What is your favorite snack to bring on a cruise?

We usually take a variety of snack bar type snacks. They're good to have on the plane and they can be easily carried off the ship to snack on in port. We try to avoid eating in port, since eating on the ship is included in our cruise fare.

My first thought was, "why would you need to bring snacks onto a cruise." Then I remembered that on my most recent cruise, I brought a bag of Dove Dark Chocolate Promises. Since they don't do the pillow-chocolates any more, I did my own. It worked out well, since the Dove chocolates tasted better than what RCI used to use, anyway. :o

I haven't really brought snacks for the cabin in the past (just called room service:D) I have brought packaged crackers/peanuts, etc. to take onshore if going on a longer excursion.

With no more pillow chocolates I am planning to bring a package of chocolates (maybe Andes Mints) for my daughter. She was disappointed that there wouldn't be chocolates when we return to the cabin after dinner.

We usually take a variety of snack bar type snacks. They're good to have on the plane and they can be easily carried off the ship to snack on in port. We try to avoid eating in port, since eating on the ship is included in our cruise fare.

I like those, & snack size packets of M&M candies (chocolate is so expensive!) I put a few in my fanny pack if I need food to take with meds & can't get to Windjammer or equivalent.

I always bring a bag of chocolates of some kind, usually Hersheys or Dove--I did this even before they quit putting the chocolates on the pillow.

My husband has to have his black licorice and usually brings some trail mix and fruit snacks as well.

We usually have a few protein bars or nuts to have on the plane or on excursions where we may not have a chance to eat.

I know there is plenty of food on the ship, but snack-type food is not easily available. Sometimes we just want a quick treat.

My husband is the biggest junk food eater. He doesn't each much at any meal, but loves to have his junk, so I bring cashew nuts and a can of Pringles.

I can't imagine his going on a cruise without these snacks.

I'm like serious people actually pack food to bring on a cruise:eek::eek::eek: I am finding that point more fun anything. Guess I have never thought of wanting something else , buffets , pizza , ice cream ,room service with just about anything I want. But as they say to each his own. :)

I'm like serious people actually pack food to bring on a cruise:eek::eek::eek: I am finding that point more fun anything. Guess I have never thought of wanting something else , buffets , pizza , ice cream ,room service with just about anything I want. But as they say to each his own. :)
Have you ever heard the old expression "that is like carrying coals to Newcastle?" i can't imagine carrying food onto a cruise ship.:confused:

We have never brought snacks to eat onboard in the past, (way too many good things onboard to waste valuable luggage space on snacks ;)) but like a lot of you I will bring some good individually wrapped milk chocolates and ask our room steward if he/she would place them on the pillow at turn down! The RCI chocoliates were yucky anyway so I don't mind bringing good stuff of my own! ;)

Archived