FYI new military program finally

cacy6893076

For those military retiree/investors that are unhappy about the Princess decision not to allow both the new military OBC to be combined with stockholder OBC, I suggest that a civil and coherent letter be written directly to Alan B. Buckelew, President - Princess Cruises at the HQ address. I will write such a letter when I return from my current cruise.

It is obvious that those who made the excellent decision to recognize military service with an OBC neglected to realize that many of us also are investors. I believe if that if it is called to their attention that their decision is causing backlash and may actually be counter-productive, they may reconsider.

The letters probably will be read by Mr. Buckelew's staff. However, if there are enough letters they are certain to bring the matter to his attention and possible action.

It certainly is worth a try. When in doubt go to the top!

Just a suggestion from a U.S. Army retiree/investor.

I just hope that if the investors/military people raise too much hell about this that it doesn't have negative consequences. They will probably just cancel the program of OBC for the military. Why look a gift horse in the mouth? What if they had other special discounts; IE firemen, cops, secretarys, union members etc., etc., would you expect them to combine all the benefits and then I guess if we qualiffied in enough areas we could get free cruises!

I just hope that if the investors/military people raise too much hell about this that it doesn't have negative consequences. They will probably just cancel the program of OBC for the military. Why look a gift horse in the mouth? What if they had other special discounts; IE firemen, cops, secretarys, union members etc., etc., would you expect them to combine all the benefits and then I guess if we qualiffied in enough areas we could get free cruises!

I was thinking the same thing.

We can be our own worst enemies. :rolleyes:

People are really something when you go out to a Restaurant and have discounts only one is allowed same for most store discounts. Keep complaining people and it will go away. Then you will be complaing how Princess management is stupid. I am a Stockholder and I think it's great for the Military to get A discount without being a shareholder since its possible most can'''t afford the 3 grand or so it cost. So sit back and enjoy the free things you get.

I was thinking the same thing! My husband is active duty military, and we are also stockholders. I'd love for both OBC programs to be combined, but at the same time I understand that they can't combine every discount out there. I'm glad that Princess is offering this to the military, even if we can't personally take advantage of it. In fact, I think I'll write them a nice letter to thank them - and hopefully encourage them to keep the program!

I was thinking the same thing! My husband is active duty military, and we are also stockholders. I'd love for both OBC programs to be combined, but at the same time I understand that they can't combine every discount out there. I'm glad that Princess is offering this to the military, even if we can't personally take advantage of it. In fact, I think I'll write them a nice letter to thank them - and hopefully encourage them to keep the program!

Please thank your husband for his service! I agree with you, as a stockholder and the wife of a retired Army Officer, that this is a very generous offer from Princess and I hope they offer it for a long time.

I just hope that if the investors/military people raise too much hell about this that it doesn't have negative consequences.

I also tend to agree. I don't think they should combine the OBCs (and neither does DH). We just see no value now in holding on to our CCL stock. It becomes an investment decision to be weighed against all other investment opportunities, un-influenced by OBCs, which, frankly, is the way I like it. We sell now, we've made lots of money (we bought under $20), we pay for another cruise. Trust me, we have lots of losses we can offset! If, at some point in time in the future, the military OBC goes away, we will re-evaluate our options. Straight forward and simple.

Frankly, if I were to remain a CCL shareholder, it would irritate me if these credits could be combinable. I mean, I would hope to see Princess make decisions that increase EPS and stock price, not the other way around. And I really don't think that combining or not combining credits is going to sway someone one way or the other when it comes to choosing Princess vs. some other cruise line for their vacation choice.

BTW, I haven't heard back yet on HAL.

As you can see form a post above I sent Princess Customer Relations a query reference not allowing the share holder and military obc's to be combined. Customer service was prompt in there response and I am satisfied. It is a company, does have share holders and yes, does have to operate in the black. I too like a return on my investment. The request was made from personal principle rather than a need for the credit. I thought their gesture to me was very nice and totally unexpected. Below is the reply that I received in less than 24 hours.

Thank you for your e-mail regarding onboard credits for your upcoming cruise. We certainly do understand your point that the military onboard credit is not related to the shareholder credit. We do appreciate your service to your country. However, many of our offers do not combine with one another. In cases such as this, the passenger must chose which offer works best for them.

We have placed a bottle of wine onto your file as a gesture of goodwill.

Time to put this one to bed for me at least.

Please thank your husband for his service! I agree with you, as a stockholder and the wife of a retired Army Officer, that this is a very generous offer from Princess and I hope they offer it for a long time.

Please thank your husband for his service as well!

Does anyone know if this includes members of the Canadian Military?

Thanks

Yes! Canadian Service men/women are included. My TA confirmed this yesterday. Once they have the documentation, they'll send it on to Princess and the OCB are suppose to show up after the final payment has been made.:)

Ok sent my info in late last night and just checked my email and i havent heard anything.. about how long is it taking people to hear back? i emailed and faxed over all the information.

Thanks!

I fax'd mine on Wednesday, still no confirmation. I included my email address in case there were any questions or problems. Guess they are overwhelmed with requests right now

Just faxed our info in for our Panama Canal cruise in Oct. Can always use a little extra fun money. Will have to wait until we are on board to see if we get it, unless they send us an email to confirm.

Thanks to all for the info.

I just got off the phone with Liza. She told me that all that was needed was a copy of the last DD214 and an up-to-date photo ID or retired ID. Additionally, furnish your cruise confirmation number. Send it all by FAX to 1-661-753-0151. She also stated that this had just been continued in the last 2 weeks and that she had received over 100 applications in the past 72 hours.

I just got off the phone with Liza. She told me that all that was needed was a copy of the last DD214 and an up-to-date photo ID or retired ID. Additionally, furnish your cruise confirmation number. Send it all by FAX to 1-661-753-0151. She also stated that this had just been continued in the last 2 weeks and that she had received over 100 applications in the past 72 hours.

They were all probably from CC members!!

[/color]

They were all probably from CC members!!

Word travels fast of here. I read it on Wednesday night and emailed ALL my DH info last night around 6:00pm EST and within the hour we heard back that he will recieve the OBC on our cruise in two weeks.

THANK YOU CRUISE CRITIC FOR BEING SO INFORMATIVE

THAND YOU PRINCESS FOR GIVING THIS TO US

Archived