Should CCL Tell You a Group Will be on Your Cruise?

Molly BPOE

Should CCL tell you a large group will be on your cruise?  

719 members have voted

1. 1. Should CCL tell you a large group will be on your cruise?

• Yes! I have a right to know and make an informed choice.
    • No! It is nobody's business what groups are on the ship.
    • I could care less who else is on the ship, I have a good time no matter what!

On one Inspiration cruise there was a modeling group of young teens having contests every day. Some of the more important rooms were taken up by the group...couldn't go through the lounge to get to Serenity. The room for the late night comic was changed to accomodate them too at the last minute and lots of people couldn't find him. It wasn't fun.

http://www.shoretrips.com/common/groups2.asp Check this site before you book.

Of course it is my business when I plan my vacation......

I agree it is our business since we are the ones paying for this vacation.

IF someone books into a hotel with tons of softball teams and noisy kids running the hallways, you can always check out and move down the road (so to speak).... you can't do that on a cruise.

I voted yes, but I really only care if the group is going to be allowed to take over venues that would normally be available to the individual passenger.

The CC group cruises that I've been on have M&Gs but only in lounges that would not normally be open to the public.

I was on my Med Cruise with a large Florida travel agency (600+ guests) and they frequently closed the Lobby area and the aft Lido deck for their private use. I didn't think that was right at all.

I was just teasing you:) I don't have anything against Richard Simmons either, but I don't think I could handle cruising with one of his groups. I like to be in relax mode on a cruise and I can just imagine kickin it on deck and having him power walk by encouraging his group to shake it and move it. The man has undoubtedly helped millions of people and even saved some of their lives. I was chuckeling to myself when I found the website I posted earlier about group cruises...he had one listed.

Then you will want to avoid the Splendor Oct 23 -30, 2011 :p

Archived