New Cruise Director for Emerald

turquoisesea

I recall someone asking if anyone knew who would be taking over the CD job on the Emerald. So, if it has been answered, please excuse this repeat. We got an e-mail today for our upcoming 8/22 cruise on the Emerald. It listed the Cruise Director as Marahscalh Stanton.

He is filling on for Tim Donovan who left on vacation.

324993.jpgseawitch.gifMarahscalh Stanton

A chance audition on a cold winter's day in New York City was the beginning of a career at sea for Marahscalh.

He joined the cruise industry in 1992 as a professional singer, dancer, and actor. After fourteen years aboard Carnival and a restless retirement, Marahscalh joined Princess Cruises the summer of 2007 and now has proudly served aboard Caribbean, Island, Emerald, Sapphire, Star and Golden Princess.

Originally from Alabama, Marahscalh is the youngest of thirteen children!

Marahscalh was great compared to Tim Donovan but unfortunately Tim will be back in Oct.

Well leaving on August 29th so good deal. CD is kind of a big deal for people who don't think it is as thats the voice you wake up to every morning and hear about 75% of the time over the PA. Actually maybe about 95%.

It seems Tim is very polarizing. Tim was my cruise director for my first 3 cruises (3 different itineraries on 3 different ships, lol), and I thought he was fine. Of course he was all I knew, haha. My father in law can't stand him though.

We are thrilled to hear Marahscalh will be on board The Emerald in September. We had the pleasure of enjoying him along with Neil Chandler CD on The Emerald back in 2008. Their morning show was not to be missed! For those of you who will be sailing with him you are in for a treat.

Cheers Louden

New CD, Golden Princess

Anyone heard of Marahscalh Lavanders Stanton? Just received email on our upcoming cruise that he/she will be Cruise Director.. :confused::confused::confused:

This is copied from another thread I read this AM. Is this the same one who is supposed to be on the Emerald. This poster is sailing the Golden in September.

Donna

Tim Donovan was outstanding on the Emerald last month. :)

We also like Tim..have been with him on many sailings, he has always been friendly and helpful when we had requests.....his replacement however is a very talented fun guy......

New CD, Golden Princess

Anyone heard of Marahscalh Lavanders Stanton? Just received email on our upcoming cruise that he/she will be Cruise Director.. :confused::confused::confused:

This is copied from another thread I read this AM. Is this the same one who is supposed to be on the Emerald. This poster is sailing the Golden in September.

Donna

I think that was LARGIN that posted that.

They may have changed the CD's fill in schedule.

He is filling on for Tim Donovan who left on vacation.

324993.jpgseawitch.gifMarahscalh Stanton

A chance audition on a cold winter's day in New York City was the beginning of a career at sea for Marahscalh.

He joined the cruise industry in 1992 as a professional singer, dancer, and actor. After fourteen years aboard Carnival and a restless retirement, Marahscalh joined Princess Cruises the summer of 2007 and now has proudly served aboard Caribbean, Island, Emerald, Sapphire, Star and Golden Princess.

Originally from Alabama, Marahscalh is the youngest of thirteen children!

Can someone please print phonetically how his name is pronounced. Thanks.

Well leaving on August 29th so good deal. CD is kind of a big deal for people who don't think it is as thats the voice you wake up to every morning and hear about 75% of the time over the PA. Actually maybe about 95%.

CD never really interests me and it doesn't matter whose voice I hear over the PA.

Iknow they are important to many people but I dont get too involved with activities on board. Perhaps that is why a balcony is so important to me.

Don't they all??:rolleyes:

No they do not.....at least not all the same old tired jokes that he uses. The only night he was any decent was at the late night x rated show when he actually acted somewhat normal.It might be that I don't appreciate the English sense of humor. Sort of dry.

No they do not.....at least not all the same old tired jokes that he uses. The only night he was any decent was at the late night x rated show when he actually acted somewhat normal.It might be that I don't appreciate the English sense of humor. Sort of dry.

Sorry but they all use some old jokes at some point, at least in my vast experience.

Tim Donovan was outstanding on the Emerald last month. :)

I have to say that I was almost dreading Tim Donovan because of some of the reviews on CC. It turned out he was actually funny and very personable. I was happy that he even attended our CC Meet & Greet, as did Colette.

Archived