Qm 2 Westbound....5/22/05!

aaannnthony

Yes, we have the same luggage tags, that stick at one end, and you wrap around the handle. I guess that's it.

Chris, have you contacted your agent about your lack of tickets? I would hate to see you left behind.

Rosie

Our trip is definitely right around the corner. Hope Chris get docs soon.

Michael's middle initial is incorrect on our tickets. Never had that happen before and am wondering if it's a REAL problem. You'd be amazed at the hassels that have been had over minor info like that. Waiting to hear back from Cunard about it.

Hopefully it's no big deal. What's an L from an I among friends???? :)

Deb hopefully wont be a prob.......an I and J will look pretty similar.....will be interesting to see if you get a response from Cunard.

Tickets.......well I did have the audacity to ask Cunard today........did I ask for an upgrade to a duplex suite....I dont think so......anyway tickets will be issued soon........'but our friends on cruisecritic have them and they are in canada and USA'......'you may not be aware sir!....but the tickets are printed in Chicago'........ah says I......so are they coming on the next transatlantic crossing.......'please be assured Sir (a lttle too firmly said) you will have tickets even if they are e-tickets'

I had foolishly thought having booked 9 months ago that I was travelling with a premier cruise line (again) it seems I may be with a 'no frills' outfit

You will be pleased to know I am still smiling!!!

Chris

Chris, you have the patience of a saint! E-tickets, INDEED!

Cunard said the incorrect middle initial won't be a problem. It would have been if the first or last name were incorrect. I had them email me that answer, and will be bringing a copy...just in case.

You will let us know when your documents arrive???

Hi guys, we're into day two of our six day transatlantic portion of our 13 day, originally 14 day, Princess cruise. We left Monday, a day late, instead of Sunday. The weather's been generally "crappy"....lots of wind, drizzle, rain.....best temp yesterday and today has been in the 45-48 degree range. Only now does it appear to be clearing up!

Wow, Anthony- How could you leave a day late? We have been on a ship that waited for a few hours for late arrivals, but bever heard of holding a ship a whole day. WAs it because of weather? And, even if the weather is bad, as you say, you don't have to go outside, right? There should be enough to do inside?

How does that weather compare with your previous Transatlantic, which was more in the winter?

You're scaring us!!!!!!!!!

Rosie

Hello, again.....another miserable weather day...fog, rain and lots of wind, we're in a force 8! Forecast for tomorrow is much the same. This is definitely a crossing for those experienced to much indoor activities on a crossing.

We left a day late because the Golden and the Norwegian Dawn both got "tossed" around off the Carolina's through most all of Saturday, and didn't arrive until Monday morning. See the Princess roll-calls, the Golden May 8th thread.

We'll be onboard for the 5-22-05 crossing, as well. I really do hope this ship has become a full fledged Cunarder and not just a clone of Carnival Corp, as we found when we were last onboard in April of last year.

Anthony, we expect you to take care of this weather problem BEFORE we arrive.

Do you understand me? (if you're anything like my kids were, that answer would be NO!)

I don't mind a little tossing about, but I'd prefer it once I retire for the evening. That's when I can sleep like a baby. Any other time, it may upset my wine. :)

Is Norwegian Dawn the one that had all the trouble a few weeks back? If so, then I think if I were them, I'd just STAY docked! (obviously they're not equipped to handle such weather)

What's the temp been like? I'm not sure what a force 8 is.

What force is normal and smooth? I've always cruised the transatlantic in the fall, so I'm not sure what to expect this time around.

Welcome Cupcaked. Hope you can join up in the library on Monday, the 23rd, at 11:30 AM.

Lord have mercy, let's hope this organization doesn't turn into Carnival corp.

As it is, I feel that Princess has gone down on the scale since the takeover, closer to a Carnival type cruiseline.

I'm really worried that Cunard will now be on the same scale as the old Princess. (which isn't a bad thing, since Princess was great when it was PRINCESS. Except this is CUNARD for pete's sake)

Surely it can't be demoted two/three steps. SURELY NOT!

That's one of the things I'm anxious to find out on this cruise. And since this is a dream of mine, I'm looking forward to it, no matter what.

First welcome 'cupcaked' to the team

To those of you awaiting (along with Sheila and me) for our tickets.......they are still on the way!!!!!!!

I am known for the sweetness of my nature and the gentleness of my disposition..... but........and........I enjoy a joke but........

We leave home (as up in the north) next sat and I think a week is a bit close.....and I have spoken with cunard!!!! much good that did......would you believe they said would I like to put it in writing to customer relations.......no I said I would like you to put my tickets docs in an envelope and send them to me !!!!

If I was 1st timer on an inside cabin on 1 deck who got the cruise in a raffle I would be unimpressed. as a platinum member in a grill class cabin /stateroom booked in july 2004......

I am no happier.......they THINK i may get them by courier sat!!! will keep you posted

Everyone have a lovely weekend and dream of a 'dream of a trip'

Chris

Well, the weather has improved. Today, we finally cleared up, no fog, rain, or drizzle, and the temp. reached 60, from the high 40's and low 50's of the first three days, however still very windy. We're now at Force 6, from yesterday's Force 8, "gale" conditions. So, it's far from good for any outdoor activities!

Chris, I can't believe you're having such a time getting your tickets.

I read on another thread where they received their tickets (in England) a full month before their cruise. So I have no idea why they're telling you what they are. I'm sure you'll get them in time, but STILL, it's very frustrating.

Keep us informed. We may have to vouch for you at check-in! :)

Anthony, so glad to hear the weather is clearing up. Keep those good thoughts a comin'.

The clearing I noted two days ago lasted about 6 hours.....we returned to dreadful weather that afternoon and it's been pretty much the same since.

Late yesterday we reached Force 9, strong gale; we remained at Force 9 through the night and were just reduced to Force 8. It now appears to be clearing.....we should be in Dublin in about 20 hours.

Anthony, thanks for the weather report. WOW, it sounds like you're rocking and rolling. I'm anxious to hear the difference between how each ship handles herself in this kind of weather.

Although, I hope it clears up by the time we come aboard.

Enjoy Dublin!

Chris, have you received your docs???

Okay guys-

We're off tomorrow for London, and in spite of Anthony's weather reports, we're still looking forward to the cruise!

Hope you get your docs, Chris!

See you all 11:30 A.M., May 23, in the Library!

Bon Voyage to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rosie

AT LAST.....we now have tickets........not sure what I was expecting but they almost seemed not worth the wait!!.......no indication about these ascot balls/black and white evenings etc........but whocares this time next week we will be on the hopefully not too 'high seas'

Chris

WOO HOO Chris, so glad you FINALLY got them! Anticlimatic, for sure.

Not what I expected either, but still glad they're in my hands!

I wonder what the people who travel from home a few weeks early do about receiving their documents? That's cutting it way too close for my taste.

The weather won't be deter my enthusiasm.

I fully expect our sailing to be noneventful (sea-wise).

However, while on board, I expect one marvelous event after another!

Can't wait!

......no indication about these ascot balls/black and white evenings etc........but whocares this time next week we will be on the hopefully not too 'high seas'

Chris

IIRC, not every Cunard sailing does a black amd white, masked and/or ascot ball. Last time on QM2, we had a masquerade evening, that's all.

As for the high seas, bring 'em on. Having done a rough crossing or two on the QE2 in December, I like to feel like I'm on the North Atlantic, plus we'll be on one of the most stable passenger ships afloat. No need to worry :-)

Karen/CupCaked

I look forward to high seas once I'm in bed. There is NOTHING like being rocked to sleep.

However, it's difficult to look elegant when one is dressed up, standing on 3 inch heels, while grabbing onto each and every gentleman (and lady) who happens to walk by when a wave hits. (sometimes pulling them down with me)

Trust me, it's not very becoming.

And oh, must I mention trying to dance? I'm not Ms. Grace as it is. Believe me, it takes A LOT of effort to stand up AND move, all at the same time.

(although it is a good excuse)

So PLEASE...can't we compromise? No rough waters until bedtime?

I've never done a transatlantic in the spring. My fall crossings haven't been bad at all. I expect the same next week.

Hi Everyone

Since our last cruise was over 20 years ago, I have some questions about the staterooms that I can't seem to find answers for in the documentation. Are the bathrooms like hotel bathrooms? Shampoo, soap, hair dryer? I hate to have to pack all that stuff. I think I saw somewhere that there are bathrobes in the staterooms but no mention of hairdryers. I need the room in my bags for fancy duds!:)

ps - I'm so glad that Chris got his documents - I was getting worried and I haven't even met you!

Not to worry, Katie. The ship provides shampoo and soap, as well as a hair dryer. There will also be a safe and mini refrigerator in the cabin.

Although, it seems those little fridges are never cold enough.

A lot has changed in 20 years, and I think you're going to be VERY VERY happy!

I look forward to meeting you on Monday!

I'm in the process of deciding what to pack. I have no idea why I waited so long. I suppose I thought I would be able to wear my smaller clothes by now, and wanted to wait until the last minute. Hoping anyways. HA!

Well, that's not to be. So now I'm in a panic. What to pack, what to pack!

I've had to make SIX trips for alterations on one gown. The men here won't understand, but I'm very sure the women will. What a PAIN!

The good news (I always try to find something good) is that at least I was home on the week my koi decided to spawn. (a VERY surprising first for us)

If we hadn't been home for Michael to clean the pond several times a day, I don't know what we would have done. I suppose come home to thousands of new baby fish? We also found out they could decide to do this again during the full moon.

My question...are we away during the full moon? I don't think my son could handle what we had to go through. Personally, I think I'm ready to buy ONE goldfish and be done with it.

Back to pulling clothes out of the closet. Anybody know the weather in S'Hampton?

Archived