Qm 2 Westbound....5/22/05!

aaannnthony

I got my documents last week which was great! Last year I had to wait right up until the last minute but feel that that might have been my travel agent rather than Cunard's fault! Nevertheless once you have them- it definitely makes you relax that little bit more!

Two-and-a-half days without a post is not acceptable.....there are at least us 8 CC'ers aboard. Who'll start the countdown for this cruise!

We're now at three days for our 14 day Princess transatlantic plus that leaves on Sunday, the 8th!

I'll start with : WE JUST RECEIVED OUR DOCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I guess we're going!

See you all on board, and have a great crossing, Aaanthony!

Rosie

Whoops! I was so excited I forgot to count. Let's see - we leave for London on the 17th, and today is the 5th, so it is twelve days to London, and 17 days to the Queen Mary2, I think. I am not great at math.

Rosie

I am sure the days will start to fly by! Have got to have a last minute clothes drill where I try everything on and make sure it all looks OK! Nothing better than the build up to a cruise!

Anthony....enjoy your trip we will see you on board....you can send us a message from Golden Princess

Two weeks today finish work and take a comfortable drive to southampton on the saturday......so still seems a bit away. Watching now for the postman on a daily basis!!!

Hello all...

Anthony, have a wonderful trip. We look forward to meeting you, and hearing all about it.

Michael woke me up this morning saying, 'we're leaving two weeks from today!"

WOW, I can't believe this cruise is right around the corner. It seems we've waited forever, and suddenly it's HERE!

Too bad I haven't managed to lose any weight, knowing that I'll add to it once on board. Oh well.... At this point, I'll worry about it later.

We were told our documents had been shipped overnight, but we STILL haven't received them. I'm NOT going to panic. They will arrive, RIGHT?

I said, RIGHT?????

Very strange about documents; we've had ours since last Tuesday, April 26th, our T/A received them the day before.

Thanks for all the well wishes for our 14 day "pre-cruise" cruise!

I'll be posting weather reports for you during our transatlantic sea days; great thing about Princess is free internet after having cruised five times.

aaannnthony and Fran-- wish you a safe and happy eastbound crossing! See you in the library 6/23 at 11:30 am...

One week from today I arrive in London, still haven't sorted out my wardrobe to my satisfaction but am getting closer. Look forward to meeting all the voyagers and sharing a memorable QM2 crossing with you.

alita

We found out the reason we haven't received our docs was because of a 'minor mistake' made on the paperwork. They said that they were to be overnighted today, so will hopefully get them tomorrow. Sure hope so.

I didn't know Princess offered free internet access after 5 cruises.

I've cruised on Princess at least 25-30 times, and this is the first time I've heard this. Where the heck have I been?????

Alita, I think you mean 5/23. Right? We sure don't want to confuse anyone.

Especially ME! :)

Debbie, we passed five cruises in 2002, and, have had free internet on all cruises since then.......if, you've passed 25 cruises, are you aware that you have free laundry services? It doesn't have anything to do with your cabin category!

Anthony, It's been about 2 years since our last Princess cruise. (we've been trying other lines) Do you know when this great service began?

I think Princess is starting to sound better and better, again.

We were getting 'burned out' on Princess for awhile. And the chief engineer that we've been very close friends with for 15 years was transferred across the world, which gave us a good excuse to try something new. (without hurting his feelings)

Thanks for the info. Any other tidbits you're willing to share? :)

Have a marvelous cruise!

Anthony, Good idea. It never occurred to me. I've always been taken such good care of, actually, spoiled rotten, I never bothered to ask for more!

Thanks for the reminder!

See you soon! And don't forget to let us hear how your trip is going.

Be well.

Anthony wrote..."Debbie, when you receive your cruise card, you should be an "elite" member, more than 15 cruises. When you meet your cabin steward, just ask, and learn, what your priviledges are as an an "elite" member?"

I thought he meant the next time I cruised Princess, but after reading Yvonne's reply, I'm not sure.

Are all my Princess cruises transferred to Cunard? I know that RCCI and Celebrity are merged to where my cruise card says Platinum.

I sure hope it's the same on this cruise.

Thanks Yvonne for the 'heads up.' Mine must still be in the clouds!

I've just been checking my document case and realised that I have no true luggage tags, only a couple of sticky paper tags to stick on like airline destination tags. Everyone else have the same? They came in a black 'leather' case with the travel documents but there was nothing else included. Don't know what I expected but the case seems pretty empty...

Deb - who knows, perhaps we'll all be meeting on JUNE 23 as well as on May 23 in the library! :)

alita

Hi Alita,

Yes, we should all have the same tags as yourself.

I have four paper tags to be exact. Not quite enough for me, but I'll just get more at check-in. This is what the cruiselines use now.

Certainly nothing fancy, but I suppose effective.

Well, at least the document case is pretty.

I wouldn't argue about meeting on another cruise on JUNE 23rd.

Now that really would be a perfect world. :)

Archived