Princess Secrets they Don't Tell You

philsfun

I agree with you about the coffee but I think it is a pain to have to go to the IC to get my coffee and then up to the buffet. Maybe bringing my own travel mug would make that easier. Anyone else have an idea?

Thank you,

Patti

I agree with you about the coffee but I think it is a pain to have to go to the IC to get my coffee and then up to the buffet. Maybe bringing my own travel mug would make that easier. Anyone else have an idea?

Thank you,

Patti

We just did the travel mug thing. Got us a little exercise before breakfast:)

Does anyone know if there are safes in the cabins? Do they work off credit cards or do you choose a pin? On the last VCarnival cruise I was on, they had the type you need a credit card. In that case bring an old unused card.

Every cabin has a small safe. Each time you close it, you enter a four digit PIN which then must be used to open it.

After it locks, the PIN you entered is displayed briefly so you can be sure what you entered.

Thank you,

Patti

Travel mug is the way to go.....:):):)

Bob

Thank you,

Patti

I just got back from the NE & Canada cruise on the Caribbean Princess, and was on the same ship in May for the Caribbean, and I have to say: the room service and buffet coffee, while still far from great, has certainly improved significantly sometime in the interim! I still definitely prefer the coffee from the IC, but the regular stuff is at least drinkable now, which is nice if you're like me and need a cup just to get out of your cabin in the morning. ;) The friend who went with me isn't as picky about coffee as I am and thought the coffee from the buffet was just fine. NO ONE thought that on my last cruise. I imagine that they won't improve it any more than this because they'd lose money, but they probably got enough complaints that they figured they should do something. I wonder if anyone has noticed an improvement on any of the other ships? Since it must have been pretty recent, maybe they haven't gotten to all of them yet...

I just got back from the NE & Canada cruise on the Caribbean Princess, and was on the same ship in May for the Caribbean, and I have to say: the room service and buffet coffee, while still far from great, has certainly improved significantly sometime in the interim! I still definitely prefer the coffee from the IC, but the regular stuff is at least drinkable now, which is nice if you're like me and need a cup just to get out of your cabin in the morning. ;) The friend who went with me isn't as picky about coffee as I am and thought the coffee from the buffet was just fine. NO ONE thought that on my last cruise. I imagine that they won't improve it any more than this because they'd lose money, but they probably got enough complaints that they figured they should do something. I wonder if anyone has noticed an improvement on any of the other ships? Since it must have been pretty recent, maybe they haven't gotten to all of them yet...

I thought I noticed an improvement in May on the Diamond Princess.

Currently trading at 39.27. $4000 is a lot to spend for $100 OBC, but who knows where it will go.

For those who own stock, when did Carnival acquire Princess and what has the stock done since?

NEW YORK (AP) -- Cruise ship operators Carnival Corp. and Royal Caribbean will see a better year next year on improving industry business in Europe and higher ticket pricing, an analyst said Monday as she released a more optimistic outlook on the companies.

THE OPINION: Barclays Capital analyst Felicia Hendrix upgraded both companies to "1-Overweight" from "2-Equal weight" and increased her earnings estimates. She also raised her target share price to $52 from $43 for Carnival and to $46 from $36 for Royal Caribbean.

The recession hit both companies hard, dampening demand, and they cut prices in response.

But Hendrix said the industry is shifting more toward European trips in 2011, which command higher prices. Industry wide, she estimates Europe trips will grow 26.3 percent next year, compared with a 0.5 percent drop for the Caribbean.

"The higher ticket prices and longer booking curves generated by the European product bode well for yields next year," she said.

She also said both prices and demand rose in the last quarter

NEW YORK (AP) -- Cruise ship operators Carnival Corp. and Royal Caribbean will see a better year next year on improving industry business in Europe and higher ticket pricing, an analyst said Monday as she released a more optimistic outlook on the companies.

THE OPINION: Barclays Capital analyst Felicia Hendrix upgraded both companies to "1-Overweight" from "2-Equal weight" and increased her earnings estimates. She also raised her target share price to $52 from $43 for Carnival and to $46 from $36 for Royal Caribbean.

The recession hit both companies hard, dampening demand, and they cut prices in response.

But Hendrix said the industry is shifting more toward European trips in 2011, which command higher prices. Industry wide, she estimates Europe trips will grow 26.3 percent next year, compared with a 0.5 percent drop for the Caribbean.

"The higher ticket prices and longer booking curves generated by the European product bode well for yields next year," she said.

She also said both prices and demand rose in the last quarter

Thanks for sending the article. I've been watching for the last week or so and everything I've read shows promise.

If a person does own 100+ shares, how does Princess know? Is there a place on the "My Princess" that you're supposed to make note of it, or is there a computer cross check of some kind?

If a person does own 100+ shares, how does Princess know? Is there a place on the "My Princess" that you're supposed to make note of it, or is there a computer cross check of some kind?

After final payment, you need to fax or e-mail proof of ownership to Princess. E-mail address is shareholderbenefit@princesscruises.com

Proof is either a copy of a recent purchase of the stock or a copy of recent monthly statement from your broker listing the ownership.

When I cruise now, I take Starbuck Via coffee with me and just supplement the Princess coffee with a half or full package of the Via.

Works for me as I like bold, strong but not bitter coffee.:p

Do they have a hot water spigot near the coffee in the buffet?

Just might try that Via...DW wants to bring some tea also.

:confused::confused:

I'm a little confused. Everywhere on this board I read that bringing wine on board is permissible and even states this in the cruise contract. I know other lines don't allow it but in all my research as a Princess newbie I've read that you can bring wine, champagne, soda/pop, or water on board, per Princess. I don't want to start a big debate about that here, just looking for soemone to confirmthis, as there are now 2 posts by seperate posters joking about "who would ever bring wine onboard?"

Just want to clear it up for us newbs - also it might be considered a tip/secret to some! :)

It is perfectly ok for you to bring a bottle or two per person onboard. We carry it right on and it is ok for you to buy it in port as well. Just put it in your bag and carry it on with you. No problem and never any questions asked. Now if you were to try and drag on cases of the wine, you may get a question about it. We are Elite on Princess and have brought wine on every cruise. No problems ever. Enjoy!;)

Archived