Is one of the most popular new Elite perks being Chopped!

Xcruiser

I don't understand what the gripe is re: Captain's Cocktail party. If they eliminate one night of the Elite cocktail party because it would be meeting at the same time as the Captain's Cocktail party so what. Eat and drink for free at the Captain's Party is the same as what we do in the Michael's Club. You aren't losing out on a night of drinking. We are just spending one of the nights in a different venue with all guests, not just Elite members.

I can appreciate the fact that some folks prefer a more intimate setting for a before dinner cocktail. On a recent RC cruise the past passenge gathering was so crowded I just went up to the lounge they used for the Diamond event and had a few drinks there. I also wish they would keep the elite lounge open every evening, but I will surrvive if they do not.

I don't understand what the gripe is re: Captain's Cocktail party. If they eliminate one night of the Elite cocktail party because it would be meeting at the same time as the Captain's Cocktail party so what. Eat and drink for free at the Captain's Party is the same as what we do in the Michael's Club. You aren't losing out on a night of drinking. We are just spending one of the nights in a different venue with all guests, not just Elite members.
That is the problem, the pre-dinner cocktail hour is listed as an elite perk just like the laundry and internet. A time to meet and socialize in a non-crowded room. The so called officers party is a much more crowded event without enough seats so many are standing holding drinks, also without a choice of drinks unless you know your waiter and can find him,you must take what is on the tray. Not a pleasant pre-dinner, or as on the Solstice between dinners, cocktail hour.

I thought it was 10 cruises? Or did you mean sailing in a suite after 5 cruises?

It's not 10 cruises to become elite, it's 10 cruise credits. As mentioned above, you get one cruise credit on any sailing, an extra cruise credit for booking a CC, AQ or suite, and another cruise credit on sailings of 12 nights or more, meaning you can get up to 3 credits on once cruise.

My last cruise was a 13 Night Transatlantic in a CC Cabin. I earned 3 credits for that cruise.

It's not 10 cruises to become elite, it's 10 cruise credits. As mentioned above, you get one cruise credit on any sailing, an extra cruise credit for booking a CC, AQ or suite, and another cruise credit on sailings of 12 nights or more, meaning you can get up to 3 credits on once cruise.

My last cruise was a 13 Night Transatlantic in a CC Cabin. I earned 3 credits for that cruise.

Thanks, I knew that already. The person I was responding to said "you can become elite after 5 cruises". That's why I asked them if they meant by sailing in a suite, since you would receive 2 cruise credits per sailing which would then be 10, or elite level.

Hi Everyone !

I'd like to make some comments about this thread. Please allow me to vent :)

Many of us have requested/recommended/fought/begged/pleaded with Celebrity to offer this, and other benefits for years. I am one of many who kept fighting the fight, as I felt that Celebrity should offer the Elite Lounge, as it made sense to appreciate their most frequent and most loyal customers. As you know, I am a huge supporter of most anything that benefits and recognizes brand loyalty.

So here we are. We have what we wanted. My concern is, the economy stinks and Cruise lines are cutting back everywhere. I have to believe that if Celebrity could reverse this benefit, they would. I feel it's not a wise idea to complain about whatever tweaking they've done, as we run the risk of Celebrity stopping the program altogether. I'd rather have the benefit as it stands, than no benefit at all.

I certainly appreciate the discussion, but keep in mind that Celebrity reads this board. I hope we can be constructive, and use this thread as an opportunity to show our appreciation to Celebrity for the additional Captains Club benefits, instead of complaining about some minor tweaking. I truly hope you agree. Thank you !

Andy, I respectfully disagree in part. Yes, I also would rather have the benefit as it stands than no benefit at all. But that is not the point. The point is that it was so great to finally have Celebrity back to increasing their benefits for their most loyal customers and now they are cutting back on them. I am frustrated because I was looking forward to this benefit on my November cruise and now it is scaled back before I ever had a chance to use it!

I may be Elite, but I am no "elitist'. That said, the perk was special for Elite members only and now for two nights I am getting no better benefits than less loyal cruisers. That is the main point. That and the fact that the benefit you are getting on those two nights is a smaller perk due to fewer choices and battling the crowds. It is just not the same. What Celebrity is saying to me by this change is that their most loyal customers are just not as special to them as they were three months ago (or whenever it changed).

I know times are tough, but we do not have to be happy with decreases in benefits and I see no reason to avoid saying so, especially when these benefits were so recently increased with significant fanfare (in a period of time, by the way, when times were already tough). I certainly hope that Celebrity DOES in fact read these postings, so they can see what people are thinking. I refuse to be intimidated by a fear that if I comment negatively (but not disrespectfully) about a decrease in perks, Celebrity will then 'punish' me by taking away more. That doesn't work for me.

Andy, I respectfully disagree in part. Yes, I also would rather have the benefit as it stands than no benefit at all. But that is not the point. The point is that it was so great to finally have Celebrity back to increasing their benefits for their most loyal customers and now they are cutting back on them. I am frustrated because I was looking forward to this benefit on my November cruise and now it is scaled back before I ever had a chance to use it!

I may be Elite, but I am no "elitist'. That said, the perk was special for Elite members only and now for two nights I am getting no better benefits than less loyal cruisers. That is the main point. That and the fact that the benefit you are getting on those two nights is a smaller perk due to fewer choices and battling the crowds. It is just not the same. What Celebrity is saying to me by this change is that their most loyal customers are just not as special to them as they were three months ago (or whenever it changed).

I know times are tough, but we do not have to be happy with decreases in benefits and I see no reason to avoid saying so, especially when these benefits were so recently increased with significant fanfare (in a period of time, by the way, when times were already tough). I certainly hope that Celebrity DOES in fact read these postings, so they can see what people are thinking. I refuse to be intimidated by a fear that if I comment negatively (but not disrespectfully) about a decrease in perks, Celebrity will then 'punish' me by taking away more. That doesn't work for me.

Thank you, we totally agree with your excellant post. We are the paying customers, as we have proven by becoming Elite, and certainly are entitled to express our opinion. I don't believe any of us have threatened to "take our money elsewhere" or stop cruising, but we ARE telling Celebrity how we feel.:cool:

I don't know if this has been mentioned, as I did not have time to read all 6 pages of this thread, but I will wade in anyway.........

On our recent Infinity cruise, the senior officer cocktail party, was for elite members only and was held in Michael's club. It was very nice, there were maybe 6 to 8 officers there including the captain, chatting with about 30 or so elite members. They were passing drinks, wine, champagne, but you could order a specific drink if you wished. So I don't think you can count the lounge closed? Isn't the lounge only for elite members, or am I confused?

There was another cocktail party with officers, for select and elite that was held in a bigger venue at a different time of day, so that didn't require closing the lounge on that day either.

:o

This all has to do with how many Elite and other Captain's Club members are on board. The venues and employees needed for special events and all other activities vary depending on projected attendance. If they are just purposely doing away with the Elite cocktail benefit that's one thing. but if they need to do this to accommodate all the events they have planned it's another.

I would say it remains to be seen.

Very well said. I absolutely agree.

I don't think that is the issue. The main benefit of the elite lounge is to be able to relax and chat with other passengers in a less crowded environment. Most of Celebrity's public venues are large open spaces that are not conducive to a real conversation.

• 4 weeks later...

So if there's no lounge on embarkation and disembarkation days, nor on the days of the Captain's Club celebration or Senior Officer's Party - then on a 4 day cruise, I am guessing there is no Captain's Club lounge at all? (Well, I guess breakfast, maybe).

Archived