Help - Which room on Celebrity Infinity?

fayfam

We have just found out that our Royal Caribbean Cruise to Alaska has been shortened from 12 nights to 5 nights. We are now looking at booking the 10 night Infinity cruise from Seattle to Alaska on May 10th. We would like to know from the wealth of knowledge out there which of these cabins we should look at booking. 9089, 9093, 9097, 9100, 9129 and 9114.

Thank you to everyone in advance for your help.

Kerry:)

Above poster is Absolutely Rioght--- Stay away from 9100. The balcony is tiny & semi-private. This is all due to the rounded suite next door. Not only can the suite's rounded windows look right out on the balcony, but the "roundness" cuts down the size of the balcony of 9100.

Avoid all balcony rooms directly next to the rounded Celebrity Suites. They are the WORST balcony rooms on the ship!

Suggestions:

1. Are any cabins open on deck 8? These boards contain some complaints that deck 9 rooms are subject to noise (chair dragging, table moving etc.) from the public deck above. Put some deck 8 room numbers into the booking page on the X webside and see if any are open for booking.

2. Out of the list you gave MHO is to go with 9114 (9116 & would be even better). This is because the inside rooms that look like they are across the hall are not really there...... Becasue they are odd numbered rooms, they open only to the "odd" numbered hallway on the other side and across from 9114 & 9116 is just a solid wall.

Enjoy your cruise!!

I would also recommend deck 8 if possible, for two reasons: Less noise, and the overhang above deck 9 will obstruct your view somewhat. In Alaska, the view becomes much more meaningful, IMHO.

We were on the Infinity July 23-30 to Alaska. We had cabin 8054 Concierge Class and loved it. We stayed away from deck 9 due to the overhang. We had a standard balcony and it was fine for the two of us.

It was quiet and close to elevators. We had no complaints.

Just wondering what cruise were you on that was shortened???

Hi

Royal Caribbean 12 night Ultimate Alaska - San Diego to Vancouver 15th May 2011. It has now turned into a 5 night from San Diego to Vancouver (no Alaska) and then it will be going into unscheduled drydock for a week. We are very disappointed and are busy trying to book something else and will probably need to change our airfares from Melbourne Aust.

Thanks everyone for your advice with the rooms. I am not sure if there are any rooms left on deck 8 but we will ring and ask.

Kerry

Edited by fayfam

• 1 year later...

Thanks. I'm concerned because I read that Room 9083 on the Celebrity Infinity will have an overhang that will obstruct our view. The balcony was the whole reason to book for an Alaskan cruise. These are now aqua suites. Does anyone know what this room will be like. The posts are also saying noisy.

Cabin is essentially the same as it was with a slightly upgraded bath. Additional perks beyond CC are access to an area of the spa for relaxation and the biggy of Blu as your dining venue! Deck 9 of the M class ships has always had the overhang as a blessing or pain depending on your point of view, even when the cabins were category 1A. Catch some really rainy days on an Alaskan cruise and that overhang makes the veranda usable.

• 2 years later...

We stayed in Aqua class cabin 9058 on Celebrity Constellation in Mar 2014. The balcony does have the overhang but we liked it because it provide shade. We didn't have any problem with noise from above, but the stairway that is used by the stewards is right across from that cabin, and starting at about 5 or 6 in the morning you can hear the door closing several times.

The original post is from 2010:eek:......then in 2012 someone replied......

now it is 2014......looks like 2 year intervels between postings:eek:

Edited by Lois R

I've suggested to CC several times that the original post date be included in the title of the thread, just like the most recent response date is included. Would sure save responses to questions that are not longer relevant.

Mary Lou

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

I've suggested to CC several times that the original post date be included in the title of the thread, just like the most recent response date is included. Would sure save responses to questions that are not longer relevant.

Mary Lou

Hi Mary Lou:)....I would just think when someone does a search for

specific information, they would look at the date of the thread they

have found....the dates are on there.......

Edited by Lois R

True Lois, but when you respond how often do you look at the original post date? I know I don't pay attention right away. But I do look at the last post date since it is right there before I open the thread.

Mary Lou

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU