Should CCL Tell You a Group Will be on Your Cruise?

Molly BPOE

Should CCL tell you a large group will be on your cruise?  

719 members have voted

1. 1. Should CCL tell you a large group will be on your cruise?

• Yes! I have a right to know and make an informed choice.
    • No! It is nobody's business what groups are on the ship.
    • I could care less who else is on the ship, I have a good time no matter what!

I think I would want to know when the all nude cruise is on the Carnival Miracle so I could change my vacation;). But otherwise, why ruin the trip. Large groups can be more fun. I went with a bunch of firefighters back in 1999, no one on that ship had a bad time.

I think I would want to know when the all nude cruise is on the Carnival Miracle so I could change my vacation;). But otherwise, why ruin the trip. Large groups can be more fun. I went with a bunch of firefighters back in 1999, no one on that ship had a bad time.

When is this cruise? Just asking.:p

Usually a case like this..and what difference would it make..and as one of our favorite members would say..."Were they hot?"

YEAH there are a few things not in my comfort zone..a managed topless deck, a special clothing optional beach..that's one thing..a whole or over half group of nudists and /or swingers on a ship..the only charter mandatory thing I can think of..sjn.

Maybe a huge weight loss group too..where they would just naturally tip the scales in gym accesss and main lounges access .etc due to their mission and size....sjn.

Usually a case like this..and what difference would it make..and as one of our favorite members would say..."Were they hot?"

YEAH there are a few things not in my comfort zone..a managed topless deck, a special clothing optional beach..that's one thing..a whole or over half group of nudists and /or swingers on a ship..the only charter mandatory thing I can think of..sjn.

Maybe a huge weight loss group too..where they would just naturally tip the scales in gym accesss and main lounges access .etc due to their mission and size....sjn.

You won't catch me on a nude cruise. My Momma always taught me...

"if it don't look good, don't be puttin' it out on your front porch!"

(and I am WAY past the front porch days!!) :D

Yes Carnival should make public all large groups.........not sure why it would be illegal afterall they are plastered all over the internet.

It might even bring more people into the group.....

When I plan my Vegas trips I always check to see their public announcements about which and what conventions will be at all the hotels.....no different.

At least I can find out about which group cruises to avoid that are always on the front page of cc:D

You won't catch me on a nude cruise. My Momma always taught me...

"if it don't look good, don't be puttin' it out on your front porch!"

(and I am WAY past the front porch days!!) :D

Thanks for getting me...was on a utopia nude beach 2 x in youth..but those experiences stay in past..and really love your humor..where I get it enforces really..all bods are ok...rather have it it minds eye..and It is ok if that group wants to charter..just not for me:D.

Yes Carnival should make public all large groups.........not sure why it would be illegal afterall they are plastered all over the internet.

It might even bring more people into the group.....

When I plan my Vegas trips I always check to see their public announcements about which and what conventions will be at all the hotels.....no different.

At least I can find out about which group cruises to avoid that are always on the front page of cc:D

Very well put my fellow Hawaii lover and freq. traveller and soon to be fellow appreciator of the special Mexico places...happy next planning..sjn.

I think it depends on the group, but then you get into who designates what`s offensive.

Assuming nudist cruises are charters, I would be avoiding religious groups, cross dressing. bear/lesbian. and Richard Simmons groups. simply because all within the group just can`t contain themselves to doing their "stuff" in their areas.

And if you`re a good Googler, you can find all this info online.

The only groups I have found, and choose to sail among, were those on dialysis, and a group of kid dancers.

Ok Mr Pete so where is your I-87 southbound???? cause mine is in upstate NY.

Also what the heck is cougar cruises ? ISthat the older women younger men thing? Why would they ban that I bet they would sell tons of liquor on that one.

Hey Sarah,

Careful there, just because I am fluffy doesn't mean I am not fun ;)

Hey Sarah,

Careful there, just because I am fluffy doesn't mean I am not fun ;)

Hey..me fluffy too;)..working on it with this health etc but not aiming at age 20 anymore:p..no..just thinking about the Total Richard Simmons Cruise or something..unless I was a participant..and even then....there may not be enough treadmills:o..and all those meetings..no shows..just in my imagination after those exhausting commercials that nothing else could be going on..on the ship..and nothing against Richard either:D.

That was a lousy worded sentence Molly..whew I should have have had some rice crispies before that...smiles..sjn.

Hey..me fluffy too;)..working on it with this health etc but not aiming at age 20 anymore:p..no..just thinking about the Total Richard Simmons Cruise or something..unless I was a participant..and even then....there may not be enough treadmills:o..and all those meetings..no shows..just in my imagination after those exhausting commercials that nothing else could be going on..on the ship..and nothing against Richard either:D.

That was a lousy worded sentence Molly..whew I should have have had some rice crispies before that...smiles..sjn.

I was just teasing you:) I don't have anything against Richard Simmons either, but I don't think I could handle cruising with one of his groups. I like to be in relax mode on a cruise and I can just imagine kickin it on deck and having him power walk by encouraging his group to shake it and move it. The man has undoubtedly helped millions of people and even saved some of their lives. I was chuckeling to myself when I found the website I posted earlier about group cruises...he had one listed.

I remember several years back the ZyDeco Dancers pretty much took over a cruise and commanderred the bars and dance areas and literally locked people out from even watching their dancing. That left a lot of passengers standing at the railing watching the flying fish and nowhere to get a drink and relaxing.

I think whenever there is 500+ in a group you should be informed. I have been on 2 crusies where there were very large groups. The groups were great fun and did not cause any problems, but many nights on the cruise the aft cocktail lounge was closed for their exclusive use. Did not and would not complain, but it would have been nice to know that we were losing an entertainment venue for the cruise.

I think whenever there is 500+ in a group you should be informed. I have been on 2 crusies where there were very large groups. The groups were great fun and did not cause any problems, but many nights on the cruise the aft cocktail lounge was closed for their exclusive use. Did not and would not complain, but it would have been nice to know that we were losing an entertainment venue for the cruise.

I need to warn you about a group that is going to be on your Sept 18th cruise on the Fantasy.....

jessemon, they should be VERY afraid, shouldn't they !!! :D

Seriously....I am so jealous that you are going to be sailing with some of the best people in the world....and I am not....:(

;)Been thinking about this thread topic on "should" CCL tell you about groups. BUT why on earth would they?

What good could possibly come to them from sharing this info? To scare off paying customers

because they may have problems with a booked group - I don't think Carnival is going to do that.

I am sure as far as their customers go - ignorance is bliss.

;)been thinking about this thread topic on "should" ccl tell you about groups. but why on earth would they?

what good could possibly come to them from sharing this info? To scare off paying customers

because they may have problems with a booked group - i don't think carnival is going to do that.

i am sure as far as their customers go - ignorance is bliss.

yup.

I was just teasing you:) I don't have anything against Richard Simmons either, but I don't think I could handle cruising with one of his groups. I like to be in relax mode on a cruise and I can just imagine kickin it on deck and having him power walk by encouraging his group to shake it and move it. The man has undoubtedly helped millions of people and even saved some of their lives. I was chuckeling to myself when I found the website I posted earlier about group cruises...he had one listed.

LOL Molly.

My sentiments exactly..God love him...not my idea of fun; even if I am only going to be eating veggies and meat and drinking h2o :p rest of life.. a cruise will not be "project time for me"!!:D

Great thread Molly...sjn.

yeah, I'd want to know about the 1000 orthodontists, too.

Anything that locks up some venues from the rest of the guests who paid for them, too, is a concern to me.

You are right since "technically" IF they "move" as a group (which some do...some don't) they could over run "normal" activities not specifically for their group....

if just 100 people show up to sing karaoke in a "block"... that could over run the venue for the other cruisers. Or if they all show up to the piano bar at the same time ..... saving seats at the shows ...... the hot tubs....

etc

I was thinking the same thing, LHP...it seems to me in your families case that this is a "medical" need-to-know

they don't need to tell you what sort of "costume" will be worn, just that there is a costumed group (obviously you don't sail Halloween, which I do enjoy :grin:)

I think that is only fair. I know of a social group that dresses up, in costumes, to visit sick kids and do good...BUT in your case they would be a huge problem. I do think you deserve to know, I hope special needs department will help you with this !!

As for the rest of us...I am "torn">> because I do cruise with groups (singles) and enjoy it usually....but not huge groups. I have heard of a Halloween singles cruise a few years back that was a nightmare, over 600 people in the group. Now I think Carnival limits the amount per ship

We get a lounge for 2 parties or whatever, in the afternoon....one hour open bar

so it really doesn't affect others

I do agree that a BIG group that takes over lounges, entertainment areas would be a big problem no matter what the group is. As for the person who said "I prefer bluegrass">> well you would be out of luck unless you are booked with the group. You can't just "join" them when you are on board, that is the music etc they paid extra for

Google is your friend <grin>

Archived