New Kindle Wi-Fi....I can put all my cruise info on it!

I ordered the new K3 wifi for my DH last week. Have not gotten an email yet on delivery date. Called CS (who was soooo nice) and she said they are not mailing out email till right before they ship. Is this what anyone has experiencing??

Laura

Laura, I ordered my Kindle 3 on August 2, and got the standard 'We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date for this item' response. The only email I received was on August 27 saying it had shipped. I got the Kindle on August 31. Btw, the date they were predicting the day I ordered was 'on or before September 5' I believe.

Laura, I ordered my Kindle 3 on August 2, and got the standard 'We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date for this item' response. The only email I received was on August 27 saying it had shipped. I got the Kindle on August 31. Btw, the date they were predicting the day I ordered was 'on or before September 5' I believe.

Lisa,

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! This is what I was wondering. Now I know what to be looking for or not looking not.

Laura

Lisa,

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! This is what I was wondering. Now I know what to be looking for or not looking not.

Laura

You're welcome, you're welcome, you're welcome!!! ;)

Love my new Kindle! :)

I've had the Kindle 2 for a little over a year and love it! I'm considering giving it to my DH and ordering the newer $189 version for myself. If I do so, is there a way to transfer over my books from my original Kindle to my new one?

Jo-Ann

Yes you can. There are step by step instructions on amazon kindle site. I was checking them out before I bought my DH the new one.

Laura

Kindle 3 is the first Kindle to be sold in the UK. I have had it since Wednesday and love it. Just finished my first book. It really is just like reading a book. Almost to the point I have tried turning my Kindle in the cover (duh).

So far I am so happy with it.

I know what you mean. It really is easy to read, especially since you can quickly adjust the font, the size of the font, the line spacing, and even the spacing of the words on each line.

Glad you are able to buy one in the UK now. I can't believe I waited so long to get one!

Kindle 3 is the first Kindle to be sold in the UK. I have had it since Wednesday and love it. Just finished my first book. It really is just like reading a book. Almost to the point I have tried turning my Kindle in the cover (duh).

So far I am so happy with it.

Btw, I assume you've read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society? Great book! :)

I ordered the new K3 wifi for my DH last week. Have not gotten an email yet on delivery date. Called CS (who was soooo nice) and she said they are not mailing out email till right before they ship. Is this what anyone has experiencing??

Laura

I was notified yesterday (Sept. 3) that my Kindle had shipped and to expect it around Sept. 8th. When I ordered it (Aug. 7th) the estimated ship date was Sept, 7th, so it looks like they are a few days ahead of schedule.

I already received the cover, I purchased the one with the built in reading light. I'll let you all know how I like it in a week or so :)

I haven't actually. I have just added it now.

Whenever I mention I am from Guernsey it is mentioned to me so I have to read it now.

Some friends and I started a book club last year and this was one of the first books we read. We all really enjoyed it. Hope you do, too!

It is a wonderful book. I laughed and I cried.

I am thinking of getting a Kindle, but know no one who has one. I would really love to hold and use one before buying.

Target carries the Kindle. Have you looked at one there? Unfortunately the model on display may not actually be a working model, but it is a starting point.

I was in my Target yesterday and they still had the Kindle 2 on display. Said they expected the Kindle 3's next week.

When I was in the market for a reader I went to Target. I looked at the Kindle and the Sony Reader. I asked if I could bring the device back if I did not like it. The answer was "yes". So, I took home the Sony reader, charged it, downloaded a free book and worked with it for 2 days. I did not like it, so I took it back, no questions asked, and then brought home the Kindle 2. I LOVED IT! I still have it, almost 3 months now, I have about 58 books on it, Audible and read it yourself. I can use the AUX outlet in my car and listen to the Audio books thru my car stero, (love it for the long commute!) and then switch to a "regular reading" book when I am at work for lunch and breaks. You can have more than 1 book going at a time and you can also sync them between the Kindle, your PC and your 3 G phone. You would never be without a reader or your books! As far as I am concerned this is a great little machine. I have emailed to my Kindle and I have pictures on it as well. I am planning to download some music next. The storage is huge.

Thanks for the info. I thought you could only get it from Amazon. We don't have Target in Nova Scotia though. I've checked online and it is not in any retail store in Canada. I'll have to put out feelers to find someone who has one.

Oops! Didn't notice you are from Canada. Sorry! :o (Also didn't know Canada doesn't have any Targets. Too bad....I really like Target for buying certain things.)

Definitely find a friend who has a Kindle and play with it for a while. I believe you will be impressed! And if you know anyone with a Nook or Sony do your own comparisons. I love my Kindle but everyone has different needs and preferences.

It is a wonderful book. I laughed and I cried.

I am thinking of getting a Kindle, but know no one who has one. I would really love to hold and use one before buying.

Remember too that Amazon has a 30-day return policy. You would have to pay for it, obviously, but you can play with it for 30 days and if you don't like it, send it back for a full refund.

I was notified yesterday (Sept. 3) that my Kindle had shipped and to expect it around Sept. 8th. When I ordered it (Aug. 7th) the estimated ship date was Sept, 7th, so it looks like they are a few days ahead of schedule.

I already received the cover, I purchased the one with the built in reading light. I'll let you all know how I like it in a week or so :)

That is great news!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed that it will come early, even by a day.;)

Laura

Thanks everyone. I think the return policy is the deal maker. Now can I wait till Christmas? Hmmm.

I know I could not. So if you do break down and get one before Christmas you need to come back on and tell us all that you got one!

Laura

I highly recommend the newest Kindle. I am a retired high school librarian, and I did not think I would like an e-reader. My husband bought the Kindle 3 for me as a birthday gift. I cannot put it down!!! From thinking I absolutely NEEDED a book in my hand, I have been converted. He purchased this gift for our cruise needs so I would not pack so many books (heavy) in our limited luggage. Now I just put the kindle in my purse and I'm good to go. He also purchased the cover with the built in book light. LOVE it too!!! He can sleep and I can still read. Life is good with a new Kindle. ;)

Archived