I designed my own Carnival ship for fun

RBCL

wish_class_carnival.png

Here's my design: Wish Class, which consists of two ships, Carnival Wish and Carnival Wonder.

I've actually combined three Carnival ships together; Dream, Pride and Splendor.

If you would like me to list the amenities I plan to put on her, comment! :p

PS - Please don't criticize (sp?) about it, I did it for fun and wanted to show you guys! :cool:

Cool, Very Cool. See you found someone that has the same thoughts about ship as you do. How did you do it ? What programs do you use.

I actually did it all in paint...and too get the shadow outline and transparent background, I edited it in PhotoShop. :D

Nice job!!

If I were designing new ships for CCL, I would design smaller rather then larger as is the current trend. The Fantasy class can't last forever and I really think they are just about the right size for a fun cruise. A modern version with all the current ship board trends would be awesome.

Here's what I have for now -- I'm adding a lot more later, so don't worry...it's just a preview. :p

CARNIVAL WISH

DINING:

Specialty: John & Ellen's Supper Club | Casa d'Italia (House of Italy)

Adult only: Palais du Perisien (Palace of Perisien)

Buffets: Tropical Breeze Buffet | Paradise Waves Buffet

Regular: Celebration Dining Room | Carousal Dining Room | Solace Dining Room

POOLS:

Dolphin Pool (Beach Pool) | Coast Pool (Beach Pool) | Serene Pool (Adult only)

WATER-WORKS:

Twister Slide | Funnel Slide | Swirley Slide

STATEROOMS:

Balcony Stateroom | Lifeboat Balcony | Inside Stateroom

CARNIVAL WONDER

DINING:

Specialty: Terry & Laura's Supper Club | Casa d'Italia (House of Italy)

Adult only: Jardins du Paris (Paris Gardens)

Buffets: Beach Sun Buffet | Blue Dolphin Buffet

Regular: Jubilee Dining Room | Boardwalk Dining Room | Charisma Dining Room

POOLS:

Tropics Pool (Beach Pool) | Bright Sky Pool (Beach Pool) | Moonlight Pool (Adult only)

WATER-WORKS:

Twister Slide | Funnel Slide | Swirley Slide

STATEROOMS:

Balcony Stateroom | Lifeboat Balcony | Inside Stateroom

This is so cool Cruise Star! You make a beautiful ship and you have already named the pools and dining rooms.

Will you be designing the interior in the Joe Farcus fashion, or will this be a purely radical change a la Cruise Star?

This is so cool Cruise Star! You make a beautiful ship and you have already named the pools and dining rooms.

Will you be designing the interior in the Joe Farcus fashion, or will this be a purely radical change a la Cruise Star?

I'm actually not sure -- I'm sure I want the atrium to be of the Las Vegas style...but I may get rid of most of the purple. The theme I want to do it Beach/Surfing theme. :rolleyes:

I've come up with some itineraries.

5 Night Western Caribbean:

DAY 1 - At Sea

DAY 2 - At Sea

DAY 3 - Cozumel, Mexico

DAY 4 - Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands

DAY 5 - At Sea

6 Night Western Caribbean:

DAY 1 - At Sea

DAY 2 - Key West, Florida

DAY 3 - Ocho Rios, Jamaica

DAY 4 - Isla Roatan

DAY 5 - Nassau

DAY 6 - At Sea

This itinerary will be for the first year of operation. :)

Nice job!!

If I were designing new ships for CCL, I would design smaller rather then larger as is the current trend. The Fantasy class can't last forever and I really think they are just about the right size for a fun cruise. A modern version with all the current ship board trends would be awesome.

I agree entirely! :)

This thread reminds me of my son when he was a teenager. After his first cruise on the Disney Wonder, he came back home and for months, he designed and drew ships. Used the extra long graphing paper. He must have gone through three pads of that paper! Then, after taking a computerized drafting class in high school, he started making ships on the computer.

I thought for sure that he would go into architecture in college, but instead he is in business. Wants to be the head of a cruise line one day! lol

Have fun with your painting! I know my son did. ;)

Nice job!!

Smaller ships are not very economical. Also, they're much less energy efficient, and with the big movement to "green" everything, and be environmentally conscious, I don't think you'll see a lot of smaller ships being built, especially not for a mass market brand. Mass market brands have to keep prices low, and you just can't do that with a less energy efficient design...and fluctuations in fuel prices can upset the market more with these less effiicent ships.

There is also the problem of crowding, which is especially problematic with the designs Carnival has chosen. They would need major redesigns to keep costs low but still avoid the crowding problems.

I think the specialty lines will still continue to use smaller ships. Cruises will cost more, but you will get enhanced service, and visit more exotic destinations....this just isn't the market for the Carnival brand (although some of it's sister-lines would do well with smaller ships).

Archived