I KNOW I am WAY overpacked!!

ava_girl_123

I can't help myself... Sugar Pie Honey Bunch- ;)

I have about 10 nice tops.. 10 casual tops... 6 pairs shorts... 3 capris...5 pairs heels/sandals ...1 pair flip flops..2 dresses formal night, 2 sundresses.. 3 bathing suits.. 2 bathing suit cover ups (Or what I like to call- My A** don't look as good as it use to so I am gonna cover it up) Lol :D

I HAVE TO TAKE IT ALL.. I can not cut it down.. :p:p It all fits so nice into my suitcase.. We do not have to fly, so... Oh well..I will take it all..:p

Like everyone else, I always over pack.

For my Aug cruise, (and I'm serious this time !!!) I'm only packing a couple of capris, 5 or 6 shirts, a few dresses, and a couple of bathing suites. That's it. I mean it this time!!!

And some undergarmets, of course. :eek:

I have a fantastic picture of the luggage for myself and my friend on our first cruise. I'm not exaggerating when I say there were 6 suitcases. I had one with shoes only and we did the self debarkation! I doubt we wore a fourth of what we took but makes for a good laugh now

I ALWAYS over pack. I am one of those people that say "well I need a choice of what to wear"! So I have to take BIG RED (a huge suitcase) but at least it is on wheels and once it's packed my husband can bearly lift it in to our van :p We drive so unless the hubby starts charging me a luggage fee I will contiune to be an over packer :rolleyes: and proud of it :cool:

You are all set if all it fits in the suitcase. your good to go.Its not what you pack and how much you bring its how you pack, there is an art on fitting everything into a suitcase. If you can fit it all in hte luggage then bring it.

I never overpack. I'm a less is more type.Then again I used to teach packing seminars on how to pack. When I taught packing seminars these were my 4 golden rules of packing.

#1 you are packing for vacation not the apocalypse .

#2 If you can't lift your suitcase/luggage fully packed what makes you think someone can.(this is for those of us who fly and are worried about overweight limits)also goes for wheeled carry-ons- don't want a head trauma on my way to the cruise.

#3 mix, match multi-purpose and accessorize

#4 You'd be amazed on what you can bring if you pack it right.

You'd be shocked I wear the same evening shoes/evening purse all week on the cruise. Like anyone would notice. I make sure they go with all my outfits.

PACK A SWEATER!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know it's like a thousand degrees here in Maryland but the ship's public areas are cold. Brrrrrrrrr. Especially true in the theatre. Do you know that it is practically impossible to buy a sweatshirt in the Caribbean in the summer? Maybe in the winter too, but I was wearing a towel in the theater.

I use to overpack but no more. We use to take all the dress up stuff and way too many clothes. We spend the majority of the time on the balcony so now we don't take more than will fit in one small roller carryon suitcase for each of us. Also helps alot when you self disembark!!!

You are so funny. I hope you have the best time ever.

Guess what, Im going to try a JS on Liberty of the Seas, an almost suite with a gf. I dont usually book these kind of cabins, so Im looking forward to it.

So, you still have that extended 8N?? I bet you will love it. We have a aft cabin too. Just booked in the last 24 hours for this Oct.

You are so funny. I hope you have the best time ever.

Guess what, Im going to try a JS on Liberty of the Seas, an almost suite with a gf. I dont usually book these kind of cabins, so Im looking forward to it.

So, you still have that extended 8N?? I bet you will love it. We have a aft cabin too. Just booked in the last 24 hours for this Oct.

I do, I do..Didn't give it up yet.. Lol.. I am like a hawk now watching our prices too.. Though I doubt we will see anymore drops with only 22 DAYS TO GO!!

Awesome on the JS! But what is a GF? An almost suite with a GirlFriend? (cocking eyebrows up & down when saying Girlfriend) Lol..;)

I can't help myself... Sugar Pie Honey Bunch- ;)

I have about 10 nice tops.. 10 casual tops... 6 pairs shorts... 3 capris...5 pairs heels/sandals ...1 pair flip flops..2 dresses formal night, 2 sundresses.. 3 bathing suits.. 2 bathing suit cover ups (Or what I like to call- My A** don't look as good as it use to so I am gonna cover it up) Lol :D

I HAVE TO TAKE IT ALL.. I can not cut it down.. :p:p It all fits so nice into my suitcase.. We do not have to fly, so... Oh well..I will take it all..:p

Or you on a three week or a month long cruise?

If you are not flying.....I say take it all.....if you are like me....how I feel that day is what I decide to wear........so lots of options!

Have a great cruise!

Yep.. I need options..

Or you on a three week or a month long cruise?

In my brain? A month.. Reality, 1 week.. ;)

I use to drag lots of clothes with me. then started realizing i was only using half of it. Now that we are platunum, I send out our clothes every other day so no need to overpack anymore. I was the same way on my first cruise-after you've cruised a while, you will start cutting down on what you bring. As every cruise director says,"bring half the clothes, and twice as much money!

Pat

I do, I do..Didn't give it up yet.. Lol.. I am like a hawk now watching our prices too.. Though I doubt we will see anymore drops with only 22 DAYS TO GO!!

Awesome on the JS! But what is a GF? An almost suite with a GirlFriend? (cocking eyebrows up & down when saying Girlfriend) Lol..;)

No cocking of eyebrows. Just a lady Iv never met from another cruise message board that we stayed in touch and both wanted to do it. She is married, I assume happily. We both just wanted to do the cruise mostly so we said lets try it. Im kind of excited. I always book the cheap stuff, so this will be fun to try for us big time. Im like a little kid. Ill have to try and behave.

I use to drag lots of clothes with me. then started realizing i was only using half of it. Now that we are platunum, I send out our clothes every other day so no need to overpack anymore. I was the same way on my first cruise-after you've cruised a while, you will start cutting down on what you bring. As every cruise director says,"bring half the clothes, and twice as much money!

Pat

LOL the first cruise me and my hubby had THREE lagguage for just the two of us! and we used just a quarter of the clothing. The next coming up in nine days :) we have just a carry on each. Just thinking about that we do not have to deal with checking in baggage and wait for the lagguage in the cabin I feel....lighter!!! beside the fact that loosing at least one of your lagguage for airlines is becoming like a competition ." who is going to loose baggage the most". And there is another factor, the overcharged fee for the baggage that you check in. :eek:

Archived