OASIS: Another price drop

On RCI web site this PM and noticed Junior Suites have dropped $900 pp. since we purchased in March. We now have an $1,800 OBC per suite. We have 2 Junior suites. No way that we will spend that much on board. Was told that remaining amount would be credited back to our credit card. Anyone have that experience?

i booked my dec 5th allure cruise after aug 1st, with two price drops, i was able to get OBC for both...hoping good things come in 3's and get one more before the start of my cruise. in reality, as long as i am within the 3 months of cancelling the cruise and getting the 100% back, I dont see why they wont give it.

Still think you are greatly over paying for a JS.....Geez !! $2000 per person for a JS is crazy in the month of November !!

Jimbo:)

Oasis size pricing I see...

Some of the Oasis prices I have checked are well above RCCLs other new ships...in some cases we could take another family member and get two cabins for the same price as a single cabin for 3 on Oasis. In fact that particular search indicated we could get nicer cabins on Liberty for that sailing than on Oasis.

Oasis size pricing I see...

Some of the Oasis prices I have checked are well above RCCLs other new ships...in some cases we could take another family member and get two cabins for the same price as a single cabin for 3 on Oasis. In fact that particular search indicated we could get nicer cabins on Liberty for that sailing than on Oasis.

The summer pricing is the worst.

I wish our price would drop!!!!

Keep checking. Final payment was 9/4/10 and today I was able to get 200.00 OBC because Dh turned 55 this year:D. When I first booked it back in May 09' we got an interior cabin for 909.00. Shortly after that it jumped to around 1300.00. This morning back down to 789.00 with the senior rate. Don't know if that would apply to you. I would check every couple of days have noticed the prices dropping.

If it is before final payment, they will subtract the amount from your final payment. If it is after, you should get an OBC.

Be glad you booked in March, because RCCL isn't allowing price drops after final for cruises booked later than Aug. 1 anymore.

I believe that May 17 was the cut off date where the new policy kicked in.

On RCI web site this PM and noticed Junior Suites have dropped $900 pp. since we purchased in March. We now have an $1,800 OBC per suite. We have 2 Junior suites. No way that we will spend that much on board. Was told that remaining amount would be credited back to our credit card. Anyone have that experience?

Beware that OBC even if refundable may no just get credited if not used. Back in April I had a 3K+ OBC ... I waited till the second day when it showed on my account... went down to the pursers desk and asked to withdraw it from my account in cash. After a quick phone call to the ship controller I was allowed a one time cash withdrawal. I took it all .... I was told that if I didn't, what was left in my account on the last night would not get refunded.... and this was considered a refundable OBC due to a price drop under the old price protection policy. I was not charged any type of fee for the transaction.

Beware that OBC even if refundable may no just get credited if not used. Back in April I had a 3K+ OBC ... I waited till the second day when it showed on my account... went down to the pursers desk and asked to withdraw it from my account in cash. After a quick phone call to the ship controller I was allowed a one time cash withdrawal. I took it all .... I was told that if I didn't, what was left in my account on the last night would not get refunded.... and this was considered a refundable OBC due to a price drop under the old price protection policy. I was not charged any type of fee for the transaction.

I am very confused about this. Why would the remaining credit not have been refunded back to your credit card?

I am very confused about this. Why would the remaining credit not have been refunded back to your credit card?

I was told that at the end of the sailing your account gets closed out and they do not just credit your CC if you have a negative balance.(refund)....you must go down to the pursers desk on the last night and close out the account if you want the credit ... or do what I did and take it out in cash as you see it available on the second day.... I saw it as a much much safer bet with the amount of credit I had to be walking off the ship with cash in pocket;).... good luck trying to dispute anything once you walk off the ship.

I was told that at the end of the sailing your account gets closed out and they do not just credit your CC if you have a negative balance.(refund)....you must go down to the pursers desk on the last night and close out the account if you want the credit ... or do what I did and take it out in cash as you see it available on the second day.... I saw it as a much much safer bet with the amount of credit I had to be walking off the ship with cash in pocket;).... good luck trying to dispute anything once you walk off the ship.

This is good to know. I had a pretty significant credit from our cruise earlier this year on Independence and it was automatically credited back to my credit card. If I am ever fortunate enough to catch a price drop again, which seems to be getting harder and harder to do with new rules popping up, I won't risk just expecting the credit to show up.

So, you would recommend taking the cash when I get on board. You simply went to purser's desk during the cruise and had no problem getting the cash? Thanks for the advice!!

I had nearly 2k obc (from price drops) on my April IOS sailing. I used over a quarter of it onboard, but I wanted to take the rest out midweek. They told me they would credit it to my account or I could pay 3% to get the cash. They eventually let me take it out without the fee.

The problem is that you can never get a straight answer on what the true policy is. Different people tell you different things, and don't even try to tell Miami what someone onboard told you, they simply won't discuss it. I would take the money out before leaving whether or not I had to pay the 3% charge.

Archived