't you think? :D

Ha ha!!! Yes, I figured I would certainly get lots of use out of the "dam" umbrella living in Vancouver!!!

We have a number of different "dam ships" stuff from t-shirts to coffee mugs. I have a Dam Ships polo and once got berated by some lady in a store about wearing "swear words" in public. :eek::D On the other hand, I've been stopped a few times by folks recognizing the phrase and saying things like "We like HAL too!"

I like the new one I got last cruise. Front has small words Dam Ships back has check list that says Dam Good Crew, Dam Good Shows, Dam Good Food, Dam Good Cruise. We each got one. Navy shirt with white lettering.

Welcome to Cruise Critic Sunflower :D

Archived