Princess Secrets they Don't Tell You

philsfun

I have two coupon books, with the coffee card coupons intact, that I would send to someone cruising before the end of the year (at no charge). They expire 12/31/10. Email me at sing2sasathotmail.com if you're intererested.

Sue,

I just sent you an e-mail also. Thanks,

Carole

I have two coupon books, with the coffee card coupons intact, that I would send to someone cruising before the end of the year (at no charge). They expire 12/31/10. Email me at sing2sasathotmail.com if you're intererested.

The coupon books are in the mail to the first two who emailed me. Wish I'd had more to give away. Hope all of you have a great cruise!

Tip your steward when boarding:

We leave a list of things we need,feather pillows, egg crate, wine glasses, robes etc..on our bed,with a note when you have a chance and most importanly a nice tip, we do not except them to go the extra miles w/o getting something for it!!

Please give them time to bring what you have asked for, as the 1st day onboard is their busiest and everyone is asking for something!!!!!

If you bring wine onboard that they sell on ship:

when you bring it to dinning room, if asked tell them it was purchased onboard and you will not have to pay corkage fee..

Also we have paid corkage fees and sometimes they charge once then not again for rest of cruise..just depends on staff on ship. Most of ther time we just buy our wine onbsord unless they don't carry something we like and then of course we pay the corkage fee..

Princess has one of the most reasonably priced wine lists of any other cruise line we have been on. It is one of the reasons we love this line and we can bring our own wine onboard also!

We'll be on the Crown for a New England/Canada trip leaving NYC for Quebec Sept 14, 2011. Anyone have any information on the Elite/Platinum Lounge, during late afternoon/early evening, in Skywalker's?

From a Princess newsletter:

Welcome to the club — The Exclusive Elite Lounge

If you are a Platinum, Elite, or Suite passenger, it’s time you took advantage of the Exclusive Elite Lounge. This dedicated lounge is the perfect location for experienced passengers to interact with one another as well as with the Princess® staff, while sampling complimentary hors d’oeuvres.

A special invitation will be placed in all staterooms of the Platinum, Elite, and Suite passengers upon embarkation. Present your Platinum or Elite cruise card or your Elite Lounge invitation to gain entrance. Then, feel free to enjoy this relaxed atmosphere before making your way to dinner.

Each night, we’ll offer a new food and beverage theme. Although, the prominent feature will always be our famed Antipasti Buffet, which includes many of your favorites. Plus, a cocktail special will be available at a discounted price.

This is an exclusive lounge for our most loyal passengers. It’s open every night, with the exception of the evening of the Princess Captain’s Circle® cocktail party, or other operational restrictions.

The next time you cruise with us, be sure to stop by and satisfy your craving for good food, interesting conversation, and a few laughs.

This might seem rather basic, but the first few cruises I took on Princess, I did not know that the room service for limited breakfast and afternoon fruit were free! Now I always use this service, which is especially helpful on days with early tours. I used to skip breakfast in order to sleep a little later, but now I don't have to. It's also nice to come back from the tour and find fresh fruit in the room. Thank you Princess!:)

when you bring it to dinning room, if asked tell them it was purchased onboard and you will not have to pay corkage fee.!

If the wine is a brand carried onboard there should be no fee.

If you did not buy it onboard they will know. :rolleyes:

So, basically, just lie.

So you bring in your bottle of wine and they ask for corkage. You say, "I bought through Princess". Comfirmation call to purser to confirm and the purser said not purchased on board. Do you really want the confrontation? What you are attempting to accomplish is basically theft of services. :mad:Maybe you catch the captain in a bad mood and he throws you off the ship. What next, taking the towels? Kick a cat? Knock an old lady down? Lie on your mortgage loan?:mad:

Stealing robs us all.:mad:

So you bring in your bottle of wine and they ask for corkage. You say, "I bought through Princess". Comfirmation call to purser to confirm and the purser said not purchased on board. Do you really want the confrontation? What you are attempting to accomplish is basically theft of services. :mad:Maybe you catch the captain in a bad mood and he throws you off the ship. What next, taking the towels? Kick a cat? Knock an old lady down? Lie on your mortgage loan?:mad:

Are you paranoid? The worst that could happen is that they find out you didn't buy it on the ship & add the corkage fee and that can be blamed on the waiters misinterpretation. The next thing you'll be saying is people who carry their glass of wine into the dining room should be charged. Some difference to me.

btw- the towels are nothing to bring home. Much to rough for my taste.

I'll bet you don't approve of Rumrunners either. :rolleyes:

The wine has to exactly match the label (including vintage) carried on board. And if it exactly matches (and one can only know that if one can compare it with the ship wine), the waiter will not even ask. If it is close but not exactly matches, the waiter will ask. And you can "avoid" the corkage with your claim but the waiter knows!

We have often taken wines that are from the same winery and vintage but a higher end wine -- say a Special Reserve Kendall Jackson. We just tell the waiter it is not from the ship list to avoid bothering the waiter to look up the wine list. But then one sees so many posts on how to save a few bucks.

when you bring it to dinning room, if asked tell them it was purchased onboard and you will not have to pay corkage fee..

Why are you replying to my post? I was pointing out that it was

lying.

Why are you replying to my post? I was pointing out that it was

lying.

Pablo,

I just wanted to use your phrase about the lying part, that is all...Please take no offense.

" 1 HappyCruiser"

No, not paranoid, was simply pointing out the possible consequences of one's actions. Yes, I do not agree with rum runners. JMHO, when one enters into a place of business and the business has rules and standards one should honor. Don't turn this into a flame war!

I Love Princess and DH will not cruise anybody else,,, because they let me bring a couple of bottles of wine on,, a case of Diet Pepsi's, and some bottle water and they let me get as many beach towels I like with out scaning my card and not charging me $25.00 per towel if I do not check them back in because I forgot and left them in my cabin..free ice cream...warm cookies and milk at 4 around the pool..so if I pay a $15.00 fee to cork it outside my cabin so be it...now no other cruise line except for Princess is so good to us. I hope we can keep it that way

Tip your steward when boarding:

We leave a list of things we need,feather pillows, egg crate, wine glasses, robes etc..on our bed,with a note when you have a chance and most importanly a nice tip, we do not except them to go the extra miles w/o getting something for it!!

Please give them time to bring what you have asked for, as the 1st day onboard is their busiest and everyone is asking for something!!!!!

Also we have paid corkage fees and sometimes they charge once then not again for rest of cruise..just depends on staff on ship. Most of ther time we just buy our wine onbsord unless they don't carry something we like and then of course we pay the corkage fee..

Princess has one of the most reasonably priced wine lists of any other cruise line we have been on. It is one of the reasons we love this line and we can bring our own wine onboard also!

what do you consider a good tip?

Anyone know how MUCH wine may be brought onboard? We are a group of three who like to celebrate port departures by sharing a bottle of champagne. May we each bring a bottle aboard at embarkation? Can we get more at the ports we visit? We're planning a 10 day NYC to Quebec cruise with 7 port calls.

Archived