Caribbean in March

M311

I am looking at booking a Western Caribbean cruise for March 2011. I have heard a few people I know say that it might be cold during that time--too cold to enjoy laying out on the beach or anything. Can someone report whether this is true or not? Thanks in advance!

The Caribbean is never cold. The water in March will not be as warm as in July, etc. but you will be quite comfortable and be able to get a healthy sunburn. It is possible the first day out of port will not be really warm, but it will improve. EM

Someone is pulling your leg! It will be quite pleasant and nice! Yes...the water may be chillier than you like, but it is swimable...and you may not feel the need to get wet...you can probably sun without getting too hot and sweaty!

We've sailed the Southern Caribbean during March and the weather was in the mid- 70's. It's only cold to the people who live there. A lady from St. Kitts I spoke said she needs to wear a jacket sometimes because the 75 degree weather was a bit chilly.

Have a great cruise.

Jonathan

Have in March 2010 and came back with a sunburn. Have also been during the summer and fall. In July-August, the water is warm as your bath. In March, not quite as warm as your bath but still great. There is a greater risk of the weather being hot than too cool. Have never found it too cool to go to the beach and/or to snorkel and I am cold natured!

Have a wonderful time in March!

Archived