Celebrity Mercury Sept 5 Alaska

kissmeyoufool

I was wondering if the pools or hot tubs are open just need to know if I need to pack a bathing suit or is it too cold.Any other suggestions about this upcoming cruise I would LOVE to here about it..We are staying on the Sky deck stateroom # 1201 I have never sailed on Celebrity before we have our excursions all paid for (private ones) and have bought our premium drink packages order my luggage tags ,did the online check in thing of course have our airline ticket and our hotel booked in Vancouver.I know there is something I must have missed Take Care everyone and Thank You:D

Sounds like you're well prepared.

Mercury has a thallassotherapy pool which is great. It's an inside heated salt water pool. Do pack old bathing suits for this pool as it can fade your suit. It is free for suites but I'm not sure about CC. Someone will tell you, I'm sure.

I have been on Mercury 3 times but have never been lucky enough to snag 1201. I've heard it is a great cabin.

I think the hot tubs will be operating, but haven't sailed on Mercury to Alaska. They were operating on Millennium when we sailed to Alaska on her.

Enjoy your trip.

Thank you for your reply I will packing that bathing suit .I do not know how I got stateroom #1201 I found out about stateroom # 1201,1200 1240,1241 on Cruise Critic at least a month after I booked the trip ( I booked in May)I checked Celebrity web site and 1201 was avb so I called my Ta and got my room change from Penthouse deck room # 1092 ( I think that was the #) to room # 1201.So yes I am happy celebrating our 20 anniversary and have not cruised for about 17 years have been doing the all inclusives down south thing..Just told my husdand 10 days ago about this trip and he was very surprised,We are leaving Sept 1 going to Edmonton to visit our Son he works on a oil rig there and happens to have his week off starting Sept 1 going to Vancouver Sept 4 meeting up with friends there for the cruise the next day (My husband does not know friends are coming) but he will be happy about it.. Can YOU TELL I AM EXCITED:D:D

Even the inside rooms on 12 are great. They are so handy to the outside decks and elevators, not as handy as yours though.

Something to consider right away is an extra pad (egg shell) for your bed. Check it out asap as the Merc is not getting any newer. And make friends with the butler for those other rooms. :) it helps to be friendly with him.

We sailed Mercury to Alaska at the end of August last year. It was too cold to use the pools but I think they were technically open. People were in the hot tubs though (so pack a bathing suit).

The main thing I would be sure you pack are WARM clothes and rain gear. We had rain every port day and were frozen most of the time.

Even the inside rooms on 12 are great. They are so handy to the outside decks and elevators, not as handy as yours though.

Something to consider right away is an extra pad (egg shell) for your bed. Check it out asap as the Merc is not getting any newer. And make friends with the butler for those other rooms. :) it helps to be friendly with him.

No need to bring your own pad for the bed--request one from your cabin attendant as soon as you board. Enjoy that lovely balcony!

We sailed Mercury to Alaska at the end of August last year. It was too cold to use the pools but I think they were technically open. People were in the hot tubs though (so pack a bathing suit).

The main thing I would be sure you pack are WARM clothes and rain gear. We had rain every port day and were frozen most of the time.

Weather is a crap shoot in Alaska, but you should be prepared for warm weather as well. On our first trip to Alaska (on the Mercury, in early September), weather was quite warm and I never wore any of the sweaters I took. Only time it was cold was when we were at Hubbard Glacier.

Our trip in May this year was warm and sunny as well.

The trick for Alaska is layers.

wow you are so organised. We are on the cruise before yours to alaka, i am celebrating my parents 50th wedding anniversary with my parents and am very excited. But it was all very last minute. In fact im sitting in an internet cafe now trying to book the the excursions.

do you have any suggestions on what you have booked? my parents are elderly so requires some very relaxing day trips.

The trick for Alaska is layers.

Yep! Layers are key!

The hot tubs will be open...hot tubbing on an Alaska cruise is great! Also enjoyed hot tubbing on the fall cruise we took once Canada/New England! Good times! Have a great cruise!

Jeff

Thank you for your reply I will packing that bathing suit .I do not know how I got stateroom #1201 I found out about stateroom # 1201,1200 1240,1241 on Cruise Critic at least a month after I booked the trip ( I booked in May)I checked Celebrity web site and 1201 was avb so I called my Ta and got my room change from Penthouse deck room # 1092 ( I think that was the #) to room # 1201.So yes I am happy celebrating our 20 anniversary and have not cruised for about 17 years have been doing the all inclusives down south thing..Just told my husdand 10 days ago about this trip and he was very surprised,We are leaving Sept 1 going to Edmonton to visit our Son he works on a oil rig there and happens to have his week off starting Sept 1 going to Vancouver Sept 4 meeting up with friends there for the cruise the next day (My husband does not know friends are coming) but he will be happy about it.. Can YOU TELL I AM EXCITED:D:D

Yes, I would second the advice to pack something warm for the glacier viewing. It is very cold outside and you do have to be outside to get the most out of it. It is an awesome experience. I would take binoculars and also gloves.

We have a lot in common. We have a daughter living in Edmonton and our anniversary is Sept 1. One thing I should tell you, we wanted to rent a car in Skagway to go to the Yukon. We arranged for a rental from Avis, but when we went to pick it up, the person there told us she thought we might not be allowed to cross the border into Canada!!!! We decided to try it anyway, but she was right. We were denied entry to our own country!!!! Some stupid rule about the import tax on US cars!! As if we would try to sell the car in the Yukon! When we reached the border we offered to pay the tax on the car (and then get it back when we returned) but she said we could not do that as we didn't own the car!! Then how could we sell it???? Made us ashamed of some of Canada's stupid rules. We had to turn back, but it turned out really well as we went to Dyea and we saw a grizzly bear really close. Made the day for us. I have no experience of Dyea Dave's tours but I have read rave reviews of them for this area. Check him out. We went in Sept too (last Alaska cruise) and really got quite good weather. The only day that was really bad was in Sitka.

I had Skysuite 1203 on Galaxy from LA-Vancouver doing 12-nights to Alaska and loved the gigantic patio of a balcony. Had a reception out there in Glacier Bay with some fellow tablemates and passengers I had met during the cruise, the only time I ever use the Butler service for canapes and hot drinks while we were sitting off of the glaciers. Stateroom 1201 was next door and had the narrower but just as deep huge balcony. The only real disadvantage were the crowds that gathered above us on Deck 13 during the times we pulled out of port or were viewing glaciers. Very little privacy then.

Other than when we were next to the glaciers when it was very cold, I rarely ever used a coat or anything more than a light jacket, especially when in port, Skagway being the coldest exception.

Thank You all for the advise started packing and yes I threw in my bathing suit.My husband and I are getting way to excited to go on this trip:pWe can not wait I do not like to fly so my poor husband always comes off the plane looking like he has been attacked by a wild CAT :p:p

Archived