Princess Secrets they Don't Tell You

philsfun

They do have self serve laundry and irons on every deck. sometimes in the front, sometimes toward the aft
W

This depends on the ship. We said on Pacific Princess, one of the smaller ships, and there is ONE self serve laundry on the ship and it is on deck 7. The hours are limited too.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for your contributions to this great thread. I will be taking my first ever cruise with my 10 year old daughter next month on the Golden and the info on this site is invaluable!

I have read in earlier posts on this thread that there are coupons to get two coffee punch cards for the price of one. Do these coupons still exist? If so how do I go about getting one?

Victoria from Victoria, BC

Hopefully someone sailing soon and taking more then one bottle will come back and post how strict this rule is!!

On our cruise in September in Alaska we had more than one bottle of wine, and they did not say anything.

I have read in earlier posts on this thread that there are coupons to get two coffee punch cards for the price of one. Do these coupons still exist? If so how do I go about getting one?

They no longer exist. They used to be part of a coupon book that was in the cabin.

Guest seagreenamy
About the tip of the egg foam mattress topper.....can't remember what post it was but said to fax in your request.....wrote that all down but how far in advance or close to your sailing should you do it???

Thank you very much! And thank you everyone for all these great tips! This will be our first time on Princess and they have been so helpful.:)

You don't need to fax in anything regarding the egg crate....just ask your room steward when you first meet. They go quick that first night!

I haven't checked this out yet, but I was just told by my TA that the little waves on the carpet face forward.

I never noticed that! But I was taught by my friend's husband who sailed with the Canadian Navy that the carpets on the port side of the ship have red/pink in the waves, and the starboard have blue. Makes it easier to figure out which direction to go in when you get to your floor, as you just look for the carpet colour. No need to look on the deck sign by each of the elevators to see if you are heading for port or starboard.

Also, we noticed on the Golden that the carpet outside the elevators had the floor number on it. I can't remember if this was just the centre elevators or at the other elevators as well. Strangely the 8th floor didn't. I wonder if this carpet had been replaced?

On the ships I have been on recently (Golden and Caribbean) the deck signs showed where the laundromat was located on each floor.

• 1 month later...

So some info is pretty dated.

Anyone have an current info about drink specials? like happy hour? I'm thinking that there is only the drink of the day it is only discounted about one dollar?

Are wine packages available on all ships? Are they advertized so you know they are available?

Can you still make special request for food the next night? Escargot? Souffle?

Can you do that with anytime dining?

thanks to all who share their knowledge!

Here is a summary one of the CC did about 1-1 /2 years ago from all the posts that have been made. If a CC members want to read through and suggest changes or add updates may make it easier to make changes and do a new list and then start a new post with more current secrets from princess.

Summary Review from Secrets Princess does not tell you.doc

So some info is pretty dated.

Anyone have an current info about drink specials? like happy hour? I'm thinking that there is only the drink of the day it is only discounted about one dollar?In Dec, they still had drink specials. It was at various bars. You often had to ask if they had the special. It's listed in the patter, what the drink of the day is. I think it was about $4.99 a drink.

Are wine packages available on all ships? Are they advertized so you know they are available? not sure

Can you still make special request for food the next night? Escargot? Souffle?You can make requests, including specialty dining. On a 7 night cruise, they have gotten a bit more stingy with the requests for Escargot. Most anything else is a go. I find each ship, depending on the maitre 'd, varies re: requests and specialty things that come out for repeat customers

Can you do that with anytime dining?

thanks to all who share their knowledge!

linda

I never noticed that! But I was taught by my friend's husband who sailed with the Canadian Navy that the carpets on the port side of the ship have red/pink in the waves, and the starboard have blue. Makes it easier to figure out which direction to go in when you get to your floor, as you just look for the carpet colour. No need to look on the deck sign by each of the elevators to see if you are heading for port or starboard.

Also, we noticed on the Golden that the carpet outside the elevators had the floor number on it. I can't remember if this was just the centre elevators or at the other elevators as well. Strangely the 8th floor didn't. I wonder if this carpet had been replaced?

On the ships I have been on recently (Golden and Caribbean) the deck signs showed where the laundromat was located on each floor.

One way to remember the port nd starboard is if you are facing the front, port side is left. Port and left both have four letters

One mini bar can be traded back in for two Coffee Cards (as of March 2013 on the Crown Princess). Call Room Service; the Passenger Services Desk was unaware of the exchange program.

That's great

Do they date the card for that voyage

Also at the repeat cruiser's parties can you order a drink from the bar or are you limited to ones being served?

Thanks.

On some ships you can order what you want. On others, you cannot. Not sure what determines which occurs.

One mini bar can be traded back in for two Coffee Cards (as of March 2013 on the Crown Princess). Call Room Service; the Passenger Services Desk was unaware of the exchange program.

As with some other policies, so far this has been allowed on some of the ships and not allowed on some others.

Also at the repeat cruiser's parties can you order a drink from the bar or are you limited to ones being served?

Thanks.

We were on the Caribbean Princess (lowly second-time Princess cruisers), and rather than give us drinks, they gave us a coupon good for a complimentary drink to be used any time during the voyage. I really liked that.

There will be a returning cruisers party - free cocktails/mocktails and Hors d'oeuvres. They come by with a tray of drinks - champagne, wine, martini's, whiskey sours, daiquiri's and fruit punch. My understanding is you can go back to the bar in the room where the party is being hosted and order a drink. Generally there is orchestra music and dancing on stage, then a welcome back opening by the cruise director and introduction of some or all major crew - captain, etc. You will be one of many many people in the room so it's easier to go in and accept what they are offering, visit with who you are sitting next to and not expect it to be a very personalized experience. Depending on the cruise director this could be prior to early or late dining on the first formal night or something more casual later in the cruise. You will get an invitation in your cabin with the date and time either way.

Archived