Does anyone know the answer?

woodley

I have an independant tour booked in Belize which is a tender port for the Dream. I was told by the company I am using to let Carnival know I have a tour booked and they will let me on the first tenders leaving the ship with all the Carnival shore excursions.

I find this hard to believe as on previous cruises, carnival shore excursion are always off the ship first on tender ports.

Does anyone know what happens and how tender tickets are distributed?

Also what time should I anticipate getting on shore in belize.

Thanks

I can't imagine that will be true. When I was there, the tender boats loaded in the order people get off the ship. Carnival excursions sometimes meet in one of the theaters and get off the ship together. I would just get in line for the gangway early. Good luck! :)

Tender tickets are normally handed out in the show lounge. Get there early and you will get on one of the early tenders. Also, talk to the crew member handing out the tickets and explain your situation; chances are he will see that you get on a tender with the Carnival excursions. If you are a VIP for any reason, just mention it when boarding a tender and you will be accommodated.

I have an independant tour booked in Belize which is a tender port for the Dream. I was told by the company I am using to let Carnival know I have a tour booked and they will let me on the first tenders leaving the ship with all the Carnival shore excursions.

I find this hard to believe as on previous cruises, carnival shore excursion are always off the ship first on tender ports.

Thanks

We are doing an independent excursion as well and was emailed the same information. Hoping someone can clue us in on this. (our excursion is the cave tubing)

Thanks

In the past I have notified the staff that I had an early excursion and they got me on one of the first tenders... not the first but perhaps the third or fourth.

I'd expect that you'll be OK but be sure to talk to one of the staff members when you gather for tender operations...

:)

We too had a private tour booked and needed to get ashore a.s.a.p. I went to the tender ticket line and told the person handing out tickets that we had a private tour and needed to get off the ship and it was "no problem". I was handed the four tickets we needed and off to the tenders we went.

Yes they let you on an early tender.

We went cave tubing with Major Tom. Went to where they were meeting for early tenders for people who booked shore excursions. We told them we had an early excursion booked with a private company and they let us on the tender.

I know a lot of people say they do not do this, but I am guessing they just listened to the instructions that were being announced and did not actually go to someone and explain the situation to them.

I think what they mean by "first tenders" is that you want to get on the "excursion" tenders vs the "on shore at your own pace to shop/dine" tenders.

This is what my email confirmation for my Belize excursion says:

NOTE: 2 groups of tenders leave the ship – TAKE THE FIRST GROUP OF TENDERS WHICH MOVE ALL GUESTS ON TOUR, (Even independents, if you are up early, bright eyed and bushy tailed)

A second GROUP of tenders MUCH later, DISEMBARK those guests not touring, just “walking ashore”. You do NOT want those.

We did the cave tubing in belize and needed an early tender. DH and I just arrived in the lounge 15 minutes prior to when they say to start arriving for tenders. Got our tender tickets and were on the first tender to port. We didn't have to say anything extra.

LOVED the cave tubing, Hope you have a great time!!!

I think what they mean by "first tenders" is that you want to get on the "excursion" tenders vs the "on shore at your own pace to shop/dine" tenders.

This is what my email confirmation for my Belize excursion says:

NOTE: 2 groups of tenders leave the ship – TAKE THE FIRST GROUP OF TENDERS WHICH MOVE ALL GUESTS ON TOUR, (Even independents, if you are up early, bright eyed and bushy tailed)

A second GROUP of tenders MUCH later, DISEMBARK those guests not touring, just “walking ashore”. You do NOT want those.

I think this just means that people with a reason to get off early because of excursions are going to be the first trying to wait to get those tender tickets. If people dont care they usually wait half an hour or so to get on a tender to avoid the rush.

Last time I was in Belize, I told a Carnival employee what was I supposed to do, I was platinum and she walked me down the stairs and into the tender line. I did not even need tender tickets, just show my S&S card.

Keep in mind that being on one of the first tenders is not going to bump you ahead of Carnival excursions. You will be on one of the first tender boats that has room after the Carnival excursions are off the ship.

Really, this will not be a problem for you. Don't stress over it.

We had a group of 30 people, we took the time to meet in a room separate from the show lounge, and then walked to the show lounge to get the tender tickets. No problem.

Just get up, eat breakfast and meet in the spot where tender tickets are being given out (with everyone in your group, ready to go) about 15 minutes before they start handing out tickets. You will be on one of the first tenders a shore. Those tenders are lined up to take you, and they know what they are doing so it will be fine.:D

We did the same and had no problems. We just showed up with the rest of the excursions and left with the Carnival groups. Don't worry if you don't get the first or second tender. They move several hundred people fairly fast and there is always another one in line waiting. Even though we were one of the first ones off and first ones to meet up with our private excursion, we still had to wait about 45 mins to an hour before we left to wait on the rest of the group, some from other ships in port that day. They do this everyday and, believe me, they want you to make it to get your money. It was also a very well organized and fun excursion. Don't worry and have fun.

PS, if you want some souvenirs, look before you leave and get them when you get back. You will not have much time for looking when you get back. Fortunately everything is right there at the docks.

Here's my experience on Carnival Legend.

We had an indy excursion where we flew over to Ambergris Caye for a day of snorkeling.

First the tender ticket process with Carnival. They start handing out tender tickets between 7:30 and 8am in the Follies theater. I arrived about 7:15 as we needed to get off the ship as soon as possible to catch our flight. The Carnival reps showed up about 7:30 and informed me that it would be about 20 minutes till they handed out the stickers. I was the only guest in the Follies. They let me stay and closed the doors and the other guests started lining up outside. A few realized they could go to the balcony seats on deck 3 and walk down the stairs inside the theater so they got in early and the Carnival reps let them stay. At 7:35 the Carnival rep asked me whether I was on a ship sponsored tour and I relpied “no”. He gave me a sticker with a number 4 on it. This is a numerical value only and does NOT represent when you will get off the ship. They will start with a number (4 in this case) and then go in numerical order after that. So it does not mean you will be the 4th group getting off. We went up to the cabin and got our snorkel gear together and headed back to the Follies theater at 8am where all persons wanting to go to shore or on tours have to depart from. After reading the previous reviews I figured we had a long wait. We were scheduled on a 9:30 flight (ships time) so we had an hour and a half to get off the ship and make it to the municiple airport. WOW!! They started calling the Carnival sponsored tours just after 8am. They called number 4 for all persons who wanted to go to shore on their own. COOL, we were off the ship about 8:25am. They tender took 15 minutes exactly.

I have never tendered before - if you have to have a ticket to tender off the ship do you do the same to get back to the ship?

I am assuming it is a small boat you take to shore?

All you do is GET IN LINE to return to ship...Just make sure you are in correct line if more than one ship in port...

You may have a problem with a walker. Sometimes there are stairs you have to go down to get to the plank that connects the ship to the tender. There will be attendants on the tender that will take your hands or arms and assist you in getting on and off. Also keep in mind that it takes a few minutes for the tender to fill to capacity and then it takes at least 15 minutes to get to Belize. The tendering to Grand Cayman is much quicker; you need to allow more time in Belize. And on your return to the ship all you need is your photo ID and your Sign and Sail CCL card. The spot the tender takes you to is the same spot it will be loading for the return trip. The tenders run continually until the cut-off to sail away. Do not miss the last tender! But you don't need to worry with the independent tour guides....their livelihood depends on their getting all their customers back to the ship in time. I just mean after Major Tom (or whomever) has gotten you back to the port area....if you decide to shop or have a drink....keep an eye on the time.

I have never tendered before - if you have to have a ticket to tender off the ship do you do the same to get back to the ship?

I am assuming it is a small boat you take to shore?

I'm sorry kiraryker, didn't realize that.

I was assuming also.:o

Thanks for all the info!! My father likes to be informed before going anywhere as he is new to his walker and it still bothers him with other people as he doesn't want to cause anyone to have to wait for him he is in his early 60's so this is all new with his mobility issues.

We were planning cave tubing with NCQ - so we will be very careful with the time. My father is not of course doing the cave tubing but will be waiting at our ending location.

Archived