Should CCL Tell You a Group Will be on Your Cruise?

Molly BPOE

Should CCL tell you a large group will be on your cruise?  

719 members have voted

1. 1. Should CCL tell you a large group will be on your cruise?

• Yes! I have a right to know and make an informed choice.
    • No! It is nobody's business what groups are on the ship.
    • I could care less who else is on the ship, I have a good time no matter what!

We were booked on a Princess group with about 800 "Bears Cruisers" and if I had known I woukd have canceled..just off the Elation with about 200 Home School group and would have canceled that one too if I had known........I booked then because I knew all kids should have been in school....Dennis

I may be sorry for asking but what is a "Bears Cruisers"

well I guess I would want to know if the ship was full of gay groups and wished I had waited another week to book.

wow did you really just say that?? i am really sorry you feel that way because i cruise with large groups of straight people and they have never bothered me once. i am really sorry if any of us gays have ever done anything to you personally for you to feel that way.

Going on the Liberty Oct 9 and found out there are going to be a big group of Hair Stylists onboard....Gees won't that be fun!!!!! The smell of hair gel disturbing my meals...hehehehehe. One good thing they won't be able to bring their scissors onboard, so no sneak attack hair cuts

Going on the Liberty Oct 9 and found out there are going to be a big group of Hair Stylists onboard....Gees won't that be fun!!!!! The smell of hair gel disturbing my meals...hehehehehe. One good thing they won't be able to bring their scissors onboard, so no sneak attack hair cuts

Hey maybe you could be a model for a killer new fashionable do...:D.

wow did you really just say that?? i am really sorry you feel that way because i cruise with large groups of straight people and they have never bothered me once. i am really sorry if any of us gays have ever done anything to you personally for you to feel that way.

It is amazing the way people think. What if a fire fighter or a police officer saved their child from something horrible or the Doctor that just operated on their mother and saved her life was gay? Would they not give them a huge hug and thank them for the rest of their life for that? Invite them to Thanksgiving dinner every year and send them a birthday card every year?

I had several people earlier in this thread wonder why I said "Shaking head over this thread"....

This thread went from would you want to know if a group was on your cruise to....I don't want to cruise with people I don't care for, for some people here....

You can cruise with me any time....

And I still say "NO" on Carnival telling people if there is a group onboard....

It is amazing the way people think. What if a fire fighter or a police officer saved their child from something horrible or the Doctor that just operated on their mother and saved her life was gay? Would they not give them a huge hug and thank them for the rest of their life for that? Invite them to Thanksgiving dinner every year and send them a birthday card every year?

I had several people earlier in this thread wonder why I said "Shaking head over this thread"....

This thread went from would you want to know if a group was on your cruise to....I don't want to cruise with people I don't care for, for some people here....

You can cruise with me any time....

And I still say "NO" on Carnival telling people if there is a group onboard....

I'm with you on this. More people who want to cruise the better. I'll cruise with any group who is willing to cruise with me.

I wouldn't mind a group cruise if i didn't know about it as long as it wasn't 2/3 of the people on the ship. For instance i wouldn't want 2000 people that only speak french or 2000 people that knit....but everybody is a stranger till you meet them anyway so a group cruise wouldn't bother me in the least bit!

I wouldn't mind a group cruise if i didn't know about it as long as it wasn't 2/3 of the people on the ship. For instance i wouldn't want 2000 people that only speak french or 2000 people that knit....but everybody is a stranger till you meet them anyway so a group cruise wouldn't bother me in the least bit!

Hey Bruce...What's up ?

Most people who speak French learn usally three languages. One of which is English....

As far as the knitting thing I wouldn't say that around Mean Joe Green....LOL...;)

If the ship holds 3000 people, what difference does it make if they are 3000 individuals or a group that has 3000 individuals in it.

The only thing that has bothered me when cruising with a group is when they blocked off part of the ship for that particular group. I paid for the use of the whole ship (passenger areas), not just a part of it.

Remember Rosie Greer too....lol ;)

Needle point...;)...And most people don't know or remember this...I do....

After Grier's professional sports career he worked as a bodyguard for Robert Kennedy during the 1968 presidential campaign and was guarding the senator's wife, Ethel Kennedy, during the Robert F. Kennedy assassination. Although unable to prevent that killing, Grier took control of the gun and subdued the shooter, Sirhan Sirhan. ;)

Back on topic...If 500 Rosie Griers want to have a group cruise, do needle point and someone is upset....:eek::D

Perhaps if Cruise Critic folks help keep Groups Ahoy updated .....

then folks who don't want to sail with a group could be informed OR people who ARE looking for a theme cruise would have one website to check for possible sailings.

A win win situation.....

then folks who don't want to sail with a group could be informed OR people who ARE looking for a theme cruise would have one website to check for possible sailings.

A win win situation.....

Hey cutie....Just have to say....How would they do that....Many different agencies and sites book cruises for groups. How would CC be able to track that if no one from there posts what is happening ?;)

A win win situation.....

Problem with this is that it may be a small group of drinking buddies on a reunion instead of the 1000 orthodontists who spoil your cruise

Hey cutie....Just have to say....How would they do that....Many different agencies and sites book cruises for groups. How would CC be able to track that if no one from there posts what is happening ?;)

Groups Ahoy is a website where anyone can add a "group". You don't have to be the "organizer" to add a group.

For example....as a Cruise Critic Addict (admittedly...LOL)...if I am on the Internet looking for a Nascar cruise and I run across one....I would post it on Groups Ahoy to let anyone else that might be looking for it .....

There are dozens of sites (that have been posted on here) where group cruises are listed..... this would just put them all in one place that Cruise Critic folks would know about.

No site is going to be 100%....it would just be nice to have one site to look at instead of searching 10 of them...

As folks run across groups cruises...they could just add them...

Problem with this is that it may be a small group of drinking buddies on a reunion instead of the 1000 orthodontists who spoil your cruise

Having cruised Carnival almost 40 times....there has been a small group of drinking buddies on EVERY cruise.....

;)

Needle point...;)...And most people don't know or remember this...I do....

After Grier's professional sports career he worked as a bodyguard for Robert Kennedy during the 1968 presidential campaign and was guarding the senator's wife, Ethel Kennedy, during the Robert F. Kennedy assassination. Although unable to prevent that killing, Grier took control of the gun and subdued the shooter, Sirhan Sirhan. ;)

Back on topic...If 500 Rosie Griers want to have a group cruise, do needle point and someone is upset....:eek::D

Off topic.......does this date us jessemon?

Archived