Emerald here we come.

penlanspice

Just made a mad decision and talked hubbie into it, we decided the beginning of the week we were going to definitely do a cruise next year and decided on the best deal was with Carnival and we thought we'd give it a go. (we have previously sailed with RCCL and Princess)

Then today I totally changed my mind and decided to splash out and spend the extra and go with Princess on a 10 day cruise next October on the Emerald, so today I emailed our past cruise TA and and managed to get a category BB on Caribe deck for the price of a BE and they were offering $600 ship credit. :) all booked... Just need to wait a year now.:mad:

Always wanted to visit Antigua...:D

Just made a mad decision and talked hubbie into it, we decided the beginning of the week we were going to definitely do a cruise next year and decided on the best deal was with Carnival and we thought we'd give it a go. (we have previously sailed with RCCL and Princess)

Then today I totally changed my mind and decided to splash out and spend the extra and go with Princess on a 10 day cruise next October on the Emerald, so today I emailed our past cruise TA and and managed to get a category BB on Caribe deck for the price of a BE and they were offering $600 ship credit. :) all booked... Just need to wait a year now.:mad:

Always wanted to visit Antigua...:D

Wow!! Congrats on the booking. :)

How did you get $600 ship board credit?

I emailed several UK travel agents and they were all offering the same $600 credit, they all said it was a great deal and is for a very limited time. I had it 80 pounds ($120) per person cheaper than Princess online and princess direct online didn't have any ship credit either.

I've never seen such a big credit for a regular balcony room!!

It's the first time I've priced a cruise and it's cheaper with a UK agent than a USA agent.

That will nearly cover all our on board spending.. happy days..:)

We're sailing on the 9th October 2011 and will be taking in St Thomas, St Kitts, Antigua, St Lucia, Barbados, Bahamas, we've visited St thomas and their own island on a previous cruise so plenty of new places.. Even hubbie is excited.

I emailed several UK travel agents and they were all offering the same $600 credit, they all said it was a great deal and is for a very limited time. I had it 80 pounds ($120) per person cheaper than Princess online and princess direct online didn't have any ship credit either.

I've never seen such a big credit for a regular balcony room!!

It's the first time I've priced a cruise and it's cheaper with a UK agent than a USA agent.

That will nearly cover all our on board spending.. happy days..:)

We're sailing on the 9th October 2011 and will be taking in St Thomas, St Kitts, Antigua, St Lucia, Barbados, Bahamas, we've visited St thomas and their own island on a previous cruise so plenty of new places.. Even hubbie is excited.

We are selling the Emerald on October 9, 2010 so that only leaves you 395 days until you sail (not that we are counting). We also have a BB cabin on the Caribe deck:):). We loved the Caribe decks on the Coral on our last cruise.

Happy cruising,

Vinnie

We are selling the Emerald on October 9, 2010 so that only leaves you 395 days until you sail (not that we are counting). We also have a BB cabin on the Caribe deck:):). We loved the Caribe decks on the Coral on our last cruise.

Happy cruising,

Vinnie

What cabin do you have? we're in C701

We are on the Nov 8 sailing in cabin C702. Have had this cabin before and it is in a great location close to stairs and rear elevators. You will love your cruise and your cabin.

How was the motion? our last princess cruise we sailed on Lido deck and we had terrible motion, I would never sail that far forward again and that deck.

Congrats on the deal. We sailed that itinerary on the Emerald a couple of years ago and loved it. My only disappointment was St. Kitts. They had built a lot of new shops. The previous time we were there it seemed unspoiled. But now it has a Diamonds International as well as a lot of the other stores we see in every port.

• 1 month later...

I posted this on my roll call and thought I would put it out there on this thread as well. Thanks for any information!! I hope all who have sailed had a wonderful cruise and all that are anticipating are enjoyed that. The cruise I am on is 1/7/2011.

I need an opinion....

I had booked a cat. M guarantee, and just called agent re a flier I had received for a discount (which of course only applied on cat. L & above) to find they had assigned cabin R204 (inside which is a cat. I, an upgrade from M), which is on Riviera deck 14. It is the last cabin on the left facing forward. Might be under lotus spa, not sure.

What do you think? The agent asked Princess if there might be another upgrade & was told it is too far out and might be one closer to date, no way of knowing.

The same cat. is on Aloha deck 13, but more mid ship. I don't know if they would give me one of those.

I'm traveling with a newer cruiser and not sure about the waters this time of year in the Caribbean, or for that matter being on that high of a deck.

I am going to post this on the Princess thread too.

All opinions welcome. lol

Thanks,

Marianne

Archived