Princess' $15 water shuttle service in Venice

Hal&Rob

My recollection it was one round trip. But this was our embarkation port where boarding started at 12pm and sailed early the next morning. If you are truely in port 48 hours possibly they have a different deal now.

Is the shuttle ticket good for several trips? We will be in Venice for 48 hours.

The $15 water shuttle ticket is good for unlimited trips. It's a good deal!:) You can come and go as you please. The ticket will be in your cabin when you get there and the cost is automatically added to your onboard account. If, for some reason, you don't want to use the shuttle, you can turn in your ticket at the purser's desk and get a refund.

When we were recently in Venice on our Greek Isles cruise we turned the $15pp Princess tickets back in for credit and used the People Mover from the cruise port into Venice for 1 Euro pp each way. We had spent several days in Venice prior to our cruise but still wanted to get back into Venice and see more. For us it was a very cost effective move.

If you take the People Mover you will end up at Piazzale Roma, the main transportation hub for Venice. You can then start your walk through the city.

The ship's water taxi service takes you directly to St. Mark's Square and the $15 ticket is good for your time at dock in Venice.

If you wish to use the vaporetto service to tour the canals, a one way ticket is 6.50 euros, a 48 hour ticket is 28 euros.

Venice is very walkable--not that big, fairly well marked (but plan to get lost), and delightful things to look at around every corner. But--lots of bridges over the many canals.

However, taking the vaporetto from Piazzale Roma to St. Mark's is a must do.

Embarking Venice with Overnight: Princess Shuttle ticket valid for Embarkation Day and Sailaway morning. Unlimited trips $15.

Disembarking Venice with Overnight: Princess Shuttle ticket valid for Arrival Day and Disembarkation morning. Unlimited trips $15

B2B's will need 2 tickets.

Shuttle is not part of Venice Vaporetto Transit system.

Embarking Venice with Overnight: Princess Shuttle ticket valid for Embarkation Day and Sailaway morning. Unlimited trips $15.

Disembarking Venice with Overnight: Princess Shuttle ticket valid for Arrival Day and Disembarkation morning. Unlimited trips $15

B2B's will need 2 tickets.

Shuttle is not part of Venice Vaporetto Transit system.

I was a B2B in May. Only used one ticket.

Walked to/from Piazzale Roma the second day.

Is the shuttle ticket good for several trips? We will be in Venice for 48 hours.
My advice would be to buy a 36 or 48 hour Vaporetto ticket. You can use it to tour the canals and even go to Murano if you want. I feel it is the best thing going in Venice.

If the cruise leaves from Venice, the pass is good for both days, unlimited trips. We just returned from this itinerary and we used it on Wed 7/28 and again on Thurs morning 7/29 before sailaway.

I understand that there's nothing a passenger can do about it but, IMHO, charging for the water shuttle in Venice is a ripoff. What's the difference from the tenders they use in other ports? I have been on other ships which don't charge for tender service into Venice.

I understand that there's nothing a passenger can do about it but, IMHO, charging for the water shuttle in Venice is a ripoff. What's the difference from the tenders they use in other ports? I have been on several other ships which don't charge for tender service into Venice.

When we took an Emerald Princess trans-Atlantic from Venice, we arrived the day before after a nonstop from New York to Venice. Because overnight accommodations were included, we checked in at the terminal, took a shower and had lunch on the ship and then, using a water taxi ticket that Princess had placed in each cabin, water-taxied to Venice.

The Princess ticket was the best thing ever. We came back to the ship for dinner and then went back to Venice, a 20-minute ride. The next morning, before the 1 p.m. departure, we returned to Venice to say good-by.

While the Princess ticket makes shuttling back and forth easy, it is not enough. Using a different company, we also took a regular water taxi to see Grand Canal and neighborhoods. It's interesting to see regular Venetians on their daily routine. Since no roads exist everything must be carried on water; there are even water hearses.

I understand that there's nothing a passenger can do about it but, IMHO, charging for the water shuttle in Venice is a ripoff. What's the difference from the tenders they use in other ports? I have been on several other ships which don't charge for tender service into Venice.

IMHO it is not a "rip off." It is much cheaper than other forms of transport and you don't have to use it. They probably have to pay fees/taxes to the city of Venice to use Princess craft on the canals. If you like the shuttle service to be included with the price of the cruise, then use those cruise lines.

I understand that there's nothing a passenger can do about it but, IMHO, charging for the water shuttle in Venice is a ripoff. What's the difference from the tenders they use in other ports? I have been on other ships which don't charge for tender service into Venice.

Which ships do not charge for the shuttle, out of curiosity?

Not sure, but you will experience Venice much greater if you walk through the canals and bridges and meander the narrow walkways! And it's free! Save the money you'd spend on the Princess transfers (and the frustration of waiting in the rush to get them) and do some walking. Use the extra money to pay for a gondola ride.

You'll have to put up a fight at the purser's desk to get those stupid charges off. They really shouldn't be added automatically.

Not sure, but you will experience Venice much greater if you walk through the canals and bridges and meander the narrow walkways! And it's free! Save the money you'd spend on the Princess transfers (and the frustration of waiting in the rush to get them) and do some walking. Use the extra money to pay for a gondola ride.

You'll have to put up a fight at the purser's desk to get those stupid charges off. They really shouldn't be added automatically.

That's a strange thing to say, because you shouldn't be going to the purser's desk at all. The tickets are returned to the Shorex desk and they take care of the charges being credited to your account. The instructions tell you so.

That's a strange thing to say, because you shouldn't be going to the purser's desk at all. The tickets are returned to the Shorex desk and they take care of the charges being credited to your account. The instructions tell you so.

Actually, we just dumped them into a slotted box near the Purser's desk and it was taken off the account.

Archived