New bucket of beer deal?

frito58

So...including the refilled bucket, you can get 16 beers. So much for the anti-smuggling crowd's argument that Royal Caribbean doesn't let you buy booze on the ship to take back to your cabin because they want to prevent excessive drunkenness. I think the average person can get pretty smashed on 16 beers. I may have to re-think my whole smuggling plan...although I did manage to get a six-pack of Amstel Light onto my last cruise in my suitcase.

Yep - they had it on the Freedom last week. Nice little cooler/bucket and good to carry around with you (to/from the pool, etc). Not widely available or advertised yet, we found it in the windjammer first sea day.

On one of our cruises, we were sitting around the pool deck in the evening. I purchased a bucket of beer, thinking I was getting one extra free beer tossed in for buying a bucket. Got the receipt, sat sipping the beer and realized there was zip...no extra beer...no discount of any kind and I was a little bummed. Didn't buy the bucket the rest of the cruise because there was no advantage whatsoever. While this is still not a WOW what a Deal moment, it's at least better than nothing at all and would at least be a start. It's like the DOD....$8.95 for a drink I might not even like...what's the incentive? I can get the drink of my choice for the same price..sometimes even cheaper. If you advertise a DOD, make it the "bargain" drink. Maybe I don't feel like a "yellow bird" on Tuesday. Maybe I feel like a Pina Colada. Why order the Yellow Bird because it's the DOD if it's not at a discount price? Who are these people that do the marketing? Must be the same folks that decided to ditch the recognizeable music for the RCCL commercials with "Get Out There" as the theme for the boring, "Nation of Why Not..." Carnival's commercials are now better than RCCL and I'm a LOYAL TO ROYAL. They need to fire their marketing team and get in the game with ads and with marketing one of their most profitable items...beverages!!!

The way I read post #16 is you can refill as many times as you like for the rest of the cruise.

That is correct. You just take it to any bar for a refill. I saw a lady fill hers at the Schooner Bar.

The initial price is higher because it includes purchase of the cooler. As long as the program is in place, you can even pack it on future cruises, and keep getting the refills. At least, that's the way a cocktail server explained it to me.

Found a similiar deal tonight..only you received 6 bottles instead of 8 and they came in a cardboard holder (non-insulated)..not bad...6 bottles for $5.48.

Nobody is saying there is a gas station / c-store oboard :rolleyes: that you can get beer at those prices. But it is nice there is a way to save a few bucks. The couple we travel with we will probably split one 4 bud and 4 bud lights and rotate who buys.

Why do people have to come on a thread about a subject and jump in with smartass remarks. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize beer and drinks are high but it is what it is. I Know that when I book a cruise but if I can save a few dollars while onboard I am up for that as well.:);)

That is correct. You just take it to any bar for a refill. I saw a lady fill hers at the Schooner Bar.

The initial price is higher because it includes purchase of the cooler. As long as the program is in place, you can even pack it on future cruises, and keep getting the refills. At least, that's the way a cocktail server explained it to me.

Thats cool , if it holds up shouldn't take up much room in a suitcase. :)

On one of our cruises, we were sitting around the pool deck in the evening. I purchased a bucket of beer, thinking I was getting one extra free beer tossed in for buying a bucket. Got the receipt, sat sipping the beer and realized there was zip...no extra beer...no discount of any kind and I was a little bummed. Didn't buy the bucket the rest of the cruise because there was no advantage whatsoever. While this is still not a WOW what a Deal moment, it's at least better than nothing at all and would at least be a start. It's like the DOD....$8.95 for a drink I might not even like...what's the incentive? I can get the drink of my choice for the same price..sometimes even cheaper. If you advertise a DOD, make it the "bargain" drink. Maybe I don't feel like a "yellow bird" on Tuesday. Maybe I feel like a Pina Colada. Why order the Yellow Bird because it's the DOD if it's not at a discount price? Who are these people that do the marketing? Must be the same folks that decided to ditch the recognizeable music for the RCCL commercials with "Get Out There" as the theme for the boring, "Nation of Why Not..." Carnival's commercials are now better than RCCL and I'm a LOYAL TO ROYAL. They need to fire their marketing team and get in the game with ads and with marketing one of their most profitable items...beverages!!!

Are all DOD's 8.95 now or is that with the specialty glass. Can't you get it cheaper in a regular glass if you ask.

I have said the same thing over and over , there lack creativity . I realize we are stuck on the ship . But marketing sells. Our roll call loves this whole beer cooler thing. It seems most of the people on the thread like it. Now do something for non beer drinkers. I mean they complain they are not making money but seem to do the same ole thing day in and out in the bar area.

Does the choices include Bud Lime? Does anyone know your choices?

My guess is that it would be domestics... Bud, Bud Light, Bud Select, Michelob Ultra, Miller Lite, MGD, Michelob Light, Coors Light, and Smirnoff Ice are the choices according to the bar menu I saw. If you don't like light beer, I hope you like Budweiser or Miller Genuine Draft.

Sounds great, can you get the cans rather than the bottles as the bottles don't hold much?
They are the 16 oz. aluminum bottles. They avoid glass as much as possible. Not sure what you are talking about ..... standard beer cans AND standard beer bottles are both 12 ounces.

By the way, love the 'new' bucket concept. We purchase "by the bucket" all the time, regardless of the discount. They did "steal" one of my cruise secrets by including a bottle opener. We always tucked an opener in our pool bag and had one for our cabin. This way you can have them leave the caps on, take beers back to your cabin and reice. For those that might not know -- the aluminum bottle caps DO NOT twist off! :D

I love this idea. We are on the Radiance the end of September. I hope they have this deal on her by that time. RC, if you are reading this, make this fleet wide and do it quickly.

It would make me think that maybe I really don't have to smuggle...

Does the choices include Bud Lime? Does anyone know your choices?

I believe the OP said any beer you wanted except Fosters , which is a 25oz. can. Domestics come in the 16 oz. aluminum bottle and the others are 12 oz I believe.

I love this idea. We are on the Radiance the end of September. I hope they have this deal on her by that time. RC, if you are reading this, make this fleet wide and do it quickly.

It would make me think that maybe I really don't have to smuggle...

When you come back let us know. maybe stop by our roll call of the Oct 25th. sailing we are all wanting to try it as well. thx:)

Archived