Wine by the Glass?

jcscv

I tired looking for information, but the search responses on wine was a little overwhelming ;).

Can you buy wine by the glass at dinner, or only by the bottle? I have anytime dining, so will have different waiters, etc. and not sure how they store the rest of the bottle. Trying to finish a bottle at dinner might be a bit much :eek: :D

Thanks for the help!

I tired looking for information, but the search responses on wine was a little overwhelming ;).

Can you buy wine by the glass at dinner, or only by the bottle? I have anytime dining, so will have different waiters, etc. and not sure how they store the rest of the bottle. Trying to finish a bottle at dinner might be a bit much :eek: :D

Thanks for the help!

Even in anytime dining, they will store the bottle for you to be served the next evening (or later on another evening), but yes, they do serve wine by the glass. :)

Buy it by the bottle.. as Toto says, they will store it for you until you call for it again.

In fact, we have ordered champagne by the bottle in various lounges/bars on board, had not finished it and they stored it by our cabin number. Then, at dinner at any of the resturants, we have asked for the bottle of stored champagne and they have gone and retrieved it... no matter where we had it originally.

Service at its finest....

They will even store a part used bottle of sparkling water (they put a wine cork in it).

You may also want to consider bringing your one allowed per person bottle of wine onboard with you to have in your cabin - this way the wine list is up to you (if you bring it to a dining room you will have a corkage fee).

You may also want to consider bringing your one allowed per person bottle of wine onboard with you to have in your cabin -

Good point, Cabunit...

when we sail out of FLL, there are several good wine stores on 17th St. We usually get 3-4 bottles of champagne to carry on board, order extra orange juice for in-room breakfast, then enjoy mimosa's when we want to...cabin steward has always gotten us nice champagne glasses...

we have never had a problem of bringing champagne/wine on board in any quantity..even have done so at ports along the way.... liquor may be a different problem, however...

We were pleasantly surprised by both the price and selection of wines by the glass. Not just "generic house white/red"- some good vineyards are available (I first developed a taste for Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc on Coral Process) and about $7 will get you a decent glass of wine. And even their house selections are pretty decent. Even the more upscale wines were cheaper than I can buy them by the glass in most Boston-area bars. My DH often buys a glass of Chardonnay and then splits a bottle of red with me. Strangely enough, we seldom have enough left to store for another day... but on the odd occasion, we've had them tag it and no matter where we ate after that, they'd run and get it surprisingly fast. And yeah, we usually bring on about 6 bottles as well. 15 corkage fee from what I recall, and sometimes they waive it, although that seems less likely recently (times are tough all over.)

Cheers,

Kirsten

Yes, you can buy wine by the glass. You can also buy a bottle and they will store the unused for the next night. There is no problem finding it even with different wait staff

Funny thing, there never seems to be any unused wine to store for the next night at our table. :rolleyes:

Theoretically, we were told there were 5 glasses in one bottle and the charge per glass was 25% of the bottle price (assuming that particular wine was available by glass). So buying by the bottle gave an extra glass. As a drinker of both house wine and high end wine, I feel it is worth the little extra $$ and order by the glass if one is planning to order only one or 2 glasses because the next day one can choose a different wine and also the opened bottle of wine will not have been sitting around.

How generous (or not) are the by the glass wine pours?

They will even store a part used bottle of sparkling water (they put a wine cork in it).

You may also want to consider bringing your one allowed per person bottle of wine onboard with you to have in your cabin - this way the wine list is up to you (if you bring it to a dining room you will have a corkage fee).

There are no limits on the amount of wine or champagne you can bring onboard Princess vessels. Regardless of what the Cruise Answer Book says, the regulations as to what is allowed are contained in Section 5 of your Passage Contract. In said contract there are no set limitations as to the amount you may bring onboard.

Ciao for now!!!

I usually buy a bottle of red and white on different nights. I was amazed that they could find my Pinot Grigio when I was at Sabatini's on the Ruby.

I didn't know I could get it sent to my cabin after dinner :) I think buying a bottle is a better deal!

Archived