Fake Eye Lashes question!

ryzmom

Has anyone tried wearing fake eye lashes? Can you give me any tips on what brand to buy and where to buy them? I want to try them so bad because my friend had them on the other day and she looked beautiful with them on her eyes and they looked so natural.

Thanks for the input girls! ;)

I don't wear them but my DD(13) does for dance competitions and I am the one who puts them on her. We purchase her's at Walgreens and they are style number 53 which I think fit her nicely without any need to trim and not to overwhelming. The trick is to use just a thin line of glue on the lashes and let it set on them a couple of seconds before applying to the lid. I always start from the outside of her lashes and move inward when applying to the lid. They are not that expensive to pick up a pair and try them out to see what you think.

Has anyone tried wearing fake eye lashes? Can you give me any tips on what brand to buy and where to buy them? I want to try them so bad because my friend had them on the other day and she looked beautiful with them on her eyes and they looked so natural.

Thanks for the input girls! ;)

Sounds like you should ask your friend since you saw hers in person.;)

Bought my first false lashes a few weeks ago, and boy what a difference they make - instant eyelift without the pain or the cost!! I played it safe and got the ones that fit on the outer part of your eye only to see how I got on, love them so much going to go and buy a full pair now. They are made by Mac and I'm sure you will be able to get them pretty much in any country. Give them a go, sure you will love them.;)

I did ask her and she said she got hers at Wal-mart for cheap and that she loved them and then she had to go. So, that's all I got out of the conversation, cause she was in a hurry. That's why I wanted to see if anyone on here had tried them to get a better sense out of it.

Bought my first false lashes a few weeks ago, and boy what a difference they make - instant eyelift without the pain or the cost!! I played it safe and got the ones that fit on the outer part of your eye only to see how I got on, love them so much going to go and buy a full pair now. They are made by Mac and I'm sure you will be able to get them pretty much in any country. Give them a go, sure you will love them.;)

Thanks Glammy Grammy for your tips!!! I will give them a try. Where did you by yours made by Mac - Macy's or a major department store or like Target or something?

I used to have to use them for dance/stage events....hated them! They always felt "heavy" (even tho they're not at all!)...I preferred the little triplet lashes...they just felt lighter. But, they're hard to apply, I think....perhaps my hand isn't steady enough!

Try them at home, so you can get the "hang" of it!

It takes about 16 weeks to get full impact, but well worth the wait!!! It's as easy as applying eyeliner and for me has no side effects. People comment on how long my eyelashes are now and before they were super skimpy!!! The ad says that each container will last about 4 weeks, but I find that it easily lasts 6-8 weeks.

The best part is that your lashes look beautiful and long day, night, swimming, etc! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

This question brought back memories and I had to laugh. I had put on the little triplet lashes for a semi-formal banquet for my dh's work. They were easy to put on, felt really light and looked really nice. This woman sitting across from me kept looking at me a little strangely and finally leaned over and quietly said she didn't want to embarrass me but something was on my cheeks. I went to the restroom and looked in the mirror and just about died. My fake eyelashes were falling off and laying on my cheeks.:eek: Which that also meant I had gaps on my own eye lashes where the fake ones had been. The only thing I could do was take all of them off. I don't know if I didn't put them on right, if they were rubbing on my glasses or what. I would like to find something to use for our cruise but I'm a little hesitant, so maybe someone will post really good ideas on here. The professional extensions are just a little too expensive and I keep picturing them on my cheeks, and I'm a little leery of latisse because not everyone has a good reaction too it. So good luck and if someone does have a really good product please let everyone know. Have a good one, Sue

It takes about 16 weeks to get full impact, but well worth the wait!!! It's as easy as applying eyeliner and for me has no side effects. People comment on how long my eyelashes are now and before they were super skimpy!!! The ad says that each container will last about 4 weeks, but I find that it easily lasts 6-8 weeks.

The best part is that your lashes look beautiful and long day, night, swimming, etc! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I have been using the non-prescription Li-Lash and am quite honestly astounded by the results! From almost no lashes to long full lashes .. I noticed some results starting at about 4 weeks and after 2 months it was amazing. Much cheaper than the Latisse and no prescription needed. Has not bothered my eyes at all. I use it just before I go to bed.

I have been using the non-prescription Li-Lash and am quite honestly astounded by the results! From almost no lashes to long full lashes .. I noticed some results starting at about 4 weeks and after 2 months it was amazing. Much cheaper than the Latisse and no prescription needed. Has not bothered my eyes at all. I use it just before I go to bed.

Where could I get some information on this product? I would like to run it by my opthomologist first but would like to have the info to take with me. Thanks in advance, Sue

I did ask her and she said she got hers at Wal-mart for cheap and that she loved them and then she had to go. So, that's all I got out of the conversation, cause she was in a hurry. That's why I wanted to see if anyone on here had tried them to get a better sense out of it.

i had better luck with them when i was younger for parties and such...i dont have the patience now, but do want to try them again

ask your fren what the brand was...they have several and then get her to show you how to use, specially since you saw hers and loved--GOOD LUCK!

I think the key with false eyelashes is to match the intensity of the rest of your make-up. For dance performances and competitions I wear very very heavy stage make-up. Black eye shadow, red blush and bright red lipstick. My every day look is much more natural and my formal evening look is some where in between. I would suggest the "Demi-Wisps" style of lashes, and just from the middle of your pupil out. You can cut the lashes to fit from the corner to the center of you pupil. Make sure the lashes don't go past the corner of your eye, or they will make the ends of your eyes look like they are drooping.

First I trim the lashes to fit, then I apply my eye make up I usually line my eye, do the light colors on the lid and on the brown bone, and then the darker color in the corner and crease. Then I apply the lashes to the outer part the the lash line.

Good luck and I hope you feel beautiful in your eye lashes.

Where could I get some information on this product? I would like to run it by my opthomologist first but would like to have the info to take with me. Thanks in advance, Sue

Google Li-Lash. I did discuss it with my Dr. who sells Latisse and he said it was fine, but I do think it is a good idea to ask.

Try the Ardell individual knot-free lashes. (They are actually little clusters.) I get them at Sally's Beauty Supply, but I have seen them at drug stores and Wal Mart. You have several options with the single lashes: you can apply your regular mascara and use them to fill in the skimpy places; you can apply them only at the outer corners where your lashes are naturally longer; OR you can apply a full set. I buy the short ones and apply about 12 per eye. Because they are individual, if one drops off, it is not noticeable. A full set of lashes lasts at least two weeks! I sleep in them, shower in them, swim in them and never have to worry about needing eye makeup. I have worn them for years and because they look so natural, my best friend didn't even know it until I let her in on my secret. It takes a little practice to get used to applying them, but it is so worth it. Good luck!

I do professional belly dance and false eyelashes are must for being on stage. And if you don't want to do that use these lengthening mascaras and Maybelline Stiletto, Colossal V0lume(I use both of those) and xxl pro extensions. cover girl, Revlon, loreal have equivalent. Also anything by Mac cosmetics.

good luck on your quest

I just recently bought Lilash myself about two weeks ago, cant wait to see how wekk it works, 9 weeks before cruise so hopefully they will grow before then!!

I just recently bought Lilash myself about two weeks ago, cant wait to see how wekk it works, 9 weeks before cruise so hopefully they will grow before then!!

I'm using latisse, but I understand the lilash works too. Just stick with it. Even with the perscription strength it took about 16 weeks to get the full effect. You won't regret it. Your eyelashes get really long, but you do have to get into the habit to make it part of your daily routine.

I'm using latisse, but I understand the lilash works too. Just stick with it. Even with the perscription strength it took about 16 weeks to get the full effect. You won't regret it. Your eyelashes get really long, but you do have to get into the habit to make it part of your daily routine.

Thanks! i sure will stick with it!!

You will find hundreds. Search for pixiwoo, tiffany or kandee johnson. They are makeup artists and do great videos. I can apply lashses now faster than mascara. Or if you have a sephora or Mac counter they will apply them for you at no charge if you buy them there. Only use Duo glue. I like Ardell #53 for me.

Good luck!!

I don't know what brand they are but I use the clusters and put two clusters on the outer rim of my eye. I wear them just about every day.

Every once in a while I'll wear a full set but they feel too heavy.

I would not wear them with glasses. I'm sure that is why the previous poster's fell off.

I'm not familiar with LiLash, but I can recommend Lipocils Expert by Talika.

It works really well and is non-prescription. Didn't irritate my eyes at all and my lashes grew longer and thicker in about 8 weeks.

http://www.talika.com/

Next week I'm going to have the individual lashes glued on - the ones that are permanent and don't come off until the natural lash falls out. I had it done about 2 years ago and it was incredible. I can't wait to do it again. No mascara (except for underneath) for months and it's great to wake up looking like I have makeup on!

I"m having it done by Courtney Akai here in NY. She's one of the best! Look at the before/after pix on her site.

http://www.courtneyakai.com/

I'm not familiar with LiLash, but I can recommend Lipocils Expert by Talika.

It works really well and is non-prescription. Didn't irritate my eyes at all and my lashes grew longer and thicker in about 8 weeks.

http://www.talika.com/

Next week I'm going to have the individual lashes glued on - the ones that are permanent and don't come off until the natural lash falls out. I had it done about 2 years ago and it was incredible. I can't wait to do it again. No mascara (except for underneath) for months and it's great to wake up looking like I have makeup on!

I"m having it done by Courtney Akai here in NY. She's one of the best! Look at the before/after pix on her site.

http://www.courtneyakai.com/

Wow! Those look great! How long does it take to get in?

I have glued the individual lashes on several times now and I cannot imagine my eyes different. They look so great and no need for mascara or cosmetics remover (unless you use eye shadows, liner etc.). "Wake-up and go" look all the time.

These lashes takes me only an hour every 5-6 weeks and here in Latvia costs only 20$.

I can strongly advise this solution and definetely will have them on my next cruise in November.

Archived