FYI new military program finally

cacy6893076

My son is active military.............princess disbanded it s military rates in 2009 much to the dismay of many...i have not been on the site alot lately so if not discussed before the new military beniefit program is in place apparently they were re -working/thinking it.....it offers on board credit for retired/active military etc.....don't forget to ask about it//////// Best to all

Active Duty it looks like to me, not retired.

Good way to reward our current troops. :)

Hmmm, Keith, where are you getting active duty only from?? The OP specifically mentions retired and active. Not counting my pre-hatched chickens, of course (have any of us actually seen the OBC come through on our personalizers?), but, generally, when a benefit like this is given to AD, it's extended to retirees as well.

We're not talking "2 years and out" veterans here...we're talking 20+ years of military service to be a retiree.

Hmmm, Keith, where are you getting active duty only from?? The OP specifically mentions retired and active. Not counting my pre-hatched chickens, of course (have any of us actually seen the OBC come through on our personalizers?), but, generally, when a benefit like this is given to AD, it's extended to retirees as well.

We're not talking "2 years and out" veterans here...we're talking 20+ years of military service to be a retiree.

Here is what someone on our roll call got as a criteria from their TA

"Enlisted and retired after 20 years.

Medically Retired

Disabled

Or Veteran with honorary discharge

2 years service or served 6 months in active war zone."

I don't know anything about discounts to the military from Princess. But I did not get all that great of a deal using the military discount with Carnival. Last year we took my son and his wife on a cruise to Mexico on Carnival Splendor - (Princess was booked). My son just returned from a year in Iraq. By the time I got done with it the regular discounts for my son beat the military discounts that Carnival offered. So we did not use their military discount. So beware!

I am a serving Canadian Army Officer. I have a Asia cruise booked in Nov so I am going to take a shot and fax my info in and see what happens. For those that don't have it the fax number for Yield Management is:

661-753-0180

When I faxed in my share holder info the OBC was applied to my account within hours.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Will keep the board posted of the outcome

Very interesting thread. DH and I got a discounted cruise price, not OBC. on Carnival a few years ago. He served during the Korean war for two years. We sent in discharge papers to receive the discount. At the time, Carnival offered special booking prices when booking during a certain period of time around Memorial Day in May and around Veterans Day in November. For us, OBC would be great if it could be combined with other OBC such as FCCs and stockholder credit. Hats off to Princess if they have instigated this perk for those that have honorably served in the military. We'll stay tuned!

Thanks, everyone, for this great news and information about OBC for military. Our cruise leaves in 28 days, so we will fax info. and see what happens. Can anyone verify that they have actually received OBC for their cruise? Will this information be displayed on our cruise summary? This is our first time to sail Princess, so we're somewhat clueless.:o

I just phone Princess Customer Service. They were clueless about this program, and would not release a phone number for Yield Management. I am simply taking a shot in the dark and faxing the information (not sure exactly what is required for proof of service) to Yield Management. I'll let you know if anything comes of this.

It's great that Princess is doing this. It's exasperating that no one there seems to know about it.

Have you heard anything yet? I just faxed the info an hour ago myself. We are on the same cruise.

Just got thru talking with Princesses Yield mangagement dept. I was

told no military discount is being offer. Any explaination from the folks

that got one would be appreciated.

I don't think anybody was talking about a discount but rather OBC.

I just talked to the Travel Agent Desk at Princess. They also gave me an email address, if you would rather scan and email your information. The email address is shareholderbenefit@princesscruises.com. She did tell me that a picture ID was also required.

I got that email from a fellow cruiser yesterday, After having no luck getting through on the phone I sent an email earlier today....no response yet. I had faxed info for the OBC yesterday and asked to get an email confirmation of receipt of the fax and had received none. I also found out that a photo ID was needed that I did not provide as no one told me to send it. I am hoping I can scan in a copy and email it as my fax machine is a pain to setup and use.

I got that email from a fellow cruiser yesterday, After having no luck getting through on the phone I sent an email earlier today....no response yet. I had faxed info for the OBC yesterday and asked to get an email confirmation of receipt of the fax and had received none. I also found out that a photo ID was needed that I did not provide as no one told me to send it. I am hoping I can scan in a copy and email it as my fax machine is a pain to setup and use.

I just talked to a Princess customer service agent who seemed very knowledgeable about this new program. She told me we could either fax or e-mail our information, but that it may take up to a week to receive a confirmation. She told me to call Princess customer service if we have not received a confirmation in a week's time. She also put a note in our booking file that we are faxing this information to Princess. I'm just adding to the good information in earlier posts.

Linda

I've heard nothing yet, and can't check my personlizer until later today. Thanks, everyone, for keeping us posted. FYI, I sent booking numbers, name, sailing date and ship and a photocopy of DH's military ID (the laminated one we use to get on posts/bases, front only). He was a little reluctant to allow me to fax it, but finally relented. We tend to guard our Military IDs even more than our passports!

Sorry..I forgot to add that whether you fax or post, Princess must have a copy of the active/retired member's military ID card along with the cruise booking information.

Oh no....hubby doesnt have a military ID any longer. I sent a copy of his passport.....just a few minutes ago. I sent stuff yesterday but didnt know an ID was also needed. Hmmm.....we sail on the 19th.

Just hung up with Kathryn, a very nice young woman, who informed me that the OBC is per cabin not per person. I repeated this back to her and again she said "Yes, per cabin." She put me on hold to pull up the guidelines and read to me that it is for active duty and 20 years retired or medically dicharged military personel, as previously posted. I was also told that this does include Canadian military personel. I was given the same fax # and email address already posted.

This is a great perk for our hard working men and women! Thanks to all for your service=)

Archived