I designed my own Carnival ship for fun

RBCL

I'm thinking about having an extended Lanai Deck with grass (hopefully real) and palm trees (most likely fake) -- as well as a large open wall leading directly to the first deck of the large atrium.

The atrium would be several decks high, as tall as 5 Decks, with a glass ceiling. The glass would have multiple colors flickering and changing to different colors each time. :)

I have always LOVED the idea of a lazy river around the top of the ship where the walking track is. It would be awesome to just get on a raft and float laps all day long.

May help with the Chair Hogging:D:D

Good idea -- I'll have to think how that would work and where it would go. ;)

I have always LOVED the idea of a lazy river around the top of the ship where the walking track is. It would be awesome to just get on a raft and float laps all day long.

May help with the Chair Hogging:D:D

Great idea!!! One more thing, it MUST have several swim up bars along the way too! :)

Great Thread!!!

Carnival should run a contest for past guests to design a new ship...

Here are my thoughts on interiors;

1- Cabins

New configuration. I always choose one of the aft cabins on deck 2 because I like that they are laid out sideways rather than right to left. (did that make any sense?) Definately LARGER entrances to the cabin by shifting closet to another area. I hate the narrow entrances.

Larger Bathrooms, include bath/shower. Use space under bed as drawers, saving space.

Vary the colour scheme. I like that NCL uses lighting to affect the mood of a cabin. Make em modern.

2- Promenade deck

Add outside walkway. I like knowing I am at sea as opposed to that other line "Royal somethingorother of the Seas' where their promenade is enclosed like a mall!

Thats all for me...

:cool:

If I were to put a lazy river on the ships, where would you want it? Be aware that it needs to be at the top due to the issues of the water's weight. :)

haha this is great! maybe they could hang out like rci's whirlpools that would be pretty cool, and the bottom could be see through!

I think opposite from the golf-course/race track...so that it's more of a serene place. For instance if the putt-putt is at the forward end...the lazy river at the aft, on the highest deck. maybe around the funnel?

That's what I was thinking, but then my original plan was to have a 3-Deck Sports Place where the funnel is...maybe have the lazy river around the funnel, and just golf around that area too. Golf isn't THAT noisy. ;)

Alright...so I'm thinking having a few decks of Cove Balcony cabins looking over the Lanai.

I'm confirming the Lazy River that loops around the funnel, but be aware that golf is located there to. I'm also confirming my plans for the 3-Deck Sports Place which includes indoor golf, an indoor mini basket ball court for kids and a large indoor play ground with climbing cages and ball pits.

There might also be a dedicated Laser Tag room. :)

On the new Disney ship presently under construction, they have something close (or as close as one will probably get) to a lazy river. One of the slides runs around the perimeter of the top deck before finally emptying out at the pool or wherever.

Actually no. It's a water coaster, so it will be fast. And the pool at the very end it just to stop the raft quickly, then the passengers need to get off quickly. ;)

steps going into at least one pool. people are getting older and folks with bad knees have problems with the ladders. a set of stairs would be great

Actually, the two pools in the Pool Area are going to be sloped...they are called Beach Pools. :D This will be even more easy for elderly people and people with joint problems than steps. ;)

What about a zero-depth entry like the beach pool on the Oasis of the Seas?

Unless that's what you meant about beach pool earlier.

LOL look at the post I made before yours. We almost posted at the same time! :p

Any other neat stuff you want for this class of ships? I was thinking about having the Supper Club 3-Decks instead of 2-Decks; like on Pride, Legend, Spirit, etc. .

What about something unique to the Spa...like a Solarium?

UPDATED AMENITIES:

CARNIVAL WISH

DINING:

Specialty: John & Ellen's Supper Club | Casa d'Italia (House of Italy)

Adult only: Palais du Perisien (Palace of Perisien)

Buffets: Tropical Breeze Buffet | Paradise Waves Buffet

Regular: Celebration Dining Room | Carousal Dining Room | Solace Dining Room

POOLS:

Dolphin Pool (Beach Pool) | Coast Pool (Beach Pool) | Serene Pool (Adult only)

SPORTS PLACE:

Sergeant's Laser Tag | Carnival Adventures Play Ground | Golf Carnival (Two Decks) | Children's Ground (Kids Basketball Court) | Normal Basketball Court

YOUTH ZONE:

Camp Carnival | Circle C | Club O2

WATER-WORKS:

Twister Slide | Funnel Slide | Swirley Slide | Lazy River

STATEROOMS:

Balcony Stateroom | Lifeboat Balcony | Inside Stateroom | Cove Balcony | Lanai Balcony

CARNIVAL WONDER

DINING:

Specialty: Terry & Laura's Supper Club | Casa d'Italia (House of Italy)

Adult only: Jardins du Paris (Paris Gardens)

Buffets: Beach Sun Buffet | Blue Dolphin Buffet

Regular: Jubilee Dining Room | Boardwalk Dining Room | Charisma Dining Room

POOLS:

Tropics Pool (Beach Pool) | Bright Sky Pool (Beach Pool) | Moonlight Pool (Adult only)

SPORTS PLACE:

General's Laser Tag | Carnival Adventures Play Ground | Golf Carnival (Two Decks) | Children's Court (Kids Basketball Court) | Normal Basketball Court

YOUTH ZONE:

Camp Carnival | Circle C | Club O2

WATER-WORKS:

Twister Slide | Funnel Slide | Swirley Slide | Lazy River

STATEROOMS:

Balcony Stateroom | Lifeboat Balcony | Inside Stateroom | Cove Balcony | Lanai Balcony

Archived