Smuggling vs 2 for 1 Soda Card....Same Thing??

Cool Waters

Which is okay Smuggling or 2 for 1 Soda Card  

301 members have voted

1. 1. Which is okay Smuggling or 2 for 1 Soda Card

• Smuggling is okay, The ship makes enough money off of other things I do.
    • 2 people for 1 Soda card is okay, I want to get my monies worth.
    • Both are just plain wrong!
    • It all depends on the circumstances??

Just say no, to:

Smuggling booze

2 for 1 on soda card

Speeding on the highway or any other road

Drugs

Stealing the cable or dish signal

I'm sure there is much, much more, but I'm sure you get the point.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

Wow I have done 4 out of 5. I am a menece to society and vow never to leave my house again :rolleyes:

Really people - lighten up already! Its a long, long walk back to Eden, so don't sweat the small stuff.

I agree that Carnival is not making as much money on us smugglers (their profit margins for alcohol is enormous) they are still making enough money on us. I book suites, love to shop and use Carnival for at least 1 excursion per trip. I have gotten a large group of first timers together for Feb so I am handing them business and getting nothing in return from them - above what I have paid for. If I want to bring a bottle of rum on board with me then I see nothing wrong with that. I drink in the clubs at night and purchase my drinks from Carnival then. If we want a drink in our room while getting ready we will get into my rum from home. We are not boozehounds and really don't drink at all unless we are on vacation. They would not make as much on our bar bill (even if we didn't smuggle) as they will make on our overpriced suite with very little perks.

This is not an issue of morality - we are not talking about wearing fur here. Its a small issue that people love to blow out of proportion. Perhaps it just makes some people happy to call others out about their very moral fiber (total drama). Couldn't care less - I am fine with me.

:) Kerry

wow! boatrette! scum?? That's kind of harsh, isn't it? I guess i tend to forget that some people never do anything against rules. LOL!! yeah right! If it doesn't affect you or your family members, don't sweat it. Like i said, I've never smuggled on liquor and i've never even purchased a soda card, but it doesn't upset me that others do. If they can get away with it, good for them. Maybe i'll try it this year too. :) This is hilarious that some people let what others do affect them to the point of name calling and categorizing people. hee hee!!

Cruise lines are guilty of stealing as well...they steal our time. Sure we are all used to it and have accepted it but how many minutes of our vacation have been spent waiting in lines to have unwanted and unpurchased pictures taken... :eek:

Uh, never. But I was put in handcuffs once and forced to by gold-by-the-inch :)

Where did you ever figure rationalizing violating rules is justified because part of your vacation the cruise line is stealing your time?

Your answer is like getting caught stealing a cookie and telling your mom your brother did it also.

I agree that Carnival is not making as muchenough money on us.

What if your employer told you this the next time you asked for a raise or had a performance review?

How do you come up with the numbers you justify this with?

Cruise lines spread their profit margins to other things besides cabin sales. Consumption onboard of drinks, shore excursions, spa treatments, etc are the cash cows for keeping the actual cost of stepping aboard at a lesser cost than most other vacations.

No moral judgment, just a question, but here is a comparison from last week.

2 nights at a Courtyard Marriott in San Antonio = $423.00 after taxes and parking.

Meals for two days for two people = $60 per person average = $240.

Cost for a two day trip is around $623 before "shore excursions."

Run some numbers for Disney at a moderate priced resort and the costs go higher. You might see my cost per day, per traveler for a cruiser is a bargain.

Am I better than fellow posters? No. I drove 75-80 mph to San Antonio and back, blowing fossil fuel exhaust out the back of the car, listening to right wing radio on Sirius :D

See you aboard.

A prominent Bishop in Canada told me once...

"Justification is just like masterb%$%^&, it feels good, but you are only F*&^*&^ing yourself"

Nuff Said:rolleyes:

Are you sharing this with your spouse? inquiring minds want to know.

Just say no, to:

Smuggling booze

2 for 1 on soda card

Speeding on the highway or any other road

Drugs

Stealing the cable or dish signal

I'm sure there is much, much more, but I'm sure you get the point.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

Oh wow, I'm in trouble with this list.:eek:

GO SMUGGLERS!!!!

LOL, all I can do is shake my head!

I agree. The way I see the poll numbers.

44% of respondants have no integrity and would cheat their own children out of their allowance to save a buck.

48% have lots of integrity and follow the rules

8% aren't kidding themselves or others. They know what's right, but under certain circumstances,,,,,

What if your employer told you this the next time you asked for a raise or had a performance review?

Told me what? That Carnival makes enough money on me? I own my own company so I get the numbers game. Carnival loves customers like me. I am low maintainence (not a complainer), spend money on board, I'm a good tipper and I book suites. I also bring a ton of business to them. I am not a huge drinker anyway. If I didn't smuggle so I can have a rum and coke in my room while getting ready, then I just wouldn't drink in my room at all. They are not losing $ on me. I buy my drinks in the bar at night. Not much of a day drinker.

How do you come up with the numbers you justify this with?

Um... justify what? Bringing a rum runner of board? I don't have to justify anything. I am not trying to cheat anyone - just making it more convenient for me.

Cruise lines spread their profit margins to other things besides cabin sales. Consumption onboard of drinks, shore excursions, spa treatments, etc are the cash cows for keeping the actual cost of stepping aboard at a lesser cost than most other vacations.

Exactly what I am saying. They also spread their profit margin to other things besides booze.

No moral judgment, just a question, but here is a comparison from last week.

2 nights at a Courtyard Marriott in San Antonio = $423.00 after taxes and parking.

Meals for two days for two people = $60 per person average = $240.

Cost for a two day trip is around $623 before "shore excursions."

Run some numbers for Disney at a moderate priced resort and the costs go higher. You might see my cost per day, per traveler for a cruiser is a bargain.

Comparing the cost of a two day trip to San Antonio vs a Disney trip...apples to oranges. Disney is way overpriced - you are paying for the mouse at Disney.

Am I better than fellow posters? No. I drove 75-80 mph to San Antonio and back, blowing fossil fuel exhaust out the back of the car, listening to right wing radio on Sirius :D

Love Rush! LOL! You are such a rebel!

See you aboard.

Wow I have done 4 out of 5. I am a menece to society and vow never to leave my house again :rolleyes:

Really people - lighten up already! Its a long, long walk back to Eden, so don't sweat the small stuff.

I agree that Carnival is not making as much money on us smugglers (their profit margins for alcohol is enormous) they are still making enough money on us. I book suites, love to shop and use Carnival for at least 1 excursion per trip. I have gotten a large group of first timers together for Feb so I am handing them business and getting nothing in return from them - above what I have paid for. If I want to bring a bottle of rum on board with me then I see nothing wrong with that. I drink in the clubs at night and purchase my drinks from Carnival then. If we want a drink in our room while getting ready we will get into my rum from home. We are not boozehounds and really don't drink at all unless we are on vacation. They would not make as much on our bar bill (even if we didn't smuggle) as they will make on our overpriced suite with very little perks.

This is not an issue of morality - we are not talking about wearing fur here. Its a small issue that people love to blow out of proportion. Perhaps it just makes some people happy to call others out about their very moral fiber (total drama). Couldn't care less - I am fine with me.

Well said! You didn't mention how sharing a soda card that you paid for shows your lack of integrity though, shame on you!

wow! boatrette! scum?? That's kind of harsh, isn't it? I guess i tend to forget that some people never do anything against rules. LOL!! yeah right! If it doesn't affect you or your family members, don't sweat it. Like i said, I've never smuggled on liquor and i've never even purchased a soda card, but it doesn't upset me that others do. If they can get away with it, good for them. Maybe i'll try it this year too. :) This is hilarious that some people let what others do affect them to the point of name calling and categorizing people. hee hee!!

Good point! I'm just like you, never have smuggled and have never purchased a soda card and I don't care what others do either. And I also don't try to flaunt my "moral superiority" either.

To answer the question:

Smuggling = dishonest, breaking the contract with Carnival you entered into when you agreed to the Cruise contract terms. You are only as good as your word, and apparently some of you ain't worth much.

2 on 1 soda card = Stealing soda, nothing else to say.

A thief's a thief, we have determined you will steal, we just didn't know what a petty thief you are. Step it up next time and rob a bank or something, show yourself some respect!;)

I felt certain you'd miss it so here it is again.

The highlighted section means that to an HONEST person, the card is for that person's drinks ONLY. The dishonest will claim ambiguity in the rule to rationalize their dishonesty.

But that's not what the language says. You still proved my point and I thank you for that.

To answer the question:

Smuggling = dishonest, breaking the contract with Carnival you entered into when you agreed to the Cruise contract terms. You are only as good as your word, and apparently some of you ain't worth much.

2 on 1 soda card = Stealing soda, nothing else to say.

A thief's a thief, we have determined you will steal, we just didn't know what a petty thief you are. Step it up next time and rob a bank or something, show yourself some respect!;)

So, let me guess, you are perfect?:rolleyes: You have never done anything to break the law? Speeding or taking a pen home from your place of employment?

"Those who have not yet accepted their own imperfection are the first ones to judge and critisize the faults of others"

So, let me guess, you are perfect?:rolleyes: You have never done anything to break the law? Speeding or taking a pen home from your place of employment?

"Those who have not yet accepted their own imperfection are the first ones to judge and critisize the faults of others"

I never said I was perfect and I never agreed not to speed.

I don't steal and I keep my word, a contract is your word.

I have never intentionally stolen anything from my employer, sounds like you are really trying to justify your lifestyle.

I am, however, discussing the question, which is about smuggling and soda cards. Anytime you set out with the intention of stealing or smuggling shows criminal motive, which you got in spades.

I know pot makes it hard to focus but please try to stay on point.

Smuggling and soda cards: right or wrong?

You've told us what you sell your self respect for, pretty cheap wouldn't you say?

I never said I was perfect and I never agreed not to speed. Ok, when you get your license, and you drive out on the road, you agree not to break any traffic laws, speeding being one of them.

I have never intentionally stolen anything from my employer, sounds like you are really trying to justify your lifestyle. I never said intentionally, even if you accidently take home an ink pen that was left in your pocket, its employee theft. I dont try to justify my lifestyle to anyone. Only one persons opinion of my lifestyle counts, and it sure isnt you.

I am, however, discussing the question, which is about smuggling and soda cards. Anytime you set out with the intention of stealing or smuggling shows criminal motive, which you got in spades. If it is a crime, then you can go to jail for it. I have never seen anyone going to jail for sharing a soda they got for someone with their soda card. However, if that is the case, then lock me up. Wouldn't be the 1st time.

This has nothing to do with the conversation at hand. This is just a feeble attempt at an insult.

You've told us what you sell your self respect for, pretty cheap wouldn't you say? So, if I get a drink with my soda card, and give said drink to my wife, I guess I am not sharing, just selling my self respect . :rolleyes:

I never said I was perfect and I never agreed not to speed. Ok, when you get your license, and you drive out on the road, you agree not to break any traffic laws, speeding being one of them.

I have never intentionally stolen anything from my employer, sounds like you are really trying to justify your lifestyle. I never said intentionally, even if you accidently take home an ink pen that was left in your pocket, its employee theft. I dont try to justify my lifestyle to anyone. Only one persons opinion of my lifestyle counts, and it sure isnt you.

I am, however, discussing the question, which is about smuggling and soda cards. Anytime you set out with the intention of stealing or smuggling shows criminal motive, which you got in spades. If it is a crime, then you can go to jail for it. I have never seen anyone going to jail for sharing a soda they got for someone with their soda card. However, if that is the case, then lock me up. Wouldn't be the 1st time.

This has nothing to do with the conversation at hand. This is just a feeble attempt at an insult.

You've told us what you sell your self respect for, pretty cheap wouldn't you say? So, if I get a drink with my soda card, and give said drink to my wife, I guess I am not sharing, just selling my self respect . :rolleyes:

Why am I not surprised you get locked up from time to time?:rolleyes:

Anyway, anytime you enter into a contract that you have no intention of honoring, you are committing fraud and violating the terms of the contract, that's dishonest, no way around it, I'm sure you can justify it in your mind.

Anytime you use a soda card intended for one person to get sodas for two or more, that is stealing, anyway you want to look at it, you know it and I know it.

I don't have any respect for someone that steals soda or intentionally breaks their contract by smuggling or anything else to violate it.

I don't recall agreeing to follow the rules when driving, I do recall being presented with the rules and a point schedule for violations. Can you show where that is a contract or a document? Perhaps I've overlooked it...

Look, I really don't care if you steal soda or not, it's your life, be a thief, but as I said, have a little self respect and leave candy & soda to kids.

I understand but I still don't feel like sharing a card that you paid for has anything to do with integrity. Do you understand?

One of us does NOT understand and it is not me that does not understand. I know what integrity is and it is easy to see you do not.

Yep, got caught speeding, got a ticket, had to pay a fine.

It's WRONG you see, just like stealing!

Smuggling is a violation of your contract and is wrong too.

Suppose I wanted to smuggle some fireworks or a dog on board and really made some noise at night, would that be OK or wrong?

I mean, it's ok to steal a pen so it's ok to smuggle...

I know this is slightly off topic, but when dh and I go out to dinner, he usually orders something delicious to drink. Being budget minded, I usually order water. Maybe 1/2 the time, my willpower (or is it my moral compass?) goes out the window, and I ask for a sip...

Should I demand that they don't bring us any free refills because I helped him drink it?

Stealing is taking something that does not belong to you. So 2-1 soda is stealing, because the person that did not buy it is taking something that they did not pay for.

Smuggling, is taking revenue away from the ship, but not taking something that is not paid for. I smuggle candy into a movie, and that's not stealing, just cheating. It's not right, if I'm breaking the rules, but it's not stealing. I don't smuggle, but I do feel the ship steals when they charge $5.00 for a can of beer, and than use a metric can at 11.2oz.

Archived