Smuggling vs 2 for 1 Soda Card....Same Thing??

Cool Waters

Which is okay Smuggling or 2 for 1 Soda Card  

301 members have voted

1. 1. Which is okay Smuggling or 2 for 1 Soda Card

• Smuggling is okay, The ship makes enough money off of other things I do.
    • 2 people for 1 Soda card is okay, I want to get my monies worth.
    • Both are just plain wrong!
    • It all depends on the circumstances??

First, I want to start off by saying.....I really don't care what anyone does. I don't own Carnival so don't feel as if you have to explain your circumstance to me!

With that being said.....I saw a thread a little while ago where someone who is all for smuggling, was dead set against 2 people using one Soda Card. I don't know what to make of this?? Maybe I try way to hard to find the logic in things that really don't matter to me. But it's that he same thing? If you smuggle....aren't you stealing from the cruise lines? Aren't you are ripping them off for alcohol that you obviously need so badly that you smuggle it cause you don't want to pay the ship price for it.

But for those who are going to ask me....If it doesn't matter, then why start this thread......Well, it's b/c I am interested in knowing if one is "better" than the other!

It's quite a stretch to make a case that smuggling alcohol amounts to "stealing". After all, I bought it so it is mine. On the other hand, one could make a case that buying one soda card and using it for more than one person, is in fact dishonest.

But for those who are going to ask me....If it doesn't matter, then why start this thread......Well, it's b/c I am interested in knowing if one is "better" than the other!

My guess that some feel smuggling is sneaky, the privacy of their cabin or in a insulated mug and the soda card is out in the open.

It's quite a stretch to make a case that smuggling alcohol amounts to "stealing". After all, I bought it so it is mine. On the other hand, one could make a case that buying one soda card and using it for more than one person, is in fact dishonest.

Is violating a policy or rule being dishonest?

Yes I smuggle in whatever I want to drink in my cabin and on my balcony, other than that I buy from the bars on the ship.

If I bring some of my own Liquor onboard that I bought in a store, how is that stealing from the cruiseline? They didn't buy it I did. That makes no since at all.

It's quite a stretch to make a case that smuggling alcohol amounts to "stealing".

For those who smuggle and justify it by whatever means they choose, Yes, I can see it being considered as a "stretch" as stealing.

For those corporations, small businesses, who depend on revenue by selling products and services, I would imagine they consider it as "stealing".

Guess it depends on ones perspective.

When you take a grape off the vine at the grocery store to taste, is that stealing or sampleing?

When you come home from the grocery store and your kid whipps out a candy bar from their pocket, is that stealing or sampleing?

First, I want to start off by saying.....I really don't care what anyone does. I don't own Carnival so don't feel as if you have to explain your circumstance to me!

With that being said.....I saw a thread a little while ago where someone who is all for smuggling, was dead set against 2 people using one Soda Card. I don't know what to make of this?? Maybe I try way to hard to find the logic in things that really don't matter to me. But it's that he same thing? If you smuggle....aren't you stealing from the cruise lines? Aren't you are ripping them off for alcohol that you obviously need so badly that you smuggle it cause you don't want to pay the ship price for it.

ANYONE that thinks smuggling is OK and 2 for 1 on a soda card is stealing needs a new flux capacitor for their moral compass.

I am still trying to figure out why so many on the Carnival boards are so concerned with what others bring on the ship. I really hope that those of you who are so bothered don't give it a thought once you get on the ship.

I am thinking the same thing :rolleyes:

I am still trying to figure out why so many on the Carnival boards are so concerned with what others bring on the ship. I really hope that those of you who are so bothered don't give it a thought once you get on the ship.

I am thinking the same thing :rolleyes:

Maybe you didn't read the first sentence of my post?? I am just interested in the thought behind it and not the actual practice of it. BIG DIFFERENCE!

And by the way...if you don't like the topic, you don't have to post in the thread. It was created just for conversation. It's not be taken so seriously....GEEZ!

I totally get that....not really "stealing" per say, but kinda along the same lines.

Theft, pure plain and simple.

Justify it any way that allows you to sleep at night. My conscience is clear.

I agree!

Plus, both are inconvenient. Trying to carry on alcohol would be a pain...we brought our 2 bottles of wine and it was a pain to carry and not break. I'd suspect it'd be the same for alcohol in my luggage (I already pack way too much). And sharing a soda card...you have to go to bar twice...ughhh....no thanks.

Maybe you didn't read the first sentence of my post?? I am just interested in the thought behind it and not the actual practice of it. BIG DIFFERENCE!

And by the way...if you don't like the topic, you don't have to post in the thread. It was created just for conversation. It's not be taken so seriously....GEEZ!

Sorry if you are offended, but when you post certian things on an open message board such as this, you are gonna get answers that are serious and others that are not so serious.

Either way it is still open disscusion.

Sorry if you are offended, but when you post certian things on an open message board such as this, you are gonna get answers that are serious and others that are not so serious.

Either way it is still open disscusion.

Nope not offended at all. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew I was not interested in if they do it or why they do it, just why one is better than the other. I'm not trying to start a huge debate, I just wanted to read others POV.

Quite possibly, neither post referred to your original post but a follow up. ;)

Agree with this comment. Not allowing you to bring on alcohol is purely so they can sell more alcohol. However, they do allow you to bring on soda, so go figure, not as much profit I guess. But 2 for 1 on soda card seems dishonest to me.

Archived