"stealing " with the beverage package

CLEMM

We bought a package for 14 small bottles of water. As we usually had lunch on land we bought just one package . At dinner my husband would give his sea pass to the waiter and ask for two bottles. The waiter would automatically put one bottle in front of DH and one in front of me.

It never passed through our minds that we were doing anything irregular. And DH is the type of person who wouldn't dream of breaking any rules.

There is a differance you bought a package of 14 bottles. This was a fixed amount so it doesn't matter how many drink the package. By the way those packages with fixed numbers are not limited to the number of people who drink (probably Costa or MSC). =X= packages however are limitless in volume consumed but limited to ONE person. Therefore you did nothing wrong with the package you discribed.

Gosh.........talk about flogging a dead horse !!!...

No one is going to win so put it to rest !:D

I will respectfully disagree with you...why does every thread/conversation have to be won or lost?

Can't people have intelligent open conversations and agree to disagree? Why most people always feel the NEED to 'win the discussion'?

I'm afraid that too many people approach this topic and others in life with an attitude of 'they [other person] don't agree with me so they're wrong and walk away'. Now a very good method of understanding people is it?

Sometimes you get to a point where you're spinning your wheels then it's time to walk away - the good thing about a message board is this - you don't have to read anyone's post :D

Oh' date=' I forgot he bought both with his charge card.

;) [/quote']

Awwww... now you're changing what you originally posted :rolleyes:

So even if he bought both packages and we switched' date=' you consider that fraud?

Interesting!!!!![/quote']

That's twisting my response! You changed your original question. :p

BTW my initial response to your initial question was, 'technically since you switched cards = fraud'. According to the letter of the law that was how I answered.

In practicality everyday life I wouldn't have a problem with anyone who did what you originally suggested: two drink packages (premium and classic) purchasing two drinks (classic/beer and premium/martini). I wouldn't have any problems at all. :cool:

Oh' date=' I forgot he bought both with his charge card.

;)

So even if he bought both packages and we switched, you consider that fraud?

Interesting!!!!![/quote']

Wow, you are certainly making some assumptions! I made no comment to your scenario. I wasn't even speaking to what I thought of trading packages and have yet to get into that fray.

Isn't rationalazation great! By "sharing" the bev package you are actually helping Celebrity make money. Come on, theft is theft, period.

You can spin it anyway you want, but, the bottom line is the bev package is a contract between one person and Celebrity. The contract clear states no sharing. Want more does an honest person need?

Clemm, you should definately report all and any violators of the beverage package poloicy. You should print copies of the policy and keep several of them with you to pass out to people who even look like they might try to scam the cruise line. Also, make sure that you know where the nearest phone is at the bar, so you can call security and notify them when a fellow cruiser violates the beverage package policy. I am sure the world will be a much safer place when you take the steps nessecary to police these serious offences onboard. If for some reason cruise ship security does not lock these violators in the brig, please email me right away with a complete description of the offender(s). I used to be a mall cop, so I know a thing or two about people stealing. I will be happy to call my cousin Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane and see if he can bring additional officers to assist in the arrests.

Darn, you must be so fun to cruise with. By the way, I wear my Armani Tuxedo to all formal dinners onboard.

If I see them I will report them. I wouldn't want to cruise with you either. I prefer honest people.

CLEMM, if there's a prize for initiating the most interesting/controversial/whacky thread, you win! Did you have any idea what this Frankenstein monster was going to turn into?

I'd love to continue to play, but I'm exhausted. I think I've said all I can on the subject. Have fun, guys and gals!

CLEMM, if there's a prize for initiating the most interesting/controversial/whacky thread, you win! Did you have any idea what this Frankenstein monster was going to turn into?

I'd love to continue to play, but I'm exhausted. I think I've said all I can on the subject. Have fun, guys and gals!

Frankly the thread just saddens me. I was amazed before( see post 1), now I am just sad. It is a disappointing to think there are people who will still defend actions that they know are wrong. I think I am done with this thread, unless of course I am provoked by more name calling. I guess I should consider the source.

Frankly the thread just saddens me. I was amazed before( see post 1), now I am just sad. It is a disappointing to think there are people who will still defend actions that they know are wrong. I think I am done with this thread, unless of course I am provoked by more name calling. I guess I should consider the source.

I agree, and I think that is why it has gone eerily quiet. The end for me too!

I guess the same can be said for you...thanks for sharing..... your opinions.

Some of us know that stealing is wrong, no matter what. And I guess others have no problem with stealing, guess it is all about how you were raised. You know..right from wrong.

Do you consider breaking the law as wrong, no matter what?

Do you ever speed when driving your car? Even 1 mph over the limit?

If so, I guess you were raised to believe it's ok to pick and choose which laws to break.

We have on a number of occasions had a similiar thread for years on these boards, ever since soda packages came out on the cruise lines...Its really the same thing except it could get even more heated since in most cases children were involved...

If so, I guess you were raised to believe it's ok to pick and choose which laws to break.

This is the wrong way to look at it. Using someone else's card that you didn't pay for is stealing, no matter what comparisons you make.

Bob

Fran,

The question you asked above is really a very important question. In the case of this thread and this topic, Alcohol packages I think it's pretty easy to answer; sharing is wrong.

When it comes to speeding when driving a car - pretty clear cut as well; if you intentionally drive over the speed limit its wrong. The consequences to that are speeding tickets &/or points to your driving record with concurrent increases in insurance rates.

The problem for many people, myself included, is that I 'grade' wrongs based on a sliding scale. For example it's wrong to speed and it's wrong to commit murder. I know that. But if I'm late to work and I speed to get to the office on time I'm not really that broken up about it. On the other hand when I encounter someone who does something really terrible (for example they kidnap my wife or a drunk driver kills my friend) while I may feel liking killing them I wouldn't.

What I find interesting when dealing with 'major' things, like murder, the law allows for the person's intention to play a role in their sentencing. For example at a murder trial if the person 'acidentially' killed someone they may only get manslaughter whereas if their original intention was to commit murder the charges escalate to murder with varying degrees. In the end someone is dead so does the murder's intention really matter?

Before I get flamed I'm not in any way comparing a capital offense to sharing a drink from a drink package. It was just an analogy that was used to ask Fran.

To this question I answer absolutely. Look at Rosa Parks who choose to break the law on that bus in Montgomery Alamaba. The Jim Crow laws were wrong. Rosa choose to break the law - she paid the consequences for her actions. So in certain circumstances when the government makes laws that are contrary to acceptable morals and codes it is permissible to break those laws. Sharing drinks to save money doesn't rise to the occasion.

I J-Walk quite frequently. I often drive faster than the posted speed. And I did take a very big sip of DW's drink that she got on her card.

I realize that I am a terrible, immoral person but I am trying to do better....really.

I J-Walk quite frequently. I often drive faster than the posted speed. And I did take a very big sip of DW's drink that she got on her card.

I realize that I am a terrible, immoral person but I am trying to do better....really.

I just hope that you aren't driving over the speed limit WHILE you are taking that very big sip of your wife's drink ......because that opens up a whole new can of worms

As long as you don't hog a deck chair and wear a tux/formal gown on formal night all is forgiven :p

A taste of your companions drink ( paid with all you can drink package ), maybe even 1/2 a cup at the pool is okay in my book

A concious decision or calculation and play on the management to leverage your companions drink card is being a thief and cheat, no ifs or buts. Any excuses about they are still making money, it hurts no one, I am not taking as much as some other 300lb 10 soda a day person doesn't matter. This kind of logic/thinking is why we have earmarks, and all sorts of ethics issues in goverment and with many people in power. This is the exact kind of behavior and thinking I hope never gets exposed to my children before they are old enough to be responsible to choose the right and wrong, and probably the only good that comes out of religion, oh no another 18 pages of responses :eek::D

How can it be stealing if the package is paid for??

We were thinking of getting one but don't know if DH would drink enough in one day to justify the price. I am unable to drink hardly any alcohol and no carbonated beverages. How would it be so wrong for him to get me one drink every 3rd or 4th day?

Archived