any good tours with out nudity.

Everytime I start to get excited about a tour it gets ruined by the possibility of having to see someone naked! I really don't want to expose my daughter to this, let alone myself. Loved the idea of captain alans catamaran. Sure am glad I researched that one a little more! Also Bernards tour sounds great, just the choice of beach he chooses which I hear is beautiful and I would normally want to go there.

Any suggestion of for equal excitement with a little less exposure?

I've been to St.Maarten three times now,

visited both Marigot on the French side and Philipsburg where the ships dock.

Admittedly I only drove by a few beaches,

but I'm yet to see any naked people running around.

Great shame really! :D

It is another country and "is" their way.

Also the Europeans on board are comfortable with the nudity and is their way as well.

My DD was 12 when we first started cruising and the education and experiences has been fabulous for her.

As stated by the other poster it's not like there are hundreds of folks running around naked! We have seen very few nude beach goers in our 3 visits there.

I find it difficult to witness the poverty on some islands that tours do go by. It breaks my heart and does seem to stick with me but again it is a part of their life.

St Maarten/St Martin is an absolutely beautiful Island. I hope you find something wonderful to experience and share with your daughter.

Everytime I start to get excited about a tour it gets ruined by the possibility of having to see someone naked! I really don't want to expose my daughter to this, let alone myself. Loved the idea of captain alans catamaran. Sure am glad I researched that one a little more! Also Bernards tour sounds great, just the choice of beach he chooses which I hear is beautiful and I would normally want to go there.

Any suggestion of for equal excitement with a little less exposure?

ANY beach on the island could (and usually does) have some topless women. As for avoiding complete nudity, as long as you don't go to Orient beach and two other smaller beaches (whose names unfortunately have slipped my mind) you won't see completely nude people. I doubt that your daughter would be traumatized by the sight of bared breasts (unless you make a big deal out of it).

I suppose you could try to arrange a tour that does not go to beaches (which is a shame SXM has some lovely beaches)..

I doubt that your daughter would be traumatized by the sight of bared breasts

(unless you make a big deal out of it).

Ain't that the truth!

Isn't it odd how adults (who used to have fun in their past lives)

try to 'transplant' their adult prejudices into their children's psyches

-kids who usually aren't diggin a thing in that respect! :D

Mom reckons the kid will be upset: the kid reckons Mom's gone all funny on us

and is probably waaaay too stressed about such a silly matter

to be blessed. Go kiddo!

Mom: you're freakin out about nothing, OK?

..Relaaax -it's Margarita time! ;)

To the OP -

Your DD knows a lot more stuff then you think.

Anyways, unless you go to the southern tip of Orient Beach where Club Orient is, you will not see any nekkid folk. The tours usually drop people at the middle of Orient where you will be surrounded by.....other cruisers.

Somebody like Bernard will always customize the tour if there is not a large group.

To the OP -

Yes.. perhaps even more than Mom, who's probably never Googled the stuff DD has.

Most Moms would be shocked at what their kids know

although they could learn a trick or two from them.

TOO BLESSED ,

I have been to three beaches of the hundreds in St Martaan . ( as well as S Beach Miami) . I don't think you will find a beach w/o some topless sunbathing

going on but keep researching and you may . St. Martaans is such a popular stop that I would think it might be a good day to see what port days on the ship are like . I have never done this ( far too itinerary based , I don't cruise for the ship just the islands ) but I hear it's awesome when the pools are empty and there are major food buffets being put out to eat . Just a thought and maybe shop in the port for a few hours and if your DD is that young she won't know the difference . I am far too liberal too agree that nudity is bad and too intelligent to not respect your personal opinion . I would suggest not giving it enough headspace to ruin your day and have fun together , they grow up too fast ! Good luck !!! Ted

<snip> I have been to three beaches of the hundreds in St Martaan . <snip>

Even the Tourist Boards on the island claim no more than thirty-seven beaches.

Most of them are great, few of them will be topless-free.

gary

My mistake Gary your correct , I have been hangin' on the Antigua thread a lot and forgot where I was . There are only 30 some beaches but I've only been to 3 . But at all 3 I've seen some sort of topless sunbathing if not complete nudity

even when my kids were there and young we thought it was a funny difference in culture and in no way offensive but that's just us . Take care ! Ted

2weeks ago myself, husband and 15 and 17 sons went on bernard tour. it was a great tour!! yes we did go to orient beach BUT not orient club(nude). any where you go in st martin is top optional---we did see 2 women sun tanning topless. it is not like you are over run by topless women!!

In our situation, it seemed to be more of a concern to the parents than it was to our kids. We talked with our kids before going to Orient Beach about it being a different culture, and yes, we did see some toplessness and nudity, but it was not a problem. Have a talk with your kids before you go and I would bet that you will all have the time of your life.

Hopefully you are not going to be in St.Martin on a Friday because there is a boat cruise that is clothing optional and they go by the beaches and honk the horn and wave.

Try Pinel Island, it is a beautiful spot and the few topless people that I have seen there were moms playing in the sand and surf with their children. We travel to show our children different places and cultures and in St. Martin topless beach goers are part of the culture.

ANY beach on the island could (and usually does) have some topless women. As for avoiding complete nudity, as long as you don't go to Orient beach and two other smaller beaches (whose names unfortunately have slipped my mind) you won't see completely nude people. I doubt that your daughter would be traumatized by the sight of bared breasts (unless you make a big deal out of it).

I suppose you could try to arrange a tour that does not go to beaches (which is a shame SXM has some lovely beaches)..

Happy Bay, and Cupacoy are Nude friendly beaches

• 4 weeks later...
To the OP -

I didn't notice the op mention how old her dd was so how do you know what she knows and what she doesn't? To make a statement like this is rude.

Yes.. perhaps even more than Mom, who's probably never Googled the stuff DD has.

Again who are you to suggest that. Again it's her right as a mother to decide what her child is subject to and for you suggest that her child (which you have no idea who she is or how old) is already looking for "the stuff" online is pretty rude.

Most Moms would be shocked at what their kids know

although they could learn a trick or two from them.

This statement just sounds sick...the topic is nude beach. Are you suggesting that their child could teach her parents tricks? You make my stomach roll.

Perhaps you should stay on the ship that day :rolleyes: then your daughter will not be exposed to life, and neither will you.

Hmmm. your comment sounds as stupid as your first. Your on a roll!

It makes me wonder why people feel the need to throw their beliefs around on each other instead of just understanding that not everyone feels the same as the next person when it comes to how they want to live their life and how they want to raise their kids, and what they want to experience while on vacation. She asked a question and you all totally turn it around and start giving her grief because she's not "laid back" ready to enjoy nude beaches with her kid. I'm 36 and would choose not to go to a nude beach with my parents, and I can't imagine as a child them taking me to one knowing that people would be totally nude there. It's just awkward imo.

For me, it's not my kids that I would worry about, if they were still young and living at home, because I've always encouraged them to be open and accepting... however, my DH has never been quite as liberal, and as we will be in St. Maarten in March for the first time, I think he might be in for a little shockeroo and will probably have a coronary if we see nude/partially nude sunbathers! OMG... I think I'm going to have so much fun with this...! LOL:D

...She asked a question and you all totally turn it around and start giving her grief because she's not "laid back" ready to enjoy nude beaches with her kid...

You'll find that is the norm here on this board. Anyone who prefers a non-nude beach and simply asks about it is ridiculed and mocked by many regulars here. Some are very polite and do answer the questions in a respectful manner, but many don't. It's a shame, really.

I try to ignore the replies by members who are not helpful, and am thankful for those who do respect the member who sincerely asks for help.

You'll find that is the norm here on this board. Anyone who prefers a non-nude beach and simply asks about it is ridiculed and mocked by many regulars here. Some are very polite and do answer the questions in a respectful manner, but many don't. It's a shame, really.

I try to ignore the replies by members who are not helpful, and am thankful for those who do respect the member who sincerely asks for help.

exactly

Thanks for the vote of confidence Gary, but you might as well keep your phone/camera in your pocke, as I was thnking more along the lines of how funny it was going to be when he noticed OTHER people sans clothing! I wasn't going to say anything and just watch his surprise, but then I had joked around with the kids about it and they mentioned it to him. Oh well, I'm not sure, but it seems like he is looking forward to this cruise a little more now... hmmmm... I guess if he starts trying to spiffy himself up, lose weight, etc, I might have to keep a close eye on him! LoL

Here, Here!!

Archived