Opinions on Freedom of the Seas

Hello PattyG12. No specific questions yet. I have checked alot of the info about the ship at RCI's website and watched some Youtube video's. I was mainly looking for general opinions about the ship or peoples experiences. Thanks.

Loved the FOS. We (me and wife) were on her this past January with my son who turn 21 and three of his friends. Service was good to great, shows were good, love everything about it. Would be happy to answr any questions.

Hello PattyG12. No specific questions yet. I have checked alot of the info about the ship at RCI's website and watched some Youtube video's. I was mainly looking for general opinions about the ship or peoples experiences. Thanks.

I am new to cruising as well. We just returned from our first one on FOS and I have no complaints. It was a great experience and loved every minute of it. Most all of the information I learned prior to sailing was from Cruise Critics. I found it very helpful in questions that I had.

We have sailed each ship in the Freedom class, and I have to say that all three are among our favorite ships!

There is SO much to do on a ship that size, and all three times we have been pleasantly surprised by the level of personal service we have had....we tend to not expect much on a ship that size, but all three times the room steward called us by name immediately, our wait staff in the MDR did the same...

I was even shocked that the bartender in the cigar bar called me by name 3 days after I had been in the bar when he ran into me on another part of the ship!

We have sailed on the Freedom 5 straight cruises now and the 6th one on the Freedom is coming up on May 8th 2011. We love the Ship and everything about, the shows, food, service, everything! We have gotten to know so many crew members too over the last few years. if yo have any questions let me know. The Freedom is going into Dry Dock on March 20th-27th 2011 to add some great features, a new Broadway show, Huge video screen pool side for movies, cupcake cupboard, a digital video wayfinder on board thru out the ship to show you where you are, how to get where you want to go and to display current activities going on.

Love Freedom! I went on it when I was 19...decided to take a trip before starting my career at a new job..and just had the BEST time! I loved it so much I chose her sister ship, Liberty of the Seas, for my next cruise which will be my boyfriend's first! I wanted him to be as WOWED as I was during my time on board!

We loved the Freedom. We did a back-to-back last year and we are doing it again later this year. Excellent facilities and great staff with lots to do if you want to and great places to relax if you don't want to do much.

We loved Liberty and are doing Freedom this weekend for the first time. Have actually heard that Freedom is better than Liberty - don't know how since they are the same ship, but we are very excited to be sailing on Freedom this weekend. i am sure the service will be fabulous as always. Cannot wait for a week of relaxation!

The Freedom is going into Dry Dock on March 20th-27th 2011 to add some great features, a new Broadway show, Huge video screen pool side for movies, cupcake cupboard, a digital video wayfinder on board thru out the ship to show you where you are, how to get where you want to go and to display current activities going on.

We're sailing on her the week RIGHT BEFORE the dry dock! At first I thought rats we are going to miss the upgrades, but then thought you can't miss what you don't even know! So we'll sail on her on March 13 and then we can sail on her again next year if we want and take advantage of the new stuff too and it will be "everything old is new again"! :D

Sailed on Freedom twice and going back on her Nov. 28th. If you can't have a great time on Freedom then there is no other ship out there that you can have a great time on, IMO. Although I wish they would put C.D. Richard Spacey back on Freedom.

Hello there! I am new to Cruise Critic and would like some feedback on Freedom of the Seas.

LOVED IT. Freedom was our very first cruise and our first vacation in 10 years so we renewed our 10 year wedding vows on the ship. OMG, it was AMAZING :) I HIGHLY recommend the Freedom :D

Hi!

Freedom is a great ship with excellent reviews & many happy customers returning to sail again. I went on it last Nov. to the Western ports & liked it so much I'm going back this Nov. on the Eastern ports.

There's so much to see & do on it!:D

You're sure to have a great time!

~Jo~ :)

Wow! Thanks for all the replies. I do believe my cruise on Freedom of the Seas is going to be great. Everyones responses only confirm the feelings I have had about this ship. I took my first cruise on Grandeur of the Seas last December and was instantly hooked on cruising and also to RCI! As I can see there are many of you who are experienced cruiser and I can only aspire to reach your levels of experience in cruising. Thanks again!

We loved Liberty and are doing Freedom this weekend for the first time. Have actually heard that Freedom is better than Liberty - don't know how since they are the same ship, but we are very excited to be sailing on Freedom this weekend. i am sure the service will be fabulous as always. Cannot wait for a week of relaxation!

Wow, how exciting! You are just about there! Have a great cruise. The Freedom is awesome....I Love that ship. I hope to go back on her again next year. Have fun!

We have sailed on the Freedom 5 straight cruises now and the 6th one on the Freedom is coming up on May 8th 2011. We love the Ship and everything about, the shows, food, service, everything! We have gotten to know so many crew members too over the last few years. if yo have any questions let me know. The Freedom is going into Dry Dock on March 20th-27th 2011 to add some great features, a new Broadway show, Huge video screen pool side for movies, cupcake cupboard, a digital video wayfinder on board thru out the ship to show you where you are, how to get where you want to go and to display current activities going on.

Hi! Have you joined our roll call yet? If not, come aboard- the more the merrier! :)

Freedom Of the Seas 5-8-2011 Eastern M 4 - Cruise Critic Message Boards

Freedom remains my favorite cruise so far. At time in early 2008, Liberty, the second of the Freedom class has just come out, but I really felt like the best of the best crew was on Freedom. That was before Oasis came out. But we loved the ship, especially the Solarium area.

Had a great time on Freedom of the Seas, however, I don't know that I'd sail that class again. Other than the FlowRider and a beefed up waterpark area for the little ones, it's pretty much just like the Voyager Class...only with 2,000 more passengers.

I was often frustrated at big public events, such as the FoodFest in the Promenade and the 70's Party, because it was just too crowded to move. The elevators took forever because (a) it's the SAME number of elevators as they have on Voyager but they are transporting 2,000 more people and (b) Freedom class attracts a LOT of families with kids and many of them thought the elevators were amusement rides.

Please keep in mind that this is only MY little opinion. I have found through experience that I prefer smaller ships with fewer little kids and more smaller, less crowded activities. The Quest show on the Radiance Class is SO FAR superior to the same game at Studio B. It's primarily a spectator event on the larger ships. There is much more audience participation and mingling on the smaller ships. You get to KNOW other people and the smaller teams lead to a greater competitive spirit.

Lots of people LOVE the mega ships. If they didn't there would be no Oasis and Allure. I'm just not one of those people.

The Quest show on the Radiance Class is SO FAR superior to the same game at Studio B. It's primarily a spectator event on the larger ships. There is much more audience participation and mingling on the smaller ships.

I totally agree with you about this one. When we sailed the Mariner last March the Quest game was in the ice rink and it just wasn't as much fun as it usually is on the smaller ships. There was hardly any real audience participation. My husband and one of our friends "represented" our group in the rink area and wound up having to do most of the work rather than others spontaneously joining in as they usually do. We've already said that on the Freedom next March we'll probably take a pass for the Quest game because of this. Not a biggie since we've seen this game a few times anyway but we might have been a little more inclined if it was held somewhere that could be more interactive.

Archived