FYI new military program finally

cacy6893076

As the initial shot over the bow I just sent this to Princess

"

First let me thank you for the prompt response I had getting my share holder credit posted to my account on my upcoming Asia cruise 19 Nov 10. Now my displeasure. I was delighted to see that you had reinstated the OBC for military members. Well done on your part. My question is why can’t I have both? Please tell me what being an investor in your company has to do with defending your right to have a public company and not one owned by the state? Nothing at all in my mind. I ask that you reconsider this policy and reward all service personnel equally regardless of their status as an investor in your company or not. I trust you with my money, you trust me with you ability to exist as you do now. Please do what is only fair. "

Great news! Thanks for the additional info, and the email address. I just scanned and emailed the same info I faxed yesterday, and will sit back and wait. We, too, are shareholders, but I would be more than happy to sell my CCL stock and just go with the military OBC (NOT Princess's desired outcome, I'm sure, but, hey, if you dis-incent me to own your stock...). The returns were great for awhile, but have kind of stagnated recently. If we weren't getting the shareholder OBCs, I would have already sold. So, either way, we're happy.

As the initial shot over the bow I just sent this to Princess

"

First let me thank you for the prompt response I had getting my share holder credit posted to my account on my upcoming Asia cruise 19 Nov 10. Now my displeasure. I was delighted to see that you had reinstated the OBC for military members. Well done on your part. My question is why can’t I have both? Please tell me what being an investor in your company has to do with defending your right to have a public company and not one owned by the state? Nothing at all in my mind. I ask that you reconsider this policy and reward all service personnel equally regardless of their status as an investor in your company or not. I trust you with my money, you trust me with you ability to exist as you do now. Please do what is only fair. "

It wasn't all that long ago where there were certain credits that were not combinable, such as stockholder credit combined with credits given from other areas (thankfully that finally changed). Although I understand your unhappiness about this, I totally see Princess point on this one too. Since they are giving the credit, they have the right to allow certain credits to be combinable or not. Easy answer, sell the stocks and get the military credit and use the profits from the stock sale to book a cruise. ;)

$250.00 credit!

Just like to throw my two cents in. I called today and spoke with a very nice lady who told me that all honorable veterans who served atleast two years were eligible. I faxed my info, which consisted of a DD214, copy of my license and info on the sailing(date,ship,booking number) and i received an email confirmation less than 4 hours later. How nice.

Thanks to the OP for bringing this up and a big thanks to Princess for the credit.

Last evening I faxed a copy of my ID (Retired United States Air Force) and my DD form 214 requesting the credit for two upcoming cruises. I just received an email confirming a $250 for the 14 day cruise and $100 for the 10 day cruise.

Another reason to "Escape Completely" with Princess. :)

Got it!!! Just received an emailfrom Liza (poor woman is probably cursing CC right now!!). Stock is being sold as soon as I can determine if HAL is offering the military credit too...maybe I'll email Liza ask tomorrow. As Toto said, it will go a nice way toward paying the two final payments we have coming up this month (after one final payment last month. We really need to stay home sometimes!!)

FWIW, I sent a copy of the ID only, no DD214. A huge thank you to those who brought this info to CC!!!

Thanks to everyone who posted information about this ... especially the person who started the thread!

I've emailed all the info and fingers are crossed that OBC shows up in our cruise personalizer soon. I may never sail with anyone but Princess again!

Thanks to everyone who posted information about this ... especially the person who started the thread!

I've emailed all the info and fingers are crossed that OBC shows up in our cruise personalizer soon. I may never sail with anyone but Princess again!

I got the email confirmation awhile ago. Nothing is showing up on our Princess account. Should it?? I printed a copy of the email I received stating we were getting the OBC. Just incase.

I got the email confirmation awhile ago. Nothing is showing up on our Princess account. Should it?? I printed a copy of the email I received stating we were getting the OBC. Just incase.

Not always on the personalizer. Check when you you get on board. It should be there.

If yu booked through a travel agent can you fax at DD214 yourself or does it have to go through TA.Does anyone know if this OBC affects the commission the TA receives for the booking?

These types of credits have nothing to do with the TA's commission, no worrys there. And you can fax this yourself, it does not have to be done through your TA. ;)

I just checked my favorite interliner TA and she said there is nothing new and that Princess is still not allowing interliner rates to military...but perhaps they have not made an official announcement?? One can always hope.

OBC = On-Board Credit

The discussion is not about a Promotional rate. It is about credit on your folio.

;);):D;);)

If your husband is "Retired" military he really should have an ID card. If he is not retired he can not have a military ID card.

From a retired USAF Chief

Chief: In the USNR, we used to say, "FUBIJAR."

Do you know that one? 20 years retired, active just 2 weeks a year. Got the DD214 and Grey Card.

It is Grey to match our hair.

AZ1 (E-6)

:cool::cool::eek::cool::cool:

For those military retiree/investors that are unhappy about the Princess decision not to allow both the new military OBC to be combined with stockholder OBC, I suggest that a civil and coherent letter be written directly to Alan B. Buckelew, President - Princess Cruises at the HQ address. I will write such a letter when I return from my current cruise.

It is obvious that those who made the excellent decision to recognize military service with an OBC neglected to realize that many of us also are investors. I believe if that if it is called to their attention that their decision is causing backlash and may actually be counter-productive, they may reconsider.

The letters probably will be read by Mr. Buckelew's staff. However, if there are enough letters they are certain to bring the matter to his attention and possible action.

It certainly is worth a try. When in doubt go to the top!

Just a suggestion from a U.S. Army retiree/investor.

Archived