Cabin Steward - what kinds of things do you request?

Extra towels is all that we ever need....they will supply ice 2 times daily...what else might you need?

We always hang our towels up (indicating that we can re-use them), but we always have fresh ones everyday. I do request a bedding change about every 2 days....(I like crisp, fresh sheets!)..and have never had a problem.

We don't request a bunch of bull, just because we can!

An eggcrate foam for the bed if needed and EXTRA PILLOWS!! I have some back problems so a few extra pillows help out immensely. We're also low maintenance and as long as our trash is emptied before the cans overflow, we're happy campers. We see having a room steward as a wonderful perk and enjoy just having them make our beds for us. Anything else is icing on the cake.

One cruise we asked for dry pool towels since ours didn't seem to dry out in between uses and the steward didn't automatically replace them. Most other cruises the steward proactively replaced wet towels that weren't hanging up so it's not the norm in our experience.

~Lisa :p

I have read many of you have made special requests of the cabin stewards...what types of things do you request?

Thanks!

-extra towels

-restock the diet coke/bottled water if need be (we leave a post-it if we need more)

-we have friends who always ask for two ice buckets

I have to say that the ODDEST thing I have ever requested was a safety pin. My sister had just given me a new dress for my birthday and I took it on my very first cruise to wear on formal night. It turned out that it was just a little more low cut than I thought it was going to be. I was in a panic because I didn't want to miss meeting the captain and I certainly couldn't show up with a wardrobe malfunction. I stuck my head out into the hallway and my steward just happened to be nearby. I asked her if she had a safety pin and low and behold she came to my rescue!

I honestly don't think that I've ever had to ask my steward for anything else after that first cruise. All my needs were anticipated and taken care of in total silence.

I usually let them know I'm moving the soda from the fridge to the vanity, but not consuming it to make room for my water bottle. On the last day I put it all back. (never been charged by accident)

I ask to please leave the fancy pillows at night since I use them to prop up while I read. They usually put them away each night when they turn down the bed.

Sometimes extra ice, but the last several times it was full all the time, though I used it a lot.

I cannot sleep with a tucked in blanket, sheet, etc. I also ask that the comforter be removed. It weighs a ton and is WAY too hot to sleep under. I bring my own blanket and Garfield pillow - comfy!

I also ask that worn down soap not be thrown away. What a waste when it can still be used or, if very thin, slapped onto a new bar.

I have read many of you have made special requests of the cabin stewards...what types of things do you request?

Thanks!

:cool: I only ask for one thing, and expect one other. Please keep my Ice Bucket full at all times, and DON'T MESS WITH MY RUMRUNNERS:cool: LOL JACK IS SAILING AGAIN:cool:

An extra filled ice bucket and an extra set (or two) or towels. That's it!

As I "cruise" these boards, I am amazed at some of the requests passengers have asked over the years. I recall one asking the room steward to pop their microwave popcorn, as they liked popcorn at night!

M

On all of our cruises we ask our room steward to come to our room when we return from our late dinner. We rarely eat dessert and each night we order the dessert to go and give it to our steward. I've been told many times that they don't have access to some of the same desserts we do, so I've yet to have a room steward who didn't love this treat at the end of the day!

We only ask them for a few things:

- Refer to us as "your highness" when you enter our room

- Must perform at least one musical number while changing our bedding

- Never make eye contact when in a public place

- Towel animals must be animated and follow a story line, new story each night

Ok... ok.... seriously, we're pretty easy.

- 2 lounge chairs

- Ice refilled regularly

- Plenty of fresh towels

We take pretty good care of our steward!

We have a hump JS on Oasis and are really hoping to get at least 1 one lounge chair, ideally 2. We were planning to ask right away and grease the steward appropriately. How likely is it that this request will be honored? Should $50 do the trick or is that being cheap? I have absolutely no frame of reference for this type of request.

Thanks for the info!

One night DD had thrown-up on both her baby blankets. Our steward was able get it washed and dried for us before we left for dinner. The time the incident happend it was well over noon. So he came thru by getting it back in the short time.

Other thing was extra ice for dd baby bottles with carton of milk. The milk we never asked for but he noticed i had left a carton on the first day so the rest of the week he did the same for us.

I don't think I'm high maintenance, but apparently at least one steward did.

- Every cruise, I ask for an extra towel for my hair. So far, only steward has told me that was not allowed.

- I like to have ice left both in the morning and evening. Usually stewards will do that without an issue. One steward (see above towel reference) said she would only leave ice if I left a note specifically requesting it each time. She was serious, too. If I didn't leave a note, no ice.

- My husband likes to sleep in a fridge. When RC had blankets on the beds, I would use that to keep warm. Since RC switched to duvets, they don't have blankets in the cabins anymore. On my past couple cruises, I have requested a blanket because the duvet is too hot. Once I got one. The other time the steward (see above comments about towels and ice) said she couldn't bring me one.

Other than the above items, I can't remember asking for anything special.

Archived