I snagged HUMP cabin, but now I'm worried...

tropiclvrs

I snagged cabin 9620 on Mariner which is a center hump cabin and also the first cabin from the lobby. For anyone that has stayed in one of these cabins just outside the lobby, did you hear any noise from out in the hall?

I was looking every day to see if a better cabin will open up from what I originally booked (D1 category, forward) and today I was shocked to see one of the center humps open up. BUT, now I'm worried that maybe this wasn't such a good move.

I snagged cabin 9620 on Mariner which is a center hump cabin and also the first cabin from the lobby. For anyone that has stayed in one of these cabins just outside the lobby, did you hear any noise from out in the hall?

I was looking every day to see if a better cabin will open up from what I originally booked (D1 category, forward) and today I was shocked to see one of the center humps open up. BUT, now I'm worried that maybe this wasn't such a good move.

What is a "HUMP" cabin? (No dirty jokes please....)

LOL! THe "Hump" is the part of most RCI (or all) ships that bumps out on the sides. Many people love the cabins located on these bumps because you can go out on your balcony and see the ship from stem to stern.

We stayed in 8620 on the Mariner.

Yes there was more traffic due to the elevators and sometimes you can hear people talk or laugh. That never bothered us or kept us awake...no excessive noise.

We loved the central location and being on the hump for views from the balcony. Feel it is a prime location.

Perfect for whatever area of the ship you are heading to or back from.

We have a hump cabin booked on the Mariner in December.

You'll love it!

Laura

Ahoy fellow cruiser....

We have sailed on the Mariner a few times, and have never regretted choosing a hump cabin...

Your choice in the move is a good one in out eyes!

Enjoy the Mariner of the Seas! We sure do miss her here on our eastern coast of Florida.

LOL! THe "Hump" is the part of most RCI (or all) ships that bumps out on the sides. Many people love the cabins located on these bumps because you can go out on your balcony and see the ship from stem to stern.

Genesis, Freedom, Voyager and Radiance class ships have a "hump."

Vision and Sovereign class ships do not.

You made a good choice. I prefer hump cabins and have never had a problem with noise from outside. The hallway to the rooms is separated from the stairway/elevator area. It's not as open as the deck plan appears.

Its perfect...don't change. There is a wall and you will not hear any noise. very convenient !

We have stayed in 9624 and 9318....great locations;)

Thanks for all the feedback. Would anyone happen to have a picture from lobby so I can see if our door would be directly acrross from the opening from the lobby tot he hallway? I would feel much better if we were just slightly to the side of the opening.

We were in 7320 on Explorer, so the same area a couple decks down on the starboard side. Here are some pics from the stairway area, hopefully showing what we mean about the wall. It's actually 7322 that is directly in front of the doorway from the stairway area.

We LOVED the location -- SO convenient -- and we did not hear any extra noise from the hall.

DSC_0022-1.jpg

DSC_0024-1.jpg

DSC_0025-2.jpg

Tropiclvrs: We also were able to snag the same room that you are going to have. There are many people that would love to have these rooms from what I've heard. I'm looking forward to enjoying the hump room as well! Great job on snagging the room.

Dirtgirl: I wish you would change your mind on go on The Last cruise on the West coast. You sound like a riot!:D

Pictures are worth a thousand words. :D

Hi, Here are the Voyager and the Radiance Humps

This is a picture of the Mariner and the Hump cabins on one side of her. Port Side.

As you can see they bow out from the ship. Location is what it's all about and a great view.

These Voyager Hump cabins are the same size as any other cabin in their category and have the same size balcony.

(On the Radiance class ships especially, there are Hump cabins with bigger balconies.)

All of these cabins are in a great location, have a great view, have mostly private balconies because you are out further from the ship than all others, are near the elevators and the stairs, and yet there is no extra noise because of that. ;)

The center Hump cabins are the prime choice with the best views. ;)

humpcabintouchedup.jpg

Below is a view of the Radiance class hump cabins. You can see the balconies are quite large on some of them.

With the elevators on one side of that class ship, there are not as many of the Hump cabins and their balconies are many different sizes.

attachment.php?attachmentid=68676&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1201541348

Below is the Voyager Class and you can see the Hump cabins where all their balconies are the same size. It looks exactly like this on the other side of the hump also.

That very tiny extra space you see on the balcony is actually in the cabin itself.

phpMrAkZ2_c3PM.jpg.b672e2031b840b84f3c382ae5acb77d2.jpg

I have also had that cabin location on Deck 8 several times on the different ships.

It was a great location and there was no extra noise at all.

Remember these two things I have posted on here before. ;)

1. Never open the cabin door if the balcony door is open when sailing or windy out! Anything not nailed down in the room can possibly fly around and out the balcony door. Money, paperwork, etc. never to be seen again. :eek:

Smaller people fly backward out the cabin door as it can slam in your face.

Watch children's hands!!

I went out backward and landed in my neighbors dishes. With all the noise, they came out laughing and knew exactly what happened, as it also happened to them. (They did not put their dishes near my door anymore either.):D

2. If you hear a slight whistle in the cabin when you sail, roll up a towel and place it on the floor in front of the cabin door. It is the "wind tunnel effect" from the hallways that cause that faint whistle.

It took me a couple of hours to find that annoying little thing the first night at sea. :rolleyes:

Once I put that towel on the floor it was gone. I just remember to do it every night before we went to sleep. ;)

And all the ships I have sailed on the Humps have it.

We had the first cabin right outside of the lobby, on another cruise ship, and loved it. We might have heard noise in the hallway for a few minutes a couple of days but I have a feeling we would have heard these very loud people no matter where our cabin would have been.

Pictures are worth a thousand words. :D

Hi, Here are the Voyager and the Radiance Humps

This is a picture of the Mariner and the Hump cabins on one side of her. Port Side.

As you can see they bow out from the ship. Location is what it's all about and a great view.

These Voyager Hump cabins are the same size as any other cabin in their category and have the same size balcony.

(On the Radiance class ships especially, there are Hump cabins with bigger balconies.)

All of these cabins are in a great location, have a great view, have mostly private balconies because you are out further from the ship than all others, are near the elevators and the stairs, and yet there is no extra noise because of that. ;)

The center Hump cabins are the prime choice with the best views. ;)

humpcabintouchedup.jpg

Below is a view of the Radiance class hump cabins. You can see the balconies are quite large on some of them.

With the elevators on one side of that class ship, there are not as many of the Hump cabins and their balconies are many different sizes.

attachment.php?attachmentid=68676&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1201541348

Below is the Voyager Class and you can see the Hump cabins where all their balconies are the same size. It looks exactly like this on the other side of the hump also.

That very tiny extra space you see on the balcony is actually in the cabin itself.

Keep it! We loved our hump cabin :)

"Hi Alexis!!!"

Keep it! We loved our hump cabin :)

"Hi Alexis!!!"

Are you guys ever on land anymore? :D

We just had to do the Mariner one last time before she leaves San Pedro.

This will also be our first time to these Mexican Ports so it should be nice.

Next year on to the Serenade and 10 years of trying to return to Grenada.. :eek: :rolleyes: :D

"Hi to Bob", Take care and Happy Sailing.

Archived